• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    This thread exemplifies why I haven't owned a Taurus yet. They work most of the time. Would not want to need it to perform and have to send it in for warranty repairs. That could be a major problem.:(

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I've owned 9 or 10 Taurus' over the years, maybe more. Revolvers and pistols. Never had a single problem with any of them.

Same here. Several revolvers. A couple pistols. Zero problems. Granted, the wheel guns weren't Smiths, and the autos weren't Berettas (though they tried to be), but all were good guns for the money.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This thread exemplifies why I haven't owned a Taurus yet. They work most of the time. Would not want to need it to perform and have to send it in for warranty repairs. That could be a major problem.:(

Yeah your right, no one has ever sent a glock, springfield, or S&W in for repair.

Im not trying to be sales guy for Taurus, they arent the best guns in the world, but they are overall reliable. If they all went back like some would have you believe, Taurus couldnt afford to stay in business.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've shot one Taurus one time. It was my step-father's Judge. I would have shot it more, but it locked up. Folks that have been around Taurus seem to think their quality is improving from years past. They also highly praise the Tracker series. I don't know one way or the other, but I do know it seems like more folks are experiencing quality issues across the manufacturing spectrum. The OP mentioned his 327 having issues- so did Ruger. Smith escaped that particular scenario by barely touching the caliber and quickly walking away.

This is why I take my handguns S&W pre-lock. No issues there at all.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    My TCP738 ran like a champ and still does. But it wouldn't extract/eject a live round. To unload it I had to pry the round out of the slide opening. Sent it back and they replaced the extractor. Works now. It's in my pocket now.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    Currently own two Taurus revolvers in .44 Mag. No problems with either yet (knock on wood). The newest is the Ultralite 4". It kicks hard so time will tell how it holds up. Very happy with them so far.

TaurusUltralite.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom