• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    We purchased property to open an indoor range North of 146th on 421 and are working on doing an indoor range and self storage units on the same property. Things are progressing slowly but surely. Ironically the storage units seem to be more of an issue as far as zoning is concerned than the range. The zoning attorney we were using also represents clients in the neighborhoods around there. He has told us due to the conflict of interest he may have to step down (which I completely understand and can't fault him for it) but he will recommend somebody. If this comes down to a legal battle I'm not sure I want someone he recommends. Does anybody have any good experiences or can recommend a zoning lawyer in Zionsville?

If anybody live near my property there I would like your input on having an indoor range that close.

Orgcrsh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    I am in the Carmel area, off of US31, but I look forward to a range I will be able to visit that is closer and I hope cleaner than the others available through out the city.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    airplane_goodluck.jpg

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Best of Luck. There is definately a need for more modern, well ventillated, indoor shooting environments around here. Stan runs a nice place up in Lafayette (ABSI) but that is a little far for some people down south.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I am in the Carmel area, off of US31, but I look forward to a range I will be able to visit that is closer and I hope cleaner than the others available through out the city.

It will be much cleaner and will have pistol and rifle lanes (16-18). We are looking to do something higher end. We have had a meeting with the design firm and are going to be spending a LOT on HVAC because of the filtration equipment.

I would've never thought the storage units would be the issue:dunno:

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    Sorry no lawyer recommendations, but hope you can pull it off. I am a Carmel shooter and would definitely use a range at your location.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    If you can, please have it opened by the end of next month. I have family coming to town and it would be great to take them to a new, modern, shooting range.

Thanks in advance!!

MikeBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil, IN
    I was born and raised in Zionsville, good luck on getting anything built in that town. If you build the storage unit like log cabins, and pave the parking lot with bricks, you might have a chance.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Are you building on the old nursery site?

Good luck and sorry I can't recommend a lawyer. I'm fairly close and would love to have a range that's only 5-10 minutes away from the house.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'm looking to possibly open an indoor range somewhere down here near Bloomington. There is nothing and I mean nothing around here. let me know if you find anything odd....

Jason

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Best of luck. Hopefully it works out for u. I work at 106th and 421, live just a little South. U will see me there if u can pull this off. Only suggestion I have is to call Marshall at 2nd Amendment in Whitestown. He may have someone in mind that can help you out. I don't really recall the hoops he jumped through when opening his shop.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Best of luck. Hopefully it works out for u. I work at 106th and 421, live just a little South. U will see me there if u can pull this off. Only suggestion I have is to call Marshall at 2nd Amendment in Whitestown. He may have someone in mind that can help you out. I don't really recall the hoops he jumped through when opening his shop.

Thank you.

Top Bottom