• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    That is a couple blocks from where I useed to live and I still drive by there on my way home from work. I hope this goes alright for you, if it does I'm sure we'll be on a first name basis in no time.:D:ar15::ar15::ar15:

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I have no connection with this law firm or the individual attorney, but Mary Solada at Bingham McHale has a great reputation in real estate/zoning.

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Atty recommendation

I'm not sure who you were using before, but Mike Andreoli has a lot of experience and is based in Zionsville. He has been very successful with zoning and land use issues in the past (e.g. Wal-Mart's failed proposal for a Zionsville store). You might want to give him a try. Good luck!

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    No lawyer recommendations but I'm right off 146th in Carmel! I know myself and a few others in the area not on this board that would love a close range to use !!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I am in Zionsville... this sounds great! As long as your prices are alright.

Is the main complaint about the range the noise issue? While not what you were planning, you might get further if you restrict the range to handgun cartridges. That would reduce the noise a lot. Obviously try for everything first.

Is this in Boone or Hamilton Co? I would think it wouldn't be that bad in Boone outside of Zionsville's control.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I am in Zionsville... this sounds great! As long as your prices are alright.

Is the main complaint about the range the noise issue? While not what you were planning, you might get further if you restrict the range to handgun cartridges. That would reduce the noise a lot. Obviously try for everything first.

Is this in Boone or Hamilton Co? I would think it wouldn't be that bad in Boone outside of Zionsville's control.
    It's Boone Co. and it is Zionsville. They don't have any complaints yet because we are not going to present it to the zoning board until all our ducks are in a row. Historically Zionsville is not the easiest place to deal with as zoning and development is concerned, which is why I want to get a legal representative that is familiar enough with the ins and outs to get the job done. A pistol only range is out of the question as far as I'm concerned. We're wanting to offer shooters what some of the other ranges don't at a competitive price.
    The noise won't be a problem due to the way the range will be constructed. :D

Hopefully we can make things happen

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Good luck! I live too far away to even have a guess for a lawyer.

Its just over an hour and a half drive, but if/when you get this done, I would love to come down and see it! Always up for supporting a local businessman!

-MColford

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    God willing I hope you are able to get this done! I live 5-10 minutes from there and I could see many stops in on the way home from work to do a little shooting. It would be great to have some place this close, heck I think I would need to get a annual membership if offered. I'll do some asking around about a lawyer...I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I am about 3 miles east from you. Bring the range, we need it! I know an attorney or two and will see what experience they have with zoning in Hamilton/ Boone counties.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW, there are a lot more Carmel Zionsville guys than I thought on here. I used to live about 1 mile East of the intersection you mention (146th and US 421) and I only live about 5 miles away now.
    Out of curiosity why did you decide to buy and build within the city limits of Zionsville? That location is right at the corner of Zionsville and Carmel and (whatever is north of there?). I really don't know what I'm talking about but it seems like just heading north of there a little would put you out a city/town zoning area. I could be wrong, and I am often, I'm mostly saying that to explain the reasoning for the location selection question.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    1 word=annexation. Wouldn't matter if he went 2 miles north and then got annexed in, if they don't like it, they will do what they can to shut u down. I'm all for this, and I'm glad that it is getting done correctly, too. Gotta CYA. I hope it flies and gets put in. Be real nice if an outdoor 200 Yd range was approved. 1 of the down sides to this area is the money and pull that people have on the boards (including zoning). 1 of the upsides is the money and pull that people have on these same boards. Strange how that works.

Bring it on.

richwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Lebanon
    This would be great to have a Range closer to were I live, besides I am not a big fan of some of the places currently in Indy. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see this a reality some day.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Great news that a range may open on the North side of Indy or
    Zionsville. Just a short drive from Lafayette. Applied Ballistics
    is in Lafayette and it's a class range but it would be nice
    to have another close. Good Luck Guys!!!!

:ingo::patriot:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    martin man thats awesome when we talked about the range i figured it was just your personal set up. let me know if you need any help or anything. also congrats on the new venture. i will be by there often if you can make it happen

Top Bottom