OPEN INGO SHOOT SEPTEMBER 13 @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Hey, Churchmouse, I can understand as well, I am having trouble with this too but I felt fine for shooting. Glaucoma and diabetes are working on the peepers, Seeing my Eye doc this Tuesday to see if it is just temporary or if real damage has been done. <y rule is if I cannot see well enough to drive, I can't see well enough to shoot. That is my rule at least. Get better. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Driving is not an issue but anything down a set of sites at distance is still a bit blurry.

Still wrestling with getting the meds correct.

I was looking forward to this event.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    It was great yesterday. I enjoyed having all of you on sight. You did a FINE JOB cleaning up all day long. You are invited back.

We'll have two INGO events next year. Saturday May 14, 2016 & Sunday September 11th, 2016 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. I'll be using BOTH as South Valley advertisement programs. Both INGO members and anyone else interested will get free access to the South Valley for that ONE DAY.

I'm offering a DEAL to those of you interested in joining ProTEQ. If you join (as an Adult or Adult + Family) by September 30th and If you attended the event or were involved in the discussions (both threads) prior to the event .... I'll WAIVE the SILVER FEE that allows access to the South Valley. You save $20 bucks and you get the best ProTEQ Offers.

The South Valley is evolving into ProTEQ's Premier Range. The 2 year plans are for a Firearms Complex that will host 40+ shooters, under covered shooting lines, on various ranges, over distances from 3 to 500 yards.

Did one of you leave a spotting scope on the rifle bench?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was great yesterday. I enjoyed having all of you on sight. You did a FINE JOB cleaning up all day long. You are invited back.

We'll have two INGO events next year. Saturday May 14, 2016 & Sunday September 11th, 2016 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. I'll be using BOTH as South Valley advertisement programs. Both INGO members and anyone else interested will get free access to the South Valley for that ONE DAY.

I'm offering a DEAL to those of you interested in joining ProTEQ. If you join (as an Adult or Adult + Family) by September 30th and If you attended the event or were involved in the discussions (both threads) prior to the event .... I'll WAIVE the SILVER FEE that allows access to the South Valley. You save $20 bucks and you get the best ProTEQ Offers.

The South Valley is evolving into ProTEQ's Premier Range. The 2 year plans are for a Firearms Complex that will host 40+ shooters, under covered shooting lines, on various ranges, over distances from 3 to 500 yards.

Hi Don! Yes, that would be me... :n00b: You can either hang on to it, or give it to warthog next time you see him.

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Hi DoggyDaddy,

It is here and waiting for you. Let me know how to get it back into your hand. I'm generally NOT in the office. I'm either working on the Range or off site. I'll be harvesting SOON and OFF SITE a lot. It would be best to EMAIL me how we get it back to you. Emails lets me read and respond at some early or late moment. ddb40@hughes.net

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hi DoggyDaddy,

It is here and waiting for you. Let me know how to get it back into your hand. I'm generally NOT in the office. I'm either working on the Range or off site. I'll be harvesting SOON and OFF SITE a lot. It would be best to EMAIL me how we get it back to you. Emails lets me read and respond at some early or late moment. ddb40@hughes.net

Email sent!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Sorry I missed yesterday. Wife ended up having to work the weekend and I was on kid duty. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but my littlest ones having been to the range yet and an event like this isn't one I want them to start with ;) I'll put next years dates on my calendar!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I figured it was something like that Clay. We already have dates for the next shoots so get them marked down folks... maybe in May someone who can shoot will be there to set off my last exploding target.., :): One thing is sure, the size we were shooting didn't make any craters, They went off and were fin to shoot but the YouTube vids showing people blowing stuff into dust must be uning a lot more ANO3 than ours, which is good.

Again, that was a lot of fun. I want to thank all of you who cleaned up too, I think it might be better if I came and laid down then shot for a while so I can make it to clean up next year. Most of the brass seemed to stay on the tarps at least which makes clean up a lot easier. One of my favorite memories is of Hamsa, the little bit, firing the black powder hoglegs. IDK if anyone was at the good anle to see but he had the biggest grin on his face when the first one went off it made me smile. I knew he was hooked from that moment on...

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

I am going to try, HARDER, to make at least ONE of these .....

I just put BOTH dates, in my phone .....

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Awesome offer Don. I'll be taking you on that excellent offer.

I look forward to shooting there again.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    looks like I will have range buddies twice next year. :laugh:

It is a great facility ad is only getting better. It's a fairly central place for much of this side of the state too. I have loved shooting there for 8 years, since I moved to IN. I was pretty happy when I found the place and have stayed that way ever since.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Quick question... Is the deal for access just for the remaining year (thru the end of 2015), or for a full year? (thru sept 2016?)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    [video=youtube;VcsLliquIE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcsLliquIE8[/video]

Was a good time indeed. I needed a good laugh and my shooting at this stuff provided. :):

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    A couple emails have arrived concerning the South Valley discount offer and asking for clarification. The deal is for the remainder of the 2015 (ending 12/31). It allows those taking part to enjoy the South Range without the extra cost generally related to it. The time period Sept to Sept is called Fiscal Year - a 12 month period not ending 12/31. Calendar Year - is the period beginning January 1 and ending December 31. I run all range releases on the Calendar Year basis to simplify my paperwork. No matter when you join in a given year, that year's Range Release always expires on 12/31. The 2015 releases came out in December of 2014 and all those 2015 RR's expire on 12/31/15.

Sorry to disappoint.

ProTEQ's fees related to the offerings have always been a great value. At the end of this remodeling campaign (likely 2017) the West Valley (previously called the Main Range) will stay at the current price point of Adult -$20 (Immediate Family +$10) and offer about 10 remodeled shooting positions on the one common firing line (2 to 4 Pistol, 3 to 4 Rifle, 2 to 4 Shotgun, & 2-Rimfire). The remodeled South Valley will increase to Adult $80 (Immediate Family +$20) and offer over 40 shooting positions across 5 separated firing lines and areas.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thanks Don.

The fees at PROTeq have stayed the same forever. Other ranges have gone up even when nothing new has been done to the place. This increase will only effect you if you want to take advantage of the new facilities in the South Valley, when the ONGO Shoots are held. This is more than fair if you consider how much of his own money is being spent on the valley to make it what it will become. We got a glimpse of it on Sunday and it is going to be something great. I can tell you that I will be one of the many willing to take advantage of the new facilities. Simply put, they are GREAT! The pistol and shotgun areas are stupendous and can be used to pattern, practice you skills or just blast you shotguns. The pistol area is fully covered, rain means nothing under the roof, and the lanes are well done with brass pick up a breeze with the provided brass rollers and magnets. The rifle area will soon be among the longest in the area and can handle whatever you bring to soot (once finished, the berm now will be built up a bit)

Meanwhile the area where it remains $20 gets some improvements as well so if you can't afford the new area, the old one shold still meet all you needs. It just gets a bit more crowded on the weekends. Don has been most gracious to allow all of us to shoot on his land, He is also a great guy to be friends with plus he is helpful. Have questions about why you suck shooting (like me :) Don can tell you. He's just a great guy to talk to too.

I am proud of my association with PROteq by doing the INGO Shoots there. They have been great and always easy to set up and tear down. INGO Floks make a lot of this possible but if Don didn't have such a nice place to do them, they woldn't be as fun.

Top Bottom