• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    to rhino, coach and all the other th readers and carriers nice to know there are others exercising our right to carry open in th. i still carry the letter around with me from chief plasse that was referenced earlier but am glad that i have not had to use it yet. i get some wierd looks at various parts of town but no mwg calls, knock on wood. I would definitely be game for a carry event around terre haute if people would be interested since it seems all the events on here happen so far away, just a thought.

You should scan your letter and post it somewhere so we can make copies!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I open carried in Columbus today on the way home from a match and no one batted an eye. It could be that I am so darm skinny that no one noticed me.:)

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i open carried in B-Dubs in greenwood today and i noticed everyone i walked by got real quiet and stared, the hostess was really nice to me though (i honestly dont see why people act like that, im just another person, but another person that can protect him self and his family and not give them a chance to get in harms way). but the people in gander didnt seem to mind at all

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    It is a sad day in America when we brag about open carry, it just goes through my head over and over " SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" !!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    B-Dubs?
    Not familiar with that one.

buffalo wild wings in the back of gander mountains parking lot in greenwood right there at emerson and county line road.

oh and i also got confronted by a 10yr old kid today in walmart. he came up and stared at me for about 2 minutes and then asked me if i had a license to carry. i got :xmad: and answered yes in a irretated tone and he said "cool" and ran away. the only reason why i said it in an irretated tone was im tired of people thinking either they got to treat me special or fearing me just cause i have a gun. im thinking of getting a shirt made that sais "Yes I have a permit to carry a gun, does that answer your question?" it may sound bitter but hey im a gun owner

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    true... that was the flip side of my thought but i didnt put that down, it could very easily breed trouble.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Carrying a pistol around openly and wearing a smartass T-shirt in public is probably not the best way to portray gun owners in a positive light. Most people, including gun owners, do not open carry. It's uncommon, so you are going to get stares. Especially from kids. Especially in an urban or suburban area where people aren't exposed to guns as much as out in the country.
    But Id just be exercising my constitutional rights nothing wrong with that !:patriot:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    yes you are but remember
    26383966_125x125.jpg

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am going to the CCB here in Indy tomorrow and get my Lifetime Indiana License. My Kentucky License expires soon. Plus I am now a resident of this Great State.

I know I should have done this months ago. I hope I get the License before they even consider not issueing PPPermits here anymore.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Didn't want to open a new thread for this question. And I feel like it's a dumb one, but I've gotten conflicting answers from a few people.

The LTCH covers all carrying, and without one you cannot open carry. Am I correct in this assumption?

I have been told that I need the LTCH for both, and only for CCW. The one who told me the former was the guy who sold me my pistol, the other is an IUPD cop. They're both rather reliable resources, so I'd like to hear from another one.

Also, I am correct in assuming that carrying on the IU campus is illegal, yes?

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Thanks. Like I said, that's what I thought... I think the officer was told differently for himself (due to being an officer) and confused the rules for him with the rules for me. Ah well, no biggy.

Top Bottom