• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't agree with their choice to exercise their natural right to do this however I support their rights to do it.

i however feel anger and shame towards the NRA and their recent spewing against legal acts of citizens with guns. Just another reason NOT to support the NRA. Until they get some leadership without compromise I won't give them a dime

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I don't agree with their choice to exercise their natural right to do this however I support their rights to do it.

i however feel anger and shame towards the NRA and their recent spewing against legal acts of citizens with guns. Just another reason NOT to support the NRA. Until they get some leadership without compromise I won't give them a dime

I couldn't agree more. Glad I'm not the only one.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The "It's a false flag operation perpetrated by the MDA" is, itself a false flag operation.

In the case of Open Carry Texas, the whackjob MDA need do nothing as a 'false flag' operation. OCT does it to itself, LOL!

Yeah, one of the posters is right, let's place blame where blame BELONGS. In these instances, it BELONGS with the OCT.

Sure, OCT, or any other person or small group can stomp their feet and whine, "I HAVE THE RIGHT!" Yeah, well I have MY rights, too. And I (and LOTS of other pro-2A folks) am willing to defend your rights.

Right up UNTIL they stomp on MY rights.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    The "It's a false flag operation perpetrated by the MDA" is, itself a false flag operation.

In the case of Open Carry Texas, the whackjob MDA need do nothing as a 'false flag' operation. OCT does it to itself, LOL!

Yeah, one of the posters is right, let's place blame where blame BELONGS. In these instances, it BELONGS with the OCT.

Sure, OCT, or any other person or small group can stomp their feet and whine, "I HAVE THE RIGHT!" Yeah, well I have MY rights, too. And I (and LOTS of other pro-2A folks) am willing to defend your rights.

Right up UNTIL they stomp on MY rights.

OCT isn't stomping on your rights. You seem to be confused...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    They may not be stomping on my rights, but they're doing a damn fine job of giving ammo to the anti gun folks. If the Taliban and Mujhadeen are the extremists of the Muslim world, OCT could be the extremists of ours.

Precisely my thought: There are extremists on both sides of ANY arguements. Willing to put money that alot of OCT people are birthers, FEMA camp liberators (in their minds), 9/11 conspiracy types, would have gone out to the ranch to defeat the BLM if they hadn't run out of time off from work, and might have an InfoWars sticker on the back of their car.

We keep talking about freedoms and liberties, but fail to recognize that because of less emotionally conservative people or less intelligent people, libertarianism will never work. When the country was founded, it was done by intelligent, educated people and people had to work hard to just live, thus lending to a modicum of intelligence. Call it elitism, but our country would fall apart if the technology and rule of law allowing the foolish and ignorant to breed wholesale, without the natural constraints of Darwinism was not present.

As reasonable as we think we are, alot are not. Our society is naturally paranoid, despite whatever side of the fence we sit on. The left fears us going into rebellion b/c the President cut a fart at a memorial service for vets or something. They are afraid of guns. SHOVING the guns into their lives isn't helpful. Calm discussions of rights is helpful. Screaming one-liner sound bytes that we seem to love, like "a cop is too heavy" or other dreck, while waving a Gadson flag in their face isn't. The OCT is the extremists that are ruining it for the rest of us with their sweaty, neckbeard, ignorant, sound byte spewing methodology of social interaction.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Like it or not, whether some of the people involved are a**hats or not, I can't see what OCT is doing as wrong. We've got the like in our own backyard, look at the guy with an AR-15 mounted to his boat shooting across the Wabash River last week.

But at the same time, OCT lives in a firearms restrictive state. Our normal avenue to protest something or bring focus on our cause is an OC event with handguns. Our CC'ers and apologists for the Republican party likes to denounce these events, trying to shame OC'ers who carry responsibly, legally, and in good manner. OCT has this ability stripped from them. OC of a handgun in Texas is a crime. Their only avenue of approach for this is either a CC event (What are those people over there doing? I don't know, I don't care, I didn't even notice them there.) or an OC Long gun event. At those OC Long gun event, they are denounced as dangerous by some of our own OC Handgunners, CC'ers, and apologists for the Republican party.

Meanwhile, those that are criticizing them while defending their own style of carry is displaying their new carry style, OH. Openly Hypocrite.

If they are carrying legally. Good for them.
    If they are carrying concealed. Good for them.
    If they carry handguns. Good for them.
    If they carry long guns. Good for them.
    If they are actively paying attention to 2A problems. Good for them.
    If they are actively protesting against those that would strip from all of us our constitutional rights. Good for them.

Just like Tea Party and Libertarian groups, there is sometimes that one person in the group that is an outlier and doesn't belong. Whether because they want attention, or are just plain stupid, I hesitate to assign that person's motivations to an entire group. I don't even do that to liberals and the Democratic Party. You police you own group internally, and move on. Meanwhile, they shouldn't expect to be attacked by groups that agree with their objectives in nearly all respects.

I see the ANTI-OCT crowd here the same as the ANTI-OC crowd. The arguments are the same tired line. And they have the same arguments as the ANTI-GUN crowd.

Listen to yourselves and re-read some of what you type here. It's the same BS libtard progressive vomit that flies at the rest of us on a daily basis. WTF are you doing spewing that same crap at someone that if you were talking to, face to face, you would agree with and support?

I swear some of you are acting like troll bait.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Just like Tea Party and Libertarian groups, there is sometimes that one person in the group that is an outlier and doesn't belong. Whether because they want attention, or are just plain stupid, I hesitate to assign that person's motivations to an entire group. I don't even do that to liberals and the Democratic Party. You police you own group internally, and move on.

Listen to yourselves and re-read some of what you type here. It's the same BS libtard progressive vomit that flies at the rest of us on a daily basis.

Hum.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Like it or not, whether some of the people involved are a**hats or not, I can't see what OCT is doing as wrong. We've got the like in our own backyard, look at the guy with an AR-15 mounted to his boat shooting across the Wabash River last week.

But at the same time, OCT lives in a firearms restrictive state. Our normal avenue to protest something or bring focus on our cause is an OC event with handguns. Our CC'ers and apologists for the Republican party likes to denounce these events, trying to shame OC'ers who carry responsibly, legally, and in good manner. OCT has this ability stripped from them. OC of a handgun in Texas is a crime. Their only avenue of approach for this is either a CC event (What are those people over there doing? I don't know, I don't care, I didn't even notice them there.) or an OC Long gun event. At those OC Long gun event, they are denounced as dangerous by some of our own OC Handgunners, CC'ers, and apologists for the Republican party.

Meanwhile, those that are criticizing them while defending their own style of carry is displaying their new carry style, OH. Openly Hypocrite.

If they are carrying legally. Good for them.
    If they are carrying concealed. Good for them.
    If they carry handguns. Good for them.
    If they carry long guns. Good for them.
    If they are actively paying attention to 2A problems. Good for them.
    If they are actively protesting against those that would strip from all of us our constitutional rights. Good for them.

Just like Tea Party and Libertarian groups, there is sometimes that one person in the group that is an outlier and doesn't belong. Whether because they want attention, or are just plain stupid, I hesitate to assign that person's motivations to an entire group. I don't even do that to liberals and the Democratic Party. You police you own group internally, and move on. Meanwhile, they shouldn't expect to be attacked by groups that agree with their objectives in nearly all respects.

I see the ANTI-OCT crowd here the same as the ANTI-OC crowd. The arguments are the same tired line. And they have the same arguments as the ANTI-GUN crowd.

Listen to yourselves and re-read some of what you type here. It's the same BS libtard progressive vomit that flies at the rest of us on a daily basis. WTF are you doing spewing that same crap at someone that if you were talking to, face to face, you would agree with and support?

I swear some of you are acting like troll bait.

Very good post sir, and I especially liked the bolded part

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Will someone please explain to me, because it's clearly beyond my understanding, why they choose to have their "protests" inside privately owned businesses? Is it because that is where they get the most (negative) attention?

I still don't understand why they don't just walk around town, with flyers with information about guns, and talk to people who are interested. How does that not seem more effective in educating people who are on the fence about guns? Moms Demand Action would have a hard time *****ing about some dudes OCing an AR on tax payer paid for streets and sidewalks...

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Will someone please explain to me, because it's clearly beyond my understanding, why they choose to have their "protests" inside privately owned businesses? Is it because that is where they get the most (negative) attention?

I still don't understand why they don't just walk around town, with flyers with information about guns, and talk to people who are interested. How does that not seem more effective in educating people who are on the fence about guns? Moms Demand Action would have a hard time *****ing about some dudes OCing an AR on tax payer paid for streets and sidewalks...

I believe Open Carry Texas is changing their methods of informing people about their mission due to the national attention now focused on them. MDA is resorting to scrolling down OCT's FB newsfeed, lifting out a picture from a walk in March, and by wording it a certain way probably causing quite a few people to think it just happened at Target.

From OCT's Facebook newsfeed:
    #guncontrolextremists are now targeting (pun intended) Target stores by digging into our archives and trying to find anything with which they can to attack us. However, what they WON'T tell you is that this photo was taken back in March, as you can see from the time stamp. They want to appear as if this is some new phenomenon. We have since changed our policy about carrying long arms into business, so this is nothing more than a publicity to beg Bloomberg for more money. After all, they're spending his first $50 million sitting our trolling our Facebook photos.

Last edited:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

How much were you planning to give before they made that statement?

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Sadly open carry will not help in TX until the law changes with regards to where you can carry. A "no gun" sign carries the weight of the law and lots of restrictions regading where you carry. You cannot carry in state parks.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    They don't.

They do.

After the public events, they go eat.

Top Bottom