• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Thank you Mackey. To OC in public is not a smart thing to do. Taun Taun asks "what if it was an older child/person?" A 16 yo is probably strong enough and/or smart enough to knock you down as or before grabbing your gun. Why take the chance by OCing (showing off) a weapon that could be used against you?

I see more people CC than I do OC which means they have it concealed but I still know they have it. Now what? They are still "showing" it off for all the bad guys that mean to do harm.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I see more people CC than I do OC which means they have it concealed but I still know they have it. Now what? They are still "showing" it off for all the bad guys that mean to do harm.

QUIT PEEKING!! :bat:

If I want to shove a gun down the front of my pants so that everyone thinks that I am happy to see them, that's my business!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011

You probably are seeing me. I have a .357 magnum in my front pocket and I know that I am not fooling ANYONE. I don't give a crap about that. My two main concerns are that I can't seem to pay 100% attention 100% of the time. Even Jackie Chan would have a hard time snatching a gun from the bottom of a front pocket. Secondarily, I know that out of sight is out of mind. Soccer mom doesn't REALLY care if I have a gun...... She is insulted and self-righteous that I wouldn't have enough consideration for her irrational fears and pc sensibilities to keep it covered. She just wants to know that SHE is the most important person in the room and is satisfied if I recognize that fact by covering up. I don't have to bow to her wishes if i at least acknowledge to her that her wishes are superior.

I don't exactly conceal-carry as much as I lazy-carry.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Thank you Mackey. To OC in public is not a smart thing to do. Taun Taun asks "what if it was an older child/person?" A 16 yo is probably strong enough and/or smart enough to knock you down as or before grabbing your gun. Why take the chance by OCing (showing off) a weapon that could be used against you?

You may want to read this article before you say that all people open carrying are showing off. I will admit that I used to think that the open carriers were just wanting attention but it was my lack of knowledge. I would suggest that you do a little research on your own.

Open Carry Deters Crime | Debate Club | US News Opinion

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It was sad that the boy took an elbow to the head but with his lack of respect and knowledge of a firearm I would say that the boy, gun owner and other people in McDonalds are safe and alive because he didn't get the gun unholstered.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Children today (not all but far to many) are not taught what respect is for others. No boundary's set by parents that set and watch as they run amok in public places. The inmates are running the asylum.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My Daughter lives in an apartment complex. Her four year old son was throwing a tantrum and screaming at his mom. She tore his butt up and sent him to bed. The upstairs neighbor called the police to report child abuse. The LEO made a visit to my daughter who was already upset and spoke to LEO and explained what was going on. She called me crying after LEO left her apartment. I went over there and explained that LEO was just doing their job and was making sure that the child was ok. I then took my Grandson upstairs to apologize to the neighbor for the noise. The neighbor would not come to the door even though I heard them walking around before I went upstairs.

I did this for two reasons.
    1) Teach my grandson that he has consequences for his actions and to respect people.
    2) My Daughter and Son-in-law has had several visits upstairs at 2:00 am to ask them to turn down the music. My daughter said the next time they had loud music she was going to call the Police. I told her that evil for evil is wrong and that by going up to talk to them it kept the Devil from stirring the vengeance pot.

My Grandson never did it agin and it has been almost a year. I talked to him and told him that I wouldn't take him back to the shooting range with me if he wasn't a big enough boy to respect his mother he wasn't big enough to go to the range. It worked and the little fart is a great shot. He loves to make bullets with Poppy in the basement as well.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    You know what? You're right. I've had 5 year old girls steal my gun and I am attacked by 16 year olds daily. It's a real pain to deal with. I guess I'll CC now.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The pies are Two for a dollar, but they have "Holiday pies" now. These are custard pies with vanilla glaze and sprinkles...... They are HORRIBLE........ Hot, bland custard.......... Yuk. I didn't see pumpkin, so stick with the apple or cherry.

QFT

Those things completely suck worse than socks for Christmas.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Two more for the IGNORE list! I have to get as many as I can for 2013. I'll have to pay the deductible again in 2014.

Top Bottom