• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    From reading the whole story it sounds like the guys lawyer and the D.A. are pretty tight and that the D.A. just wanted the whole thing to disappear, so no charges and end of story. It should just be known that if you even reach for a mans weapon that you will be shot or killed, and I don't care who is doing it!

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    I was listening to Armed American Radio and I thought I heard them talking about a case where a man pulled a shirt over his gun and he was charged with carrying a concealed weapon. Very harassed. So, seems in GA you are damned if you do and damned if you don't OC.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    So, what about if it had been a off-duty police officer, or even an undercover cop, or for that matter a uniformed officer that attempted the same stupid thing? The guy would be dead and the story would be completely different. He would be the bad guy and the "injured cop" would be the hero. See what I say, there are people who are the "special class" off people, and just because of that they can get away with ANYTHING. And no this is not a LEO bash, just stating facts about how the scenario could have changed dramatically all because of the career choice someone made.

INGunGuy

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    So, what about if it had been a off-duty police officer, or even an undercover cop, or for that matter a uniformed officer that attempted the same stupid thing? The guy would be dead and the story would be completely different. He would be the bad guy and the "injured cop" would be the hero. See what I say, there are people who are the "special class" off people, and just because of that they can get away with ANYTHING. And no this is not a LEO bash, just stating facts about how the scenario could have changed dramatically all because of the career choice someone made.

INGunGuy

That's a whole lot of assumption there.

1. Mr. Grabby got KO'd at the opening of the match. Having a badge does not wake you up faster.
    2. An officer would have likely had a better grasp of the law and been less likely to be "Mr. Hero" via the path of "Mr. Grabby".
    3. An officer would have likely TALKED to the guy which would have been the best thing to do all around.
    4. An officer would have used a better technique than the "sneak grab fu" that only ends well on TV. They get training in such things.
    5. An officer might have instead got chatting with the guy about holsters, ammo, guns, etc.

Or, and officer might have not been concerned at all.

Mr. Grabby went to be Mr. Hero and instead he got to be Mr. VanWinkle.

:)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That's a whole lot of assumption there.

1. Mr. Grabby got KO'd at the opening of the match. Having a badge does not wake you up faster.
    2. An officer would have likely had a better grasp of the law and been less likely to be "Mr. Hero" via the path of "Mr. Grabby".
    3. An officer would have likely TALKED to the guy which would have been the best thing to do all around.
    4. An officer would have used a better technique than the "sneak grab fu" that only ends well on TV. They get training in such things.
    5. An officer might have instead got chatting with the guy about holsters, ammo, guns, etc.

Or, and officer might have not been concerned at all.

Mr. Grabby went to be Mr. Hero and instead he got to be Mr. VanWinkle.

:)

I agree with most of you points.

However #2 differs a lot from reality. I have had to sit on the curb handcuffed in 2 cities in Indiana because the officers were not familiar with our states codes... ;)

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Here's a question (probably best answered by Kirk, but hey, anybody can take a stab)

Where does an attempted gun grab fall in the general "Level of Force" thing? I'd think that a guy trying to grab my gun intends to use it against me - how justified am I in shooting?

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I agree with most of you points.

However #2 differs a lot from reality. I have had to sit on the curb handcuffed in 2 cities in Indiana because the officers were not familiar with our states codes... ;)
    How did the police go about it? did they sneak up behind you and try to yank it out of your holster? I bet you were confronted first. That's the difference.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    How did the police go about it? did they sneak up behind you and try to yank it out of your holster? I bet you were confronted first. That's the difference.
    That's a fool's bet. It would be nice to give cops the benefit of the doubt, but experience does not convince me to do so. My brother got jumped from behind by 2 cops in Michigan for nothing more than shopping with his daughter while legally open carrying (he's a michigan resident with a michigan CPL which is not even required for legal OC).

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Actually the whole reason I was pulled over was because I had my CAR-15 in the rack on the back window of the truck... You know those evil black Military and LEA guns... ;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Actually yes that was the whole reason for the stop. Because only cops and the Army are allowed to have Mil grade hardware. Even got the firm talk of how I am going to rot in jail for it. At least until their Supervisors showed on seen... Then I was sent on my merry little ways.

Got to love Lafeyette and Purdue cops...

At least a couple of the ones that were there 3-5 years ago...

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    That's a fool's bet. It would be nice to give cops the benefit of the doubt, but experience does not convince me to do so. My brother got jumped from behind by 2 cops in Michigan for nothing more than shopping with his daughter while legally open carrying (he's a michigan resident with a michigan CPL which is not even required for legal OC).
    So cops should go around tackling everyone with a visible gun, regardless?

Top Bottom