• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    THAT'S IT!
    I'm taping my pistols to my forehead. All this time, hardly anyone notices my OC, yet seem to notice everyone elses. (Sarcasm). Though I'm thinking most OCers don't have police coming after them, or citizens running scared.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ........ There is also a remote chance some punk will decide he wants to try and grab it (yes, remote chance). ........

These punks are the worst!!!'

4316299-portrait-of-a-sweet-5-years-old-girl.jpg

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    You know, most of what both sides say, hold alittle water. The problem is, there are too many people who dont see the other side. Theres potential good and bad in everything you do. Including the method you chose to carry your firearm.

Just ****ing Carry.... and dont be selfish about it.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Oh yea, its back! CC all the way:rockwoot:

I CC a rather nonlethal gun everyday, and OC a lethal one! Just carry folks, whichever way is best for you.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Johnny Danger here. I CC because I want to surprise the bad guy, I don't want to be first shot when a place gets robbed, have my gat snatched by a 5 year old girl, have the cops called on me all the time, scare all the people within a 100 yard radius, have to show my Larry and be illegally detained.

Did I miss anything?

danbailey24

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Rochester
    I find it interesting that so many people feel the need to convince others that they are right...This is obviously an issue that is open to personal preference. It is interesting to me how so many people are not OK with others having a different preference than their own.

The issue of an external gun safety has proven to be another one of those issues. As I first started, people responded to my questions about safeties as though I was inferior because I wanted an external safety. Each side has its pros and cons...No right or wrong answer. The fact that people get so ANGRY with others who show different opinions is EXACTLY why I got my first gun. So much anger...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I find it interesting that so many people feel the need to convince others that they are right...This is obviously an issue that is open to personal preference. It is interesting to me how so many people are not OK with others having a different preference than their own.

The issue of an external gun safety has proven to be another one of those issues. As I first started, people responded to my questions about safeties as though I was inferior because I wanted an external safety. Each side has its pros and cons...No right or wrong answer. The fact that people get so ANGRY with others who show different opinions is EXACTLY why I got my first gun. So much anger...

This sounds a little psychotic.

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I carry for personal protection not to make a statement. It is good to be in a state that permits open carry (assuming you have a license to carry). That way you don't need to worry about having the handgun print. In the past I only "open carry" as part of my work while on duty. I think that some of the readers equate it with being macho or something. Until you have to actually use a firearm this is useless talk. Shooting paper is much different that facing another who may be firing at you. If you think the sight of your handgun will deter a criminal, I would not want to be in your place at that time. Carry concealed and practice. Develop confidence in your skills because overconfidence will get you seriously injured.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    To all the newer posters, welcome.

Now, there is a serious thread in the stickies at the top of the carry forum. Many of the older members are being very sarcastic and having some fun with you.

B
    Please keep in mind that you are new and admit it, but then follow it up with your seemingly strongly held opinion. Some even state that they are here to learn, but continue to hold that they are right.

You will not get far in this manner. Give a little deference to those who have been members and gun owners for many years.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I like having fun. :):

...Shooting paper is much different that facing another who may be firing at you.

What does that have to do with whether you cover your gun or not?

If you think the sight of your handgun will deter a criminal, I would not want to be in your place at that time.

The sight of a handgun does deter most criminals. Are you suggesting that simply knowing this fact is somehow detrimental?

Carry concealed and practice.

No thanks and of course.

Develop confidence in your skills because overconfidence will get you seriously injured.

Not necessarily. Many people are confident in the skills they do possess yet have no idea the skills they are missing completely.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    It is good to be in a state that permits open carry (assuming you have a license to carry).

Why your insistance upon licensure?

Indiana does provide exception which is what I chose. I do not have a license. I do open carry most of the time. Even, for me, when I "conceal carry" unless it's a shoulder rig, I'm partially open because with a sports coat on I have 3-4 inches of barrel coming below the coatline for all to see.

Im for open carry myself, in most of the situations I find myself in, and am against turning a "Natural Right" into a "Regulated Privilage". I carry a cap and ball because of that, and probably will until Indiana get "Constitutional Carry" and the full option of our Rights are restored.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Cheese and crackers. Charged into a house break-in with a cocked percussion Colt before I could vote. Now I'd be put in jail. You go beg (oh please your lordship) for permission to carry if you want to. Sorry if I offend but this whole concealed carry thing just makes my liver quiver.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Cheese and crackers. Charged into a house break-in with a cocked percussion Colt before I could vote. Now I'd be put in jail. You go beg (oh please your lordship) for permission to carry if you want to. Sorry if I offend but this whole concealed carry thing just makes my liver quiver.

Wild Turkey used to do that to me before I practiced and got good at it.

Top Bottom