• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    First of all, what exactly is your point? It sounds like you are trying to compare OCers to PDA between homosexual partners to me. Anyone putting "Just Sayin" at the end of a snide post is a pet peeve of mine.

I was making the comparison. IMO it is about discretion. Time and place for everything.........Just Sayin :)

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    So, you are saying when Frosty smacked me in the back of the leg with his 45 he was OC'ing that it was in bad form?

No, not then. It was probably when you fell down as a result of that and he pointed his 45 at you and said, "GIVE ME YOUR COOKIES YOU LITTLE ^#£%+!"

He really shouldn't have called you a ^#£%+ or tried to take your cookies. That was rude and is what was in bad form.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Not suggesting that we forgo a right. Just suggesting discretion when in mixed company. If my behavior is offensive or disturbing to my neighbor, I beleive I should be respectful. I know we don't all agree, Just my opinion.

I don't comprehend the link between offensive or disturbing behavior and OC. Especially coming from another gun owner. Why are some people so self conscience about their weapons that they think they scare people if they see them? Does it give them some sort of jollies to pretend like they can scare people on command sort of like the hero complex of the "element of surprise" crowd.

Just my opinion ;)

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Probably smart to go home and call Guy...I mean, you wouldn't want to take the chance of having to deal with an angry Erik Estrada :laugh:

Just don't call him Emilio...

header_18306.jpg

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Not suggesting that we forgo a right. Just suggesting discretion when in mixed company. If my behavior is offensive or disturbing to my neighbor, I beleive I should be respectful. I know we don't all agree, Just my opinion.

I understand. It is your right to use discretion to change your behavior if you feel it offends others. However, I don't think that someone should be denied one civil right because of showing another. Also, you mentioned Dave being the only adult in the conversation, but then equate gay rights with gun rights. You suggest that domestic partners should not kiss in public and that people who carry guns should hide them. Both of these are a lifestyle of that individual and while you may not like it, you can't stop them from voting because of it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are offended that someone would carry a gun (concealed or openly) to a voting booth and would like to have that person removed because it offends them. Just like I'm sure there are people who would be offended at the sight of a gay couple kissing at a voting booth and would like to see them removed. Like I said, you may not like it, but I think civil liberties trump feelings.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Rosa Parks should have been more "respectful" in "mixed company" eh?

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well stated. +1 to the adult in the room :).

I've been here for 2.5 years and I've yet to find an adult in the room. I think you're lying.

Also, I am a happily married heterosexual man but if I saw two dudes making out, I admit (sorry if this offends some here) it would make me feel uncomfortable. But I wouldn't yell at them or try and make it illegal, I would stop looking.

Personally, I think it is childish for you to bring that up. So much for being an adult.
    The whole train wreck phenomenon wouldn't keep you looking? You sure? ;)

Hey, HEY, HEY! Watch what demographic you're trying to foist the cowardly onto.

No kidding! :laugh:

If it's disrespectful to OC because some people don't like firearms, is it also disrespectful to wear my hair short because some people don't like chicks with short hair, or to drive my 350 because some people don't like non-electric cars, or to wear jeans because some people don't like women wearing pants?

I understand if you're waltzing into someone's home. But out in public? That's not respect. That's serfdom.

I was making the comparison. IMO it is about discretion. Time and place for everything.........Just Sayin :)
    All the time everywhere. Glad you're finally on board.

Top Bottom