Status
    Not open for further replies.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    You start your car several times a day on the average; you most likely will go your entire life and never pull your gun. :dunno:

Thats not what I said but if that is your opinion you don't have to carry.

I understand that, but I was pointing out the naivete of your statement. To carry a gun and expect to never need it -to not even plan for its use- is beyond naive. It's dangerous, to say the least, and invites disaster.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I understand that, but I was pointing out the naivete of your statement. To carry a gun and expect to never need it -to not even plan for its use- is beyond naive. It's dangerous, to say the least, and invites disaster.

Thats me, Mr. Naive. Thanks for your guidance. :rolleyes:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I remember my older friend and cousin (both were AP) telling me that when they were on duty in the Air Force they were forced to carry condition 3 with their 1911. They said that they learned how to chamber a round using the front sight against the flappy holster mouth during the draw.
    :dunno:
    Also the spetsnez supposedly used that funky holster design and carry empty chamber and drawing the gun by pushing down chambers the round. For those that really are serious about it maybe that rig and gun would be the answer.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I remember my older friend and cousin (both were AP) telling me that when they were on duty in the Air Force they were forced to carry condition 3 with their 1911. They said that they learned how to chamber a round using the front sight against the flappy holster mouth during the draw.
    Also the spetsnez supposedly used that funky holster design and carry empty chamber and drawing the gun by pushing down chambers the round. For those that really are serious about it maybe that rig and gun would be the answer.

Is that the definition of Israeli draw? Or is that technically something else?

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I carry a CZ-75, the safety won't go "on" until the hammer is cocked so I carry it with one in the chamber, no safety and the hammer down, but it gives me a little more trigger pull when the adrenaline starts pumping. I never really saw a point to carrying without one in the chamber.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Oh, look, another reply without any substance.

What a thought-provoking, well-reasoned response.

:wallbash:

Pot, Kettle - Teacup!

lol

Annie not sure on the Israeli draw.

I can say that racking the slide everytime you draw works in Hollywood. Lmao

C

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

I was thinking about that Spetsnaz holster too!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5H2GYOhKtM"]YouTube - Russian Makarov Pistol Holster - EFA-2[/ame]

Apparently they have a "push/pull" version too. You push down to rack the slide, then pull up to disengage the gun from the holster.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

No it's not. It's common sense. It's statistically obvious.

Half the population at the very least doesn't even carry a gun. If even half of the half that do actually ever need it then 75% of the population never needed to draw their gun for protection.

Paranoia and propaganda are dangerous when mixed.

Sthunter987

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Southern Johnson County
    Is there really a choose? If it's not in the chamber, then why carry it. It takes another 1.5 seconds to pull the slide and be ready for action. In the same amount of time, your already dead. Think about it.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    I was thinking about that Spetsnaz holster too!

YouTube - Russian Makarov Pistol Holster - EFA-2

Apparently they have a "push/pull" version too. You push down to rack the slide, then pull up to disengage the gun from the holster.

i actually find this very cool for some reason. not that i'm willing to change my carry style but its quite interesting. i wouldn't mind having one but would obviously make you OC and some wouldn't be comfortable with that either.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Although the holster is theoretically nice, I find it easier to carry one chambered. Also, with that holster I would probably shoot myself in the leg!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    No it's not. It's common sense. It's statistically obvious.

Half the population at the very least doesn't even carry a gun. If even half of the half that do actually ever need it then 75% of the population never needed to draw their gun for protection.

Paranoia and propaganda are dangerous when mixed.

Where did you get those statistics?? Are you just guessing? at least make an effort if you're going to try to argue something.

SNAFU-M1A

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Morgan Co
    There is a law enforcement/firefighters training center in Indy. They don't allow weapons to be carried because of liability because someone, 99% likely to have been a "trained" police officer, negligently caused the firing of a bullet through the ceiling of the men's restroom at this facility. I don't say he fired it, as I don't know if he pulled the trigger, or if he was so lax in his handling of his gun, he dropped it and it fired. This should _never_ happen. The only way I would give someone as pass is if at the same time they were removing their weapon, they suffered a medical condition...then that is at least somewhat understandable.

If your talking about the training academy at 10th/Post they don't allow weapons because it's a city/govt building & it also houses traffic court. The exception is law enforcement. I'm there several time a year for training & I always carry as well as most of the other officers there. I've never heard of there being a ND there.

To answer the OP's question I always carry w/ one in the chamber. It's how I was trained & it's 2nd nature to me. I understand why some people choose not to & don't have a problem w/ it, at least they are carrying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom