Status
    Not open for further replies.

MoTown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    West Lafayette
    I don't carry currently, but if/when I do in the future, I wouldn't see a problem with carrying with one chambered as long as it's in a solid holster that covers the trigger well.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Has anyone taken any FOF classes with an empty chamber? I am thinking that would change your opinion quickly.

Shay, comment?

Stupid ideas seem to melt away quickly when you test them in Force on Force. Over the years I have changed a few minds about carrying chamber empty.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Stupid ideas seem to melt away quickly when you test them in Force on Force. Over the years I have changed a few minds about carrying chamber empty.

Boy, do they ever. Luckily, the chamber issue wasn't one of them. There were too many others to be tested and learned.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm comfortable with carrying cocked, and locked. Had to get used to it in the service. Of course we carried the 92FS decocked. That's why I like the Xd's. Even with a good holster, there is still a small chance of the trigger getting snagged. With the grip safety, it makes things safer. Now with a weapon like the 92. Decocked is good, because it takes more pressure to engage the trigger.

D.Kupp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    wife doesnt like the idea of one in the chamber so thats why i dont carry with one in it... however when i'm w/o her, there is one in the chamber

No offense but your wife shouldn't be making this decision for you- a stupid decision at that.

Does she inspect your firearm?

:dunno:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    wife doesnt like the idea of one in the chamber so thats why i dont carry with one in it... however when i'm w/o her, there is one in the chamber

No offense but your wife shouldn't be making this decision for you- a stupid decision at that.

Does she inspect your firearm?

:dunno:

In reality guys..... some of us are not good at all at lying to our significant others....

Along those lines though MY wife calls me her great protector! and she makes sure that I am trained, practiced, and ready to come to her rescue.

I love my wife!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

My wife didn't either. So, I did a little roleplay with her. I told her to be the "bad guy" trying to rob me. I told her to pretend she had a knife in one hand, and to grab my left arm and demand my wallet.

Then I said:

"Now, what good is my gun?"

She said "Your right hand is free"

I said: "How do I rack the slide?"

I carry with one in the chamber now, with her blessing.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    ^ Shouldnt have took all that to convince her.

Considering you don't know me, or her history with guns, frankly Sir, you are speaking out of your a$$.

Not that it is any of your business, but to show you that you have no idea of which you speak...My wife was abused in a previous marriage, and even had a gun held to her head and the trigger pulled on an empty chamber. This is just one example of how guns were used to intimidate and frighten her. Guns are a "trigger" to her(no pun intended) and can set off panic attacks.

We are working slowly, a step at a time, to help her overcome her past, and she is making wonderful progress with the help of understanding friends, and INGO Members(ones that don't assume they are always right, I might add)

Maybe next time you will think before you speak....but I doubt it.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    In this "its all about me" society is is refreshing to read posts from guys who respect the feelings of their spouses. High fives to you guys.

birdhunter55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Clarksburg, Indiana
    Personally, I have the clip loaded, but none in the chamber. If I am carrying a revolver, I have the hammer over an open cylinder. If it is one of my automatics, the clip is loaded, but chamber is empty. I figure if I have a need to use it, there should be time to rack one into the chamber. If not, then my bad!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    In this "its all about me" society is is refreshing to read posts from guys who respect the feelings of their spouses. High fives to you guys.

Thank you Sir.

As I heard a comedian say: Happy wife, happy life.

Not to mention: Would you rather be right, or happy?

Sums it up eh?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Personally, I have the clip loaded, but none in the chamber. If I am carrying a revolver, I have the hammer over an open cylinder. If it is one of my automatics, the clip is loaded, but chamber is empty. I figure if I have a need to use it, there should be time to rack one into the chamber. If not, then my bad!

Welcome to INGO!
    Allow me to share something with you, before you get picked on :D
    clipmag1.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Now i see you are heated because i spoke my mind. Its not my fault your spouse controlled that if u carried with one in the pipe. Nor is it my fault that she has a troubled past. Someone elses past shouldnt dictate your future. And it can without one in the pipe bub. :twocents:

You can see how in this world it doesnt take much to figure out how full of :poop: people are. Just one sentance set you off..

Now get off the pc and go help her with her panic attack.

(offensive gif removed--BoR)

Nice GIF, your mother must be so proud.

I assume that is how you would tell your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend you were going to do whatever the heck you wanted, to hell with their feelings right?

Grow up lil man.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom