• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    I really have no idea. I've actually not heard anything about any gun shops outside of my area. maybe its just that I don't pay attention

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No brainer here. Whitakers in owensburg, ky. Any given day they have 6000+ guns in stock + some of the cheapest prices I've ever seen. They got a website too check 'em out.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Whittaker's

Whittaker's, widely known as The Temple of Gun Lust, barely fits the criteria of "within a 4 hour drive of Indy" but I'd stretch the envelope to go there anyway. It's actually in the booming metropolis of West Louisville, KY which is just southwest of Owensboro.
    Whittaker Guns

Amen on the Moonlite Bar-B-Q. We now say we're going to the Moonlite and while we're in the area we might as well go by Whittaker's.:rockwoot:
    Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn - Owensboro Barbecue Restaurant, BBQ Online Store Featuring Country Ham, Mutton, Burgoo, BBQ Ribs and More

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Long guns -Whitakers
    Handguns- Plainfield shooting supplies for price or Ludco for selection. That is assuming you want to walk out with it the same day

Been to Moonlight. It's famous, just not for me. Try the Gasthoff in Montgomery or the Dutchman in Shipshewanna. Sposed to be a great chicken place overlooking the river just west of Jeffersonville. There's always Claudia Sanders dinner house if going to Bud's.

roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    Ranger supply??? Seriously??? You need to get out more. I have been to gas stations that have more in stock than they do. I bet I know 3 guns that you own. Walther P22, FNP9, and an AR15. I have been there 3 times and have heard them tell people that those are the 3 best guns made. Ask them about something other than those 3 and they will get downright sh&%%y with you. I'm not trying to be a jerk here because it is just oppinions but to even mention them I think that you must have a financial interest or be a relitive of those guys.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I would have to go with TSG guns. Ive heard they have the absolute coolest people working in there and the owner and his wife are only a little less cool than Brad and Angelina but twice as good looking. :thumbsup:

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    I would have to go with TSG guns. Ive heard they have the absolute coolest people working in there and the owner and his wife are only a little less cool than Brad and Angelina but twice as good looking. :thumbsup:

:D I heard the owner has a sense of humor. ;)
    I heard the owners wife is better looking than he is. :):
    I need to look up that place sometime when I am in Indy.
    rep for the laugh.

deanr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Kendallville, Indiana
    Ranger supply??? Seriously??? You need to get out more. I have been to gas stations that have more in stock than they do. I bet I know 3 guns that you own. Walther P22, FNP9, and an AR15. I have been there 3 times and have heard them tell people that those are the 3 best guns made. Ask them about something other than those 3 and they will get downright sh&%%y with you. I'm not trying to be a jerk here because it is just oppinions but to even mention them I think that you must have a financial interest or be a relitive of those guys.

I say Ranger Supply because whenever I have been in there I have received better service than any other place I have been. Yes there in store stock is small, which if you had read my previous post I even said that. Of the 3 guns you mention I only own 1, the AR that I am currrently building. I have asked them about other guns. I do not have a financial interest nor am I a relitive.

One of my co-workers is having them order a XDM for him. Ranger was able to beat everyone else in Ft. Wayne on the price.

For me, since I work in customer service, service is improtant. As I said in my previous post their in store selection is small, but they seem willing to order what ever you may want. Yes they are more geared toward tatical rifles, but I have never had them "force" anything on me.

Top Bottom