• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    West Lafayette police dept. is now classifying this as an "unintentional shooting", as opposed to an "accidental shooting".
    It may be just semantics, but I believe the distinction is important.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I heard on the radio this morning that the kid that shot him was from Carmel.

Acc'd to the Star and Channel 6, the kid that was shot was from Ft. Wayne, and was not a Purdue student. The kid who did the shooting is a graduate from Carmel High (why that fact was reported, I have no idea), and is a junior at Purdue.

Anyway, this story just makes me sick. I've got a son at Purdue, and he's got the sense to make tracks if someone's horsing around with a gun. However, it looks like the victim was "ambushed" and didn't have a chance.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    ...and of course, someone on the JCOnline comments page has now chimed in about the "Concealed Carry on Campus nuts." Something tells me that CCC members know -- and follow -- the Four Big Rules. (On that note, did these guys violate all four, or just the first three?)

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    If anyone gets information as to if any of those involved were LTC holders, please post. While I support the right of all citizens to posses and carry a weapon, this does call into question the lack of a training requirement in order to obtain a LTC. Unfortionantly, many schools are droping shooting teams and other forms of firearms training due to budget cuts and political correctness. Education is key here. The NRA's Eddie Eagle program should be required in every school. May not prevent every unintentional shooting but it can't hurt either. I would bet that the two who thought up this "joke" had never had any training and were not dedicated to the shooting sports. They had a gun because they thought it was "cool" and their training came form Hollywood.

Top Bottom