• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    I don't have much to say about the one buck rule. I would like to see Indiana lower the price of antlerless tags though. That would help with population control. Maybe offer two for one deal.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    the only issue i have with it is, I need to thin the number of bucks i have in my woods..
    once I take one & wife takes one, we need other hunters to take bucks only.. but the season maybe to short..
    But landowners in urban archery zones are allowed to harvest 2 each...

You wouldn't have to twist my arm TOO hard to get me out there.

TheBigTim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don’t want to get all “Ted Nugent” on everyone but if it does not have to do with safety or perseveration of the species (heard management) then what the hell is the DNR doing regulating it?
    I would be all for a 1 buck with a firearm and 1 buck with a bow rule to lengthen my season if I get lucky early. Although if this fall is anything like last year a 0 buck rule would have been just fine. But that’s why they call it hunting instead of just killing.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Indiana really doesn't have a true One Buck Rule. If it did they would not allow anyone to take a second buck anywhere. As it is now one can take a buck statewide as many as 8 more in "special hunts". I find it hypocritical that some of the OBR proponents do back flips to get a chance to kill another buck or three on "special hunts". As if those deer are not part of the Indiana deer herd too. My best guess is these folks want to preserve that OBR in their area to keep others from killing a buck that they might get but have absolutely no qualms about killing more bucks in other areas and take away another person's chance at a buck. There are tons of hunters that have property around these "special hunt" areas that are limited to one buck and are negatively impacted by the OBR proponents filling his second, third and fourth buck tag close to him.

If we are going to do the OBR, lets go Full Monty and make it for the entire state. If a hunter takes a buck on a special hunt that is his/her one and only buck. That is the way the state does the special draw turkey hunts. There is no second gobbler for a special hunt.

Top Bottom