• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ride22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Once the credit card bill shows up and the wives start *****in' then you'll see a ton in the classifieds.

Most people live week to week, paycheck to paycheck.

You have it nailed there. However, a majority of those people will probably pawn them or sell it for a quick buck to someone they know.

IndyTacoma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Avon
    Looks like it might be starting to break. Just came from Elmores and they had a off brand m4 profile for 900 and another one don't remember brand for 1200. On the other hand the consignment ones were insane still. One that stood out was a Stag for $3000

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I just hope people with no cash on hand aren't charging $1500 to their credit cards.

Guns are cool, AR's are fun, but it's not worth going into 7+ months of debt for.

:twocents:

If someone can't afford to pay more than $200/month on a $1500. CC charge they shouldn't even be buying an AR, or have a CC for that matter.
    :dunno:

IndyS3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Fishers
    Oh, and should I return to stock (remove quad rail, 6 position collapsible buttstock, and carry handle picatinny before selling?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    all we can do is take a gamble:dunno: if the ban goes thur & you didn't buy, you'll be sorry you didn't pay $1,300 for an AR-15, but if there is N O ban & you paid $1,300 for the ar-15 & they drop back down to $820 you'll be :xmad:

Good point. It is all about your risk aversion. This fall I decided to buy an upper tier AR, but was going to wait until the spring. That proved to not be the brightest idea. It sucks and I might need to wait much longer, but I cannot bring myself to spend extra $1,000 than I would have before all this nonsense.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    My search for a Colt continues. In the LGS yesterday and they're quoting me $2500 - $3k for an LE6720, if they can even find it. Which is ridiculous considering if you look around you can find them on gunbroker for $2000 - $2200.

If anyone has a line on any Colts I'd love to hear it. Been scouting all over and the search continues...

Thanks all! Really enjoying this forum so far.

Two-Tornadoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Where everybody knows my name
    I think if you give it another month the hysteria will be gone. Everyones attention will be back on football and who is going to win the super bowl. After that people will be looking to recoup some of there money and will be looking to sell for less then what they paid. Just have cash on stand by and be ready to jump when you see a good deal.

Everyone please remember, the anti-gun groups will not give up trying to take away our 2A rights.

superdave_611

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    A buddy of mine works at Dunhams Sports in Bedford. They have actually gotten in about 4 AR's in each of the last 2 weekly shipments. He said the same dude was waiting at the front door at opening on both days and bought all 8 as they came off the trucks. Must be nice to have that kind of money, and not have to be at work at 10 in the morning.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I'm hoping that once this whole panic blows over the market will get saturated as people sell off their excess and prices will readjust accordingly.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    My brother was looking at a Bushmaster AR at our LGS... they wanted $1600 for it, about twice what it should be. This was late December, and he had called me to ask if it was a good deal. I let him know they were gouging, and that more than likely in March/April a lot of people who panicked will be selling to make the car or mortgage payment. Now having said that, I also let him know that it was totally his decision, and if he wanted it, to get it.

I also let him know that I have a couple of extra lowers in case things go south with legislation... [;o)

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    There are a few guns I would like to buy one is a Colt AR. It won't be a tragic event if that never happens. I have a lot of wants LOL. My wife said at age 70 I managed to age physically but skipped the mental part. Men never outgrown their constant hunt for toys.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I'm wondering if the manufacturers' response to the high demand( producing more rifles) is gonna cause the price to go down below where it was before it all went nuts. Maybe get a good rifle for $600 and a entry level one for $450.
    There's only so much money chasing product, it has to settle down at some point.

brrytrry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    I wonder if quality is going to suffer as firearms manufactures frantically try to keep up pace.

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    It is very possible that this bubble could break and hopefully it does but if it doesnt it will be very hard to find one let alone afford one. I bought mine at just the right time before everyone started getting scared and i would have bought one years ago if i was old enough and could have afforded one. if the bubble doesnt break though or even worse they try to confiscate so called "assault rifles"(in reality modern day sporting rifle) then you wont be able to get your hands on one very easy

Top Bottom