Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    From the Aron,

There are 15 walk on slots available on Friday
    there are 6 walk on slots available on Sunday

print your entry form, pay at door (includes late fee)
    you will want to get there early if you plan on doing this (might want to send an email as well)

schedule of events
    July 18th
    Range Closed to Staff Shoot
    Registration Open after 2:00pm

July 19th
    Registration Open from 7am-6pm
    Shooters Meeting 7:45am @ Club house
    Shooters report to their first stage, match begins at 8:00am
    Lunch scheduled from 11:45—12:30
    12:15 Shooters Meeting for Afternoon Squads @club house
    12:30 starts afternoon shooting

July 20th
    Registration Open from 7am-6pm
    Shooters report to their first stage, match begins at 8:00am
    12:15 Shooters Meeting for Afternoon Squads @club house
    12:30 starts afternoon shooting

July 21st
    Registration open at 7am
    Shooters report to their first stage match begins at 8:00am

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to Gary, Mike, Adam, Craig, Byron, Steve, Burl, Jeff, Mike, Kevin, Trent and David and Jan for all of the help over the weekend and/or today on the range. We had a long hot day today but we got quite a bit done. If tomorrow goes as well as today did we will be in very good shape. I am sure folks are wondering how the stages are shaping up.

Bay 1 is halfway built and the low port has been installed. Bring your knee pads or practice going prone.

Stage 2 has not been started except to throw some of the materials into the bay. Stage 2 or a version of it has been shot at South Central and Effingham and who knows where else. This one has a good chance to look like the picture except that we are getting low on walls and braces. We may have to get creative here for materials.

Stage 3 looks 98% like the picture. We turned the middle ports on an angle in order to make the 180 less of a problem. Push open ports and six required positions, but I think you can get a flow going.

Stage 4 looks like the picture but I think it will have some tricks to it. I plan to spend some time there tomorrow or Wednesday on target placement. Options will abound.

Stage 5 is not much like the picture at all. A popper activates the one port, there is a hand rail, and Texas Star, and the shooting area will have the same shape. That is where the similarity ends. I have not gotten to target placement yet. Should be more to report tomorrow.

Stage 6 looks like the picture. The port will not be push open. This will be a fast stage, and different than the version we saw at Effingham. Theirs was good and so is this one.

Stage 7 will look like the picture, but we ran out of barrels and we have to add some walls tomorrow. Plenty more to do down there. No target placement has begun.

Stage 8 looks similar to the picture. No barrels, target slightly different.

Stage 9 resembles the picture some. Looked at the picture but changed some things to get inside the berm for the sake of safety. It will be a very high hit factor that wins this stage. It will be full of hosing with just enough no shoots to separate the men from the boys. If this stage is not fun for you then you are in the wrong sport.

Stage 10, Just go ahead and line the bird cage with the picture. I think this stage will be the most fun in a group of fun stages. Bring insect spray. The mosquitos in the woods are man-eaters. I had to strap Royce to my belt to keep them from carrying him away.

That is all for now. Headed to Outback to see if Jake was really the problem that time in Clarksville.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Add anti aircraft gun to take care of mosquitos. I think the packing list is now complete.

Really looking forward to this match. Need to look at how I plan my vacations. Missed the boat on this one.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Thanks to Gary, Mike, Adam, Craig, Byron, Steve, Burl, Jeff, Mike, Kevin, Trent and David and Jan for all of the help over the weekend and/or today on the range. We had a long hot day today but we got quite a bit done. If tomorrow goes as well as today did we will be in very good shape. I am sure folks are wondering how the stages are shaping up.

I take it you didn't get to Lowes on time?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What's the final entry count and division/class breakdown looking like?

Picked up four more shooters today and we are taking walk on shooters on Friday and some Saturday Sunday. It will be awhile before we know. I will ask Marc to send out the latest report.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    All the stages are roughed into place. Potties and dumpster and moving billboard arrive tomorrow. I plan to spend most of the day bullet proofing the stages and adding the finishing touches, and working out what the final start positions are going to be. The start positions will be quite a bit different from the original stage diagrams. There are no stupid human tricks but hands on marks rather than hands at sides. A few stages will have a choice of two starting positions. There will be room for gamers with most every stage, and as true to form for this match over the years we are going to let you game.

Stages 1,2,8,9 are pretty straight forward and there is only one viable way to shoot them. Any thing that might get labeled an option is the order of engagement of an array. This is not to say they will not be fun but you will not spend time there figuring out what to do.

Stage 3 has several viable options to shoot it, but they will all look similar.

Stage 4 will have options, and it is hard to say right now which was is the best. It will depend on where the start positions end up and we have some shoot through issues and steel issues to solve tomorrow. It will be a good stage but a technical one. Lots of required positions. There could be an FTE or two awarded on this stage.

Stage 5 I will be honest I am not happy with how this stage turned out, and I have one change in mind for tomorrow and will spend at least an hour on this one tomorrow. I want there to be more viable options on how to shoot this stage, and not have 180 traps. I plan to enhance this stage tomorrow significantly.

Stage 6 Looks like the picture and is not complicated, but the plates and the simplicity will get a few people.

Stage 7 You have many viable options here. I don't think there are many stages like this out there.

Stage 8 It is what it is.

Stage 9 Straight forward but it will be a high hit factor. There will be no shoots looming that will claim a few victims.

Stage 10 Is pretty straight forward but there are some options to how you engage the targets. There are three required positions and there will not be much standing still for this one. The atmosphere is rather unique. I am looking forward to shooting this one the most.

I am bias of course but I don't think anyone who shoots this will walk away disappointed. I think everyone will be challenged. However, there is nothing super human required here. If there is a criticism it is a lack of distance and perhaps a lack of steel, but range limitation were a part of this.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    All the stages are roughed into place.
    I don't think anyone who shoots this will walk away disappointed. I think everyone will be challenged.

:yesway:

Cool! Thanks for the hard work! Looking forward to it.

Getting all ready for the drive down... guns are cleaned, and ... :laugh: who'm I kidding... clean guns? I crack my self up!

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Hi, is there a regular uspsa shoot on Sunday considering there's an event? Was planning on going.

Depends what club you are asking about. Not at Wabash since the IN Section match is happening there. Other clubs may be holding their regular Sunday matches (eg Fort Wayne is having its regular 3rd-Sunday match)...

-rvb

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Depends what club you are asking about. Not at Wabash since the IN Section match is happening there. Other clubs may be holding their regular Sunday matches (eg Fort Wayne is having its regular 3rd-Sunday match)...

-rvb

Yea... That should be fun... Hopefully we get back before 11 Saturday night o.O

Top Bottom