• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You first you define who you consider to be a scientist. Then you survey only those people. Then you report the poll results as generally applicable to a very wide class while not openly reporting that the survey was made of a very narrow class.

Don't you understand? That's how "scientific consensus" is formed. Think about it.

It's very similar to headlines like "94% of doctors think that...."- while basing that conclusion on a survey of the AMA.....and many, many doctors are not members of the AMA, especially conservative ones. Just like most conservative lawyers aren't members of the ABA.

To tell the truth, I think the polls that led to this may be more accurate that a lot of things reported by the HuffPo:

doctors-smoke-camel.jpg

But don't tell liberals that the polls they have put their faith in (put their faith in....the irony) are not really reliable. they simply can't stand to have their world view challenged without pushing back with ridicule, name calling and pompous self-righteousness (righteous....more irony).

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    You first you define who you consider to be a scientist. Then you survey only those people. Then you report the poll results as generally applicable to a very wide class while not openly reporting that the survey was made of a very narrow class.

Don't you understand? That's how "scientific consensus" is formed. Think about it.

It's very similar to headlines like "94% of doctors think that...."- while basing that conclusion on a survey of the AMA.....and many, many doctors are not members of the AMA, especially conservative ones. Just like most conservative lawyers aren't members of the ABA.

To tell the truth, I think the polls that led to this may be more accurate that a lot of things reported by the HuffPo:

doctors-smoke-camel.jpg

But don't tell liberals that the polls they have put their faith in (put their faith in....the irony) are not really reliable. they simply can't stand to have their world view challenged without pushing back with ridicule, name calling and pompous self-righteousness (righteous....more irony).

TESTIFY!!!
    (hands in air - eyes shut).

Would somebody please think of the children! ...and teach them a course in statistics. Ha.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

doctors-smoke-camel.jpg

/thread

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Letting that B***h run would be great for the Republicans. ....I hope. I guess I never saw Obama winning the second term either...

Hillary looks like a sack of balls.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I actually saw this same sticker on a car about a year ago. I remember thinking "they're getting started early". Haven't seen another one since this post. My sighting was outside of a Walgreens in Brownsburg. Any coincidence yours was outside a pharmacy too?

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I would try to argue that even though she has been in politics for many years, she has really nothing to show for it (i.e. a weak resume), but based on our experience of the last eight years, that really has nothing to do with who the sheeple will vote for.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    You know, ya'll disgust me.

Here we have a situation where someone's vehicle was clearly vandalized! I would have at least written a note to let the owner know that someone did something obscene like that to their vehicle. They could've been driving around for weeks or months like that and not even know they were looking like an idiot...

And here ya'll worrying about how to make that graffiti "better".....disgusting...

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Anyone who votes republican or democrat wants more status quo.

At this point its like picking the least of the evils.... There are no really good choices. I always thought the best chance we had was H. Ross Perot. All he did was take away republican votes with no chance of winning. Sad state of politics these days.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    At this point its like picking the least of the evils.... There are no really good choices. I always thought the best chance we had was H. Ross Perot. All he did was take away republican votes with no chance of winning. Sad state of politics these days.

This thinking is why it stays the same.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    At this point, so does anyone who votes third party.

They just don't seem to care whether we get the lesser of two status quos or not.

And why should they? Anyone that can make a real difference will be kept out of the real running one way or another. Why do you think debates are republican/democrat-only? Bring any third party up to parity with the democrats and republicans then you will have truly viable options for elected leadership.

Top Bottom