• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Good for them as they should be calling it out. My point was that Omar does'nt represent well. All i'm saying is don't support and vote the radical extreme in if they do not represent the kind of image that you want to project.

Catholics should apply plenty of scrutiny as well towards the kind of people that represent their faith because those that betray that faith have given plenty of fodder for outsiders to trash them as well.

In agreement. I was really just trying to say that Omar largely represents a group that isn't simply "muslims"

As for the Catholics, I find it important to remember that, as I read at the height of the scandal, the prevalence of sex offenders in Catholic clergy is actually slightly lower than in nom-Catholic clergy. The image problem for the Catholics comes largely from sheer numbers since the Catholic church dwarfs most other denominations.

Didn't know that at all, I immediately went to Catholicism in my original post because the scandals of their representatives are the ones I see in the mainstream. Good to know:yesway:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    To me it is a simple process when electing officials: look at who they are and what they stand for and ask yourself "do I want this person to have control over my children and grandchildren?" and then cast my vote...

Using that standard, I would not vote for any of the bastards and instead send them all straight to Hell.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This Muslim b**** in Congress is just plain bat-s**t crazy, and dangerous. The DOJ definitely needs to investigate this dumb-***, and get her removed from Washington D.C. - ASAP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-on-israel/ar-AAAXiUl?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=U452DHP

You severely weaken your argument by calling her a "Muslim b*****." If she's a "b****," can't you simply leave it at that?
    It's as if you're saying that because she's a Muslim, that has something to do with her being a "B****." If you replaced the "Muslim," with "Christian, Black, White, Hindu, Jewish" or whatever, when speaking about someone else, one would certainly think that you had an issue with the person in whatever group was mentioned.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The person who basically ignited the criticism over Omar's 9/11 comments was a Muslim. Rep. Dan Crenshaw retweeted this tweet from Imam Mohamad Tawhidi which started the discussion. There are Muslim voices that recognize Omar's B.S. just like there are plenty of non Muslims that are much more critical of Israel than Omar, but don't receive nearly the same criticism, such as George Galloway.

This is kinda like saying if Catholics don't like the negative impressions of their faith influenced by child rape scandals involving Catholic priests, they should scrutinize more closely who they choose to represent them. Who, exactly, chooses Catholic priests to represent Catholics? Is it all Catholics? No? Well then, who exactly chose Ilhan Omar to represent muslims? Was it all Muslims in America? You'd have to substantiate that claim with evidence. What is definitely true and obvious is that the people who chose Omar were the constituents of her district, not Muslims across America. And even among the Somali Muslims in her district, there are voices calling our her garbage (link).

I admit that it would take special attention to hear these voices as they're not necessarily mainstream. And I'm not sure there's a way to tell what percentage of American Muslims agree with Omar, that would be interesting to see. But if you put your ear closer to the ground you will see that Muslims have tried to scrutinize her. It is up to you to decide whether these examples and others are enough scrutiny, maybe you think they should scrutinize more closely still. Not trying to convince you Muslims are the saving grace of America and Ilhan Omar is an odd one out; she probably accurately represents the views of many Muslims. But just trying to show that, there are those voices out there :yesway:

George Galloway is a US Representative?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Good for them as they should be calling it out. My point was that Omar does'nt represent well. All i'm saying is don't support and vote the radical extreme in if they do not represent the kind of image that you want to project.

Catholics should apply plenty of scrutiny as well towards the kind of people that represent their faith because those that betray that faith have given plenty of fodder for outsiders to trash them as well.

Look at Lebanon that went from minority to majority Muslim and it is evident that Omar actually DOES represent Islam.

Most Muslims are peaceful and easy to get along with and will be peaceful when the majority bring in Sharia Law. It is the small percentage, that they will agree with, that will enforce their rules.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We need a Constitutional amendment that says you cannot place your hand on a Bible or Koran. It must be done on a slab of bacon.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We need a Constitutional amendment that says you cannot place your hand on a Bible or Koran. It must be done on a slab of bacon.

That definitely would then be considered meat before idols.

I guess I never considered it, but do Jews have the Bible open half way an just put their hand on the left side? :dunno:

Do Mormons use a stack of books? :dunno:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Why does this remind me of the Gom Jabbar?
    [video=youtube;QrCfivcQe48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrCfivcQe48[/video]

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    The British believed the lies about diversity and coexistence too.
    Now look at what is really happening to them.
    British folks are fleeing their cities at an alarming rate and are finding themselves starngers in their own land.
    Great Britain will be a third world country in the next ten years at best and Sharia law will be the law of the land.

We are subverted at every level of government here in the USA, how long before we are in chains ??

Fearmongering ??? Just look at how our own law enforcement agencies were invaided by leftists in only eight years of our having a community organizer as president.
    Political correctness is a disease, I really hate to see it within these ranks !!!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think the case can be made that for the ones who do the most harm, from any side of these issues, swearing before God holds no real meaning and they are easily forsworn. Book or bacon, it won't stop them and it won't make a difference. My personal theory is that there is a subset of humanity that just enjoys and revels in causing pain and killing, and will use any means possible to do so and justify the compromises they had to make after the fact. Their motivations are unimportant. Like a rabid dog, they need to be put down to protect the rest of society

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You severely weaken your argument by calling her a "Muslim b*****." If she's a "b****," can't you simply leave it at that?
    It's as if you're saying that because she's a Muslim, that has something to do with her being a "B****." If you replaced the "Muslim," with "Christian, Black, White, Hindu, Jewish" or whatever, when speaking about someone else, one would certainly think that you had an issue with the person in whatever group was mentioned.

This has more to do with the logic than the point you're making. The Muslim part is relevant to the extent that it explains her bias as she habitually makes antisemitic remarks. The ***** part is relevant to the extent that she says it because she's a *****. You don't have to read it that she's a ***** because she's a Muslim, or the other way around. She can be both a Muslim and a ***** at the same time and have either contribute to her motives for making antisemitic remarks.

But more likely, "*****" is just a modifier for the person he's angry with, understandably.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the case can be made that for the ones who do the most harm, from any side of these issues, swearing before God holds no real meaning and they are easily forsworn. Book or bacon, it won't stop them and it won't make a difference. My personal theory is that there is a subset of humanity that just enjoys and revels in causing pain and killing, and will use any means possible to do so and justify the compromises they had to make after the fact. Their motivations are unimportant. Like a rabid dog, they need to be put down to protect the rest of society

There is a lot of truth to that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BugI02 again.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Imma just gonna come out and say it. Not a big bacon fan.
    How could you not like this?
    cherrybacon.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [SIZE=7 said:
    jamil[/SIZE];7919838]Imma just gonna come out and say it. Not a big bacon fan.

REPORTED!

Where are the mods when you need them? It is as bad as the cops when some idiot is racing in and out of traffic.

Top Bottom