• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My guess is that she simply bought into the PC trend that she is part of a group that is exempt from criticism, scrutiny, or accountability lest anyone seeking it be labeled a bigot or some flavor of -phobe. I would further guess that she isnt too far from getting sucker punched by reality.

Well, even though some articles I've seen include images of relevant documents and links to where they are archived, the Dems are attempting to play this as a new type of birtherism. She forgot to read the page in the Obama playbook about legally locking down all your past indescretions before you raise your profile

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, even though some articles I've seen include images of relevant documents and links to where they are archived, the Dems are attempting to play this as a new type of birtherism. She forgot to read the page in the Obama playbook about legally locking down all your past indescretions before you raise your profile

:yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Once they let the cat out of the bag there is no "I take it back"

Yep, she's for sure faking. I'd bet money she meant what she said about Obama. Then realized if she wants to keep talking like that about other people, like she has continued to do so, she needs some protection from the Dem establishment. Can't speak truth about their patron saint then expect them to protect her

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    In a resurfaced interview from 2018, anti-Trump Democrat Ilhan Omar responded to a question about the "quote-unquote legitimate fears" some people have of "jihadist terrorism," by saying Americans should be "more fearful of white men."

In the interview, Al Jazeera host Medhi Hasan said some Americans feel justified in fearing Islam, not out of hate but for their own safety, before listing a number of radical Islamic terror attacks. Omar dismissed this suggestion immediately and laid the blame on white males instead, calling for the profiling and monitoring of caucasian men.

"I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country," she replied.

"And so if fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe -- Americans safe inside of this country -- we should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ilhan-omar-interview-2018-fearful-white-men-islam

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In a resurfaced interview from 2018, anti-Trump Democrat Ilhan Omar responded to a question about the "quote-unquote legitimate fears" some people have of "jihadist terrorism," by saying Americans should be "more fearful of white men."

In the interview, Al Jazeera host Medhi Hasan said some Americans feel justified in fearing Islam, not out of hate but for their own safety, before listing a number of radical Islamic terror attacks. Omar dismissed this suggestion immediately and laid the blame on white males instead, calling for the profiling and monitoring of caucasian men.

"I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country," she replied.

"And so if fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe -- Americans safe inside of this country -- we should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ilhan-omar-interview-2018-fearful-white-men-islam

And the sadness is way too many believe this crap.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Okay, these most recent quotes may have been taken slightly out of context. Here is the full quote in context, plus commentary from Reason editor Robby Soave who i think is a pretty reasonable person: https://reason.com/2019/07/25/ilhan-omar-video-fear-white-men/

Makes more sense but I'm sure some still won't appreciate it. Still, Fox and other outlets should have shared the full context.

Not quite as outrage worthy as some of the other stuff she's done and said IMO

ETA: The more I think about the way she speaks, I honestly think her main goal is to sow as much division as possible. She basically completely sidesteps the LEGITIMATE question about radical Islam as a problem (which was asked by a devout Muslim, Mehdi Hasan) to bring up radical white supremacy. Not that she's necessarily wrong in this case, but everything she says and does is incredibly decisive to the point where it seems to be planned and purposeful...

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Okay, these most recent quotes may have been taken slightly out of context. Here is the full quote in context, plus commentary from Reason editor Robby Soave who i think is a pretty reasonable person: https://reason.com/2019/07/25/ilhan-omar-video-fear-white-men/

Makes more sense but I'm sure some still won't appreciate it. Still, Fox and other outlets should have shared the full context.

ETA: The more I think about the way she speaks, I honestly think her main goal is to sow as much division as possible. She basically completely sidesteps the LEGITIMATE question about radical Islam as a problem (which was asked by a devout Muslim, Mehdi Hasan) to bring up radical white supremacy. Not that she's necessarily wrong in this case, but everything she says and does is incredibly decisive to the point where it seems to be planned and purposeful...

Ummm... the Fox article that I posted actually includes the full quote and the context, and, yes, I still think it is an outrageous statement. I agree with you that she simply used it to sidestep the actual question, but I disagree with you that her statement refers to radical white supremacy because that is just simply not what she said. She hinted at it at the end with "and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men", but it's not clear what exactly she was referring to as "radical" or to what extent she is attacking all white men. It sounds to me like she is painting with the same broad brush that she should be decrying.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Spoken like a true jihadist. You will notice that her statements are predicated on the notion that we should change to conform to immigrants who have no respect for our society but rather are colonists with aspirations of replacing our society.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I have heard the argument made that white domestic terrorists (McVeigh, Nichols etc) have killed more Americans than muslim ones (not sure this is still accurate), and I expect this is the point she is trying to make about surveilling the radicalization of white men

That being said, she makes a common mistake of conflating the OKC bombers' anti-government views with white supremacist views (because that's the current narrative thrust); which is ironic given the level of nuance and understanding she demands over the motivations of Islamic terrorists. McVeigh was motivated by anger at FedGov for Waco and Ruby Ridge. We should see that we monitor the violent radicalization of anyone, regardless of their race or religion. Isis supporters do not get a pass just because they haven't killed enough of us yet

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes, Netanyahu is barring Tlaib and Omar from an event next week.

if you go around telling people not to shop at my store, you don’t get to walk trough my door.

I see nothing wrong with Israel banning members of congress that actively want to bring it down.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, Netanyahu is barring Tlaib and Omar from an event next week.

if you go around telling people not to shop at my store, you don’t get to walk trough my door.

I see nothing wrong with Israel banning members of congress that actively want to bring it down.

The Israeli ambassador said that they would be allowed into the nation, then the POTUS chimed in, and they were banned. How incredibly weird is that? A president criticizing another nation for letting a member of congress enter their country.
    I'm honestly not familiar with what the congresswomen said that got them barred, so I can't speak to the wisdom of the decision.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Israeli ambassador said that they would be allowed into the nation, then the POTUS chimed in, and they were banned. How incredibly weird is that? A president criticizing another nation for letting a member of congress enter their country.
    I'm honestly not familiar with what the congresswomen said that got them barred, so I can't speak to the wisdom of the decision.

Both of them support Anti-Israeli organizations. They refer to Israel as Palestine on the agenda the submitted to the authority's for the visit. A steady flow of rhetoric against that nation.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It seems they didn't think they were going to Israel......

ECBu4X9X4AI5LNP

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Both of them support Anti-Israeli organizations. They refer to Israel as Palestine on the agenda the submitted to the authority's for the visit. A steady flow of rhetoric against that nation.
    ^Pretty much this^. Also both Omar and Talib are big supporters of this so called BDS movement (boycott,divestment and sanctions) against Israel.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ^Pretty much this^. Also both Omar and Talib are big supporters of this so called BDS movement (boycott,divestment and sanctions) against Israel.

Would you be surprised that there is a long history of politicians doing exactly that? AND also visited those nations? Off the top of my head, Apartheid South Africa and the Former USSR. Now it was those nation's interests to do such. Israel has no such interest in doing such because the we already spend a mint supporting them. I personally think, that until Israel treats the people who call themselves Palestinians better, their feet should be held to the fire.

Top Bottom