• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwdecour

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Credit Unions are usually the best way to go for your money... Once ONB went public they worry more about making their books look good for their stock holders. The credit unions are there to help out the members. They give better rates, lower fees, and more understanding when situations come up.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Not making them fully aware? They put a notice right there on the bank statement.

How are they screwing anyone over? They made a change and, from the OP, gave over a month's notice.

Hardly seems worth all the whing over a couple of bucks a month. Seriously, if your balance isn't high enough to keep from paying the fee, you are probably a liability to the bank anyway.

As someone else pointed out, the bank offers a service, we have the right to choose not to use that service. And as a single parent on one income, being charged a few dollars to let them use my money to make money for other people is a big deal. I'm not whining personally because I don't use that bank. BUT if I did, I'd be yanking my money out fast enough to make their head spin. I'm not a "liability" to any bank. But the only time I have over $500 in the bank is right after I get paid and before I pay my bills. :patriot:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Not making them fully aware? They put a notice right there on the bank statement.

How are they screwing anyone over? They made a change and, from the OP, gave over a month's notice.

Hardly seems worth all the whing over a couple of bucks a month. Seriously, if your balance isn't high enough to keep from paying the fee, you are probably a liability to the bank anyway.
    Thats a bold statement, and just like the OP says, Im a college student and the only time my checking account is over $500 is before I pay my bills. Does that make me a liability?
    80 percecnt of a banks profit comes from 20 percent of its customers. Many low or no profit customers can be the biggest pain in the butt, taking up employees time, demanding free services, etc. I worked in a bank for 23 years. And yes, if you're unhappy, you should definitely leave.
    Im loaning banks my money, not the other way around. I dont have a loan out, and even if I did, im still paying interest on that, so why should I have to pay for the bank to borrow my money.....sounds strikingly similar to the IRS if you ask me

Bazooka Joe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    South Central Indiana
    I now have a zero balance at ONB because of this. I dont even remember seeing the flyer informing me that it was coming? Not to mention I have been there since 92. Oh well, at least it didnt go into the negative.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I didn't see the flyer because I get online statements... And I dont look at the statements because I have up to date online access. I liked old national because they used to have hot tellers... Now they are just rude haggs. :twocents:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

Seriously? I'm sorry that I dont live out of my checking account. Once my check is direct deposited, I leave in my account what I need for bills, and living expenses for the 2 weeks before my next check is deposited, and then move the rest to my savings. Why? well at one time my ONB savings actually made some interest, but not for the last 2 years. They make plenty of interest off my savings but dont let any of that through anymore. That was the major sticking point for me, then charging me every month for the use of my checking, my FREE checking when I singed up 10 years ago, pushed me over the edge. It would be different if everyone did the same thing, but not everyone did, especially my credit union.

When closing our accounts, the one thing that really surprised me is not once by either of the 2 employees I talked to, were we asked why. I guess they must know why.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado

I never got a notice as I don't get paper statements. I never received a message from them on the website or by email either.

As others have said, a couple bucks a month is a big deal when they want to charge you money because you don't have enough money in your account for them to loan out so they can make even more money.

I also only have $500 in that account for a few days at a time. I used that account to pay specific bills. The reason I opened the account was because it was free.

Top Bottom