• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes you did. But I doubt you will find anybody on this board that would argue against LEO taking action against somebody who threatens a child.

I will offer only congratulations on a job well done.

There seems to be some misunderstanding regarding the position some of us take regarding law enforcement. I feel that I am not alone in appreciating the good officers who will risk of themselves physically and psychologically as they apply a standard of excellence to protecting their communities. The problems are with those who seek to be public masters and hide behind 'the law is the law and if you don't like it, take it up with the chief or your legislators as I p*ss all over the oath I took in the process of enforcing it' or worse yet, simply feel exempt from the laws they were hired to uphold. I hate crooks in uniform, incompetent police, and those serving as state-sanctioned thieves rather than providers of public safety with every fiber of my being. I also have a great deal of appreciation for those who are doing the right thing for the right reasons.

Back to the point at issue. The officer did a fine job of protecting one of our most defenseless and precious citizens in a manner that serves as no particular loss. This was not a good shoot, but rather an excellent one!

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

There seems to be some misunderstanding regarding the position some of us take regarding law enforcement. I feel that I am not alone in appreciating the good officers who will risk of themselves physically and psychologically as they apply a standard of excellence to protecting their communities. The problems are with those who seek to be public masters and hide behind 'the law is the law and if you don't like it, take it up with the chief or your legislators as I p*ss all over the oath I took in the process of enforcing it' or worse yet, simply feel exempt from the laws they were hired to uphold. I hate crooks in uniform, incompetent police, and those serving as state-sanctioned thieves rather than providers of public safety with every fiber of my being. I also have a great deal of appreciation for those who are doing the right thing for the right reasons.

Back to the point at issue. The officer did a fine job of protecting one of our most defenseless and precious citizens in a manner that serves as no particular loss. This was not a good shoot, but rather an excellent one!

Don't sugar coat it Dave, tell us how you really feel;)

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012

Well said. And Im not sure how anyone COULD turn this into an anti LEO thread given the story and the video.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Good Job to the officer...but odd the guy let him walk up and shoot him w/o killing the girl. I say 'suicide by cop' is for sure and I don't think the guy ever intended to hurt the girl...but take my kid and I ain't waiting to find out and I sure don't fault them for pulling the trigger. Guy was obviously unstable.

As for how MAIG will spin this...they'll find out if he tried to buy a gun and couldn't thus the reason he used a knife.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Good Job to the officer...but odd the guy let him walk up and shoot him w/o killing the girl. I say 'suicide by cop' is for sure and I don't think the guy ever intended to hurt the girl...but take my kid and I ain't waiting to find out and I sure don't fault them for pulling the trigger. Guy was obviously unstable.

As for how MAIG will spin this...they'll find out if he tried to buy a gun and couldn't thus the reason he used a knife.

They had an officer to the side create a distraction.
    The officer that fired his weapon took advantage of the distraction.
    It was only for a second, that is what he needed.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Prayers for the Officer that had to pull the trigger.

^^^ This! Yes, it was a tragedy, but he didn't take a life, that sequence of events was initiated by someone else. The officer saved an innocent life. Prayers also to the little girl and her family and this case only highlights the need to be prepared for anything at anytime. So sad!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I might be the only one in this camp, but I'm gonna say it anyhow.
    The mother handed that creep opportunity after opportunity to snatch that kid. She was unaware, oblivious, and downright ignorant. NEVER walk off with your back to the kid you just left in a cart UNattended! What a flippin' idiot.
    I'm sorry she went through a traumatic event, but in all fairness she contributed to the likelihood of that whole kid-snatching scenario gaining steam.

Top Bottom