OK NWI INGOers, is this your mail carrier?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

OK a .336 is pretty impressive and I was stationed in Iceland and Korea.

Police: Indiana mail carrier arrested again for OWI after falling out of truck

PORTER COUNTY, Ind. — A United States Postal Service mail carrier was arrested Friday evening in Northwest Indiana after allegedly falling out of her truck while driving drunk. It’s the second on-duty OWI arrest for her this year.

At around 5 p.m., a Porter County Sheriff’s deputy responded to a report of a single-vehicle crash in the 400 block of Burdick Road, which is an unincorporated part of the county.

Rebecca Conrad, 48, of Burns Harbor, was arrested after police believe her USPS-issued mail truck left the roadway and came to a stop in the front yard of a residence.

The deputy reported that he noticed multiple signs of impairment and conducted a toxicology test, which records show came back with a
    BAC of .336.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

OK a .336 is pretty impressive and I was stationed in Iceland and Korea.

Police: Indiana mail carrier arrested again for OWI after falling out of truck

PORTER COUNTY, Ind. — A United States Postal Service mail carrier was arrested Friday evening in Northwest Indiana after allegedly falling out of her truck while driving drunk. It’s the second on-duty OWI arrest for her this year.

At around 5 p.m., a Porter County Sheriff’s deputy responded to a report of a single-vehicle crash in the 400 block of Burdick Road, which is an unincorporated part of the county.

Rebecca Conrad, 48, of Burns Harbor, was arrested after police believe her USPS-issued mail truck left the roadway and came to a stop in the front yard of a residence.

The deputy reported that he noticed multiple signs of impairment and conducted a toxicology test, which records show came back with a
    BAC of .336.

Holy s***! That's got to be close to death, doesn't it?

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    2 days in a row we had our flag up and they delivered the mail, did not take the letter we were sending and left the flag up. Called today to complain.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    2 days in a row we had our flag up and they delivered the mail, did not take the letter we were sending and left the flag up. Called today to complain.
    Good luck. My mom has called and complained a couple times about them not closing her box good and the mail gets wet when it’s raining. It’s one of those plastic jobs you slide over the post, and I’ll admit it’s not as easy to snap closed like the metal ones but maybe try putting three fingers in it??? Regardless, she gets the same canned reply about it and nothing changes.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How does she still have a job after the first one.
    I know of a FORMER Postal supervisor who was promoted after getting a DUI. The "former" part... well lets just say fraudulently claiming overtime wasn't the worst thing she was doing.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    This is her 2nd time in less than 6 months. Must have special government privileges. Glad she's not my mail lady.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My mailman sometimes doesnt even bother to show up. I cant tell you how many times Ive seen this...

USPS informed delivery: "You have these 3 letters arriving tomorrow and one package. "

(tomorrow AM)
    Package's tracking via the shipper:
    9am package loaded onto truck.
    9:05 AM Package unable to be delivered. [insert lame, bogus excuse like property not accessible, etc]

No mail arrives that day.

We are 10 minutes from the PO driving directly. its therefore impossible for them to have run the route and realized my house was surrounded by zombies, gators, etc.
    Sometimes, everything but the parcel arrives at like 8pm because somebody else ran their route minus parcels after their route/shift to save time.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm still waiting for the mail that was showing in my informed delivery on Saturday. There were several more items showing today, but no delivery.

They fired our drunk carrier and hired the thief we have now several years ago. I kept asking to get the drunk back. At least she was always happy. They ended up finding her Jeep burning in a field a few years ago with her in it. Her house had been ransacked. Never did hear if they figured out what happened.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Holy s***! That's got to be close to death, doesn't it?

It can be. Tolerance matters, and I expect she's been at the drinking at Olympic levels for quite awhile. I've seen BACs in the .40 several times and once in the .60s and they survived*, but I bet their baseline were they felt relatively normal would be in the .15-.20 range and they'd be in the shakes if they went lower.

That's a picture of hard living.

*but probably not that well and probably not that long, but who knows.

Top Bottom