• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A young "thuggish" kid, was buying a gun. He called every gun, regardless of brand, a "glock." He pointed at a Beretta and said "let me peep dat glock right there." He asked some old guy who was looking at revolvers, "you gonna buy dat 'glock'?" The old guy literally looked at him and said to the kid "obviously you couldn't tell a glock from your bumhole." He literally said bumhole. The kid didn't have a comeback. Weirdest day at the LGS ever.

Glock is punk talk for a gun. Not unlike "Piece" or "Gat"

The term Glock is woven into the rap culture. Total slang.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Im sure he went out of the shop and was really bad when he told the stories to his homies.
    "ol Gizza wuz straight up trippin, I punked da fool and sez I pop a cap in yo ear"

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    I've been working in a shop/range for a long time, but the "best" story I have was as a customer.

A few years ago I was at a small LGS waiting to finish a purchase (Service Six), also in the shop at the time was a "scruffy" looking couple, they were probably mid-thirties but looked older. The guy was OCing a(centerfire) SA Ruger in a very nice carved leather holster, he examined and asked many questions about a handgun he wanted, After he handed it back to the sales clerk he said he would "take it". When the clerk produced the paperwork the guys wife stepped up to fill out the form, the clerk informed the guy that the gun was obviously for him and HE had to fill out the form.
    This guy actually grins, shrugs and says he cant because he has been convicted of a felony!!

My jaw dropped, an open carrying felon!!

I looked at the sales guy, his jaw was in the same position as mine, he blinked a couple of times and proceeded to tell the guy how many years in prison he will recieve as a felon in possession of a firearm.

This guy kinda just dissmissed the clerk, and said " its just for DUI's"......I must have laughed, whinced, or made some noise I didn't realized I made because all three looked at me!

The clerk shook his head, turned back to "hopalong felon" and told him to leave.
    Pretty sure I heard a similar incident at 1500 last year. Got pretty heated.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Not a LGS story, but a LEO friend of mine (isn't that one of the "anything that starts with" scenarios?) INSISTS that open carry in Indiana is illegal. He has even stated to me "it says it right on your license, carry CONCEAL license". I have tried to correct him, but he knows better :dunno:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    on wed, i asked the salesperson if it was cool to dryfire a 1911 to get a feel for the trigger. Some moron customer, dressed in his best gray sweatpants, then informed me that dryfiring is a very bad idea- as it is not good for the gun. the salesperson told me "well then you'd better not".

lolz

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    When asking if my shotgun game with an extra choke and the guy said "Absolutely, and if you take it out you can fit five rounds in the tube!"

Good thing I wasn't asking about the plug!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    At LGS looking for my first 1911 and the Ruger SR1911 just came out and they were hard to find then. So I ask to look at it then he started the sales pitch about the quailtiy of Ruger. Yep, that's why I'm interested, so how much? $950.00, these are from the custom shop at Ruger. So I says really, do go on and I don't remember because all I could think about was how they were supposed to be selling for $725 to $750 suggested retail.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Was at my LGS yesterday and a county mounty came in for a handgun (not sure type). I was in the back looking at shotguns and the owner was up front with him. I heard the LEO ask what the owner was doing with the form on the phone. The owner told him it was the NICS background check. I laughed as I was the only other person there. Before hand he said he said he was new to the department and needed a handgun for himself and needed to get qualed asap.

aafuel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Irish Country
    I was in the LGS when I a mid 30's guy came in with his mom as he called her. He was in town visiting so he wanted to checked out the LGS's. He looked at a few handguns and long guns and proceeded to inform everyone in the shop that they were overpriced on everything and that he had enough ammunition in his "truck" parked outside which you could see clearly it was a KIA to supply all the guns in the shop. I understand that there are people that know a lot about the industry but to come into a LGS for the first time a spout off at the mouth like you are gods gift to guns is ridiculous. If you are a so called SME then use it to teach people not brag about how much you know. Off the soap box

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    To many to list or even remember. Some notable examples are;

"Hey mannnn... you got any left hand wheelers? My grand daddy had one and I wants one like it"
    After a couple of questions I determined he was talking about Colt revolvers b/c the cylinder rotates counter clockwise.

"Where yall keep yor gauges"
    Further interrogation determined he wanted a shotgun.

"Hey you got any slide jackers"
    Semi auto pistols

"Got any ride n shoots?"
    Another reference to a shotgun but this one with a pistol grip

"Got any gats with beams?"
    Wanted a pistol with a laser installed.

There are plenty more but like I said I can't remember them all. I'll post more as I do.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Sounds like you spend a lot of time at Don's Guns.
    attachment.php

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    To many to list or even remember. Some notable examples are;

"Hey mannnn... you got any left hand wheelers? My grand daddy had one and I wants one like it"
    After a couple of questions I determined he was talking about Colt revolvers b/c the cylinder rotates counter clockwise.

"Where yall keep yor gauges"
    Further interrogation determined he wanted a shotgun.

"Hey you got any slide jackers"
    Semi auto pistols

"Got any ride n shoots?"
    Another reference to a shotgun but this one with a pistol grip

"Got any gats with beams?"
    Wanted a pistol with a laser installed.

There are plenty more but like I said I can't remember them all. I'll post more as I do.

And I'll bet you've been asked if you have any fo-fo's!:laugh:

Top Bottom