• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The video has been removed... Sounds like their just punks with guns to me, not true responsable gun owners... Just my two cents..

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Video was still working at this time.

EVERY incident like this simply fuels the rhetoric of the rabid, anti-gun loons.

There's certainly a difference between supporting / defending the 2nd Amendment, and being an azzhat. These kids, like OCT, are azzhats and should NOT own firearms.

deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If only there were a quantitative measure of self-awareness and responsibility that we could use, as fellow gun owners, to say, "Look, if you're not at least here, don't ****ing buy a gun. DEFINITELY don't carry one."

When I bought my first and got my carry permit, I rose to the occasion and additional responsibility. I realized I was representing a community larger than myself, every day. I wish we could ensure the same mindset in others, but alas, we can't.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Every gun owner isn't a good or smart person. The right to bear arms is a natural right and enables ANYONE to carry and own a firearm.
    I always hear "I guess all gun owners are just cowboys
    simce you think all cops are gun grabbers." Well the two are not even slightly similar.
    Owning and carrying a firearm is the same as having the right to vote if your a woman or a minority. It's non negotiable.

just like all people in the world are not supermodels, not all gun owners are good people nor
    Do they care if gun rights are advanced.

when people try to lump gun owners together I don't care. They are just grasping at straws. We are not an organized or sanctioned 'group' Where's cops are. Actions of one weigh heavily on the department they work for as a whole. Weather right or wrong that's how t works

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Idiots. Unfortunately, it's not reported when the leftists are the ones acting like idiots.

Maybe that's because it's routine for them, and hence, not news.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Video doesn't work so well with my wireless internet service.

First, it appears that the guns are largely irrelevant to the presumed illegal activity. From the report without the video, I did not see any indication that they actually did anything to intimidate or menace anyone in particular, and did not see any mention of any actual confrontation with anyone. I see a danger here to reclassify otherwise legal carry of weapons into intimidation/menacing/disturbing the peace/disorderly conduct by virtue of possessing the weapon(s). If I am understanding the text version of the report correctly, there was no confrontation with anyone while they were taking their walk babbling among themselves.

There is no question that they are a pack of knuckleheads who need to grow up, but I fail to see how, with or without legally possessed and carried weapons, they engaged in criminal behavior by engaging in a conversation among themselves the recording of which offended the sensibilities of subsequent viewers of the video. One thing of which I feel certain is that the media capitalized on the opportunity to find the least sympathetic public faces of gun ownership to lampoon in a way that is hidden when done by the left's legions of idiots.

As I understand the net result of the action and subsequent charges, and lack of any identified victim--to the extreme that they had to find someone WHO HAD SEEN THE VIDEO WITHOUT BEING ANYWHERE NEAR THEIR LITTLE HIKE to hold up as a victim--they are being charged with violating the directives of the thought police.

In the end, do I enjoy having to defend these imbeciles? No. Not one little bit. The problem is that if I don't, then eventually the problem works its way up to me as the thought police tighten the noose given that I have my share of thoughts which are unacceptable to the thought police, and as indicated by being an INGO member, so do you.

So far as I am concerned, if the only "victim" they can find feels distressed from watching a video (!), the powers that be need to shake their collective head at the stupidity and move on to something more important which I am certain is available given that Cincinnati has a crime problem reminiscent of Detroit, only not so fully matured.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Every group has a subset that will turn off moderates and give the opposite's sides activists something to latch on to in order to paint them as freaks and weirdos.

In your face open carry = Westboro = these guys
    taiwan_gay_pride_parade.jpg

Yup, its your right to do so. Its also within other peoples' rights to have an opinion about it and use that opinion to lobby against you.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    IF these a**hats promote the 2A, then Westboro promotes the 1A. :ugh:

Unfortunately, in some respects, they do. If you restrict the Westboro yohoo's from speaking their piece, who is next?
    I don't agree with the Westboro scum, and I surely don't condone the actions of the idiots in the article in question.

What I DO champion is free speech, for EVERYONE, whether I agree with it or not. I have no issues arguing my viewpoints intellectually.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend with my life, your right to say it."

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    I am always amazed at how anti freedom INGO can get. Yes these people are stupid, but they should be they still have freedom of speech and the right to bare arms.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am always amazed at how anti freedom INGO can get. Yes these people are stupid, but they should be they still have freedom of speech and the right to bare arms.

:+1:

I just got scolded for handing out too much rep today, but you certainly deserve it.

I would add that all the rights addressed in the First Amendment, the rights to free speech, press, assembly, petition, and religion, necessarily rest on the concept of freedom of thought, the very foundation being attacked from every direction in today's society. Further, the freedom of thought will necessarily default at some point to the right to unpopular thoughts and the right to be wrong, neither of which are presently accepted, further complicated by the fact that the latter is generally a matter of opinion rather than objective fact, leading to our present batch of thought police assigning judgment of 'right' and 'wrong' based not on objective fact, but their opinions which are held up as social standards and in some cases legal standards. It is generally not this bad yet in the US, but a pastor can be arrested in Canada (Britain also, if I am not mistaken) for simply reading the Bible from cover to cover including those passages which step on some toes.

You are absolutely right! Those individuals may be nitwits, but they are indeed entitled to their rights of free speech, bearing arms, and perhaps most important, their right to their own thoughts and beliefs, no matter how strongly they may clash with ours.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Not every pro-gun person is pro-freedom. In fact, many here seem to actually despise the very concept of Liberty, seeking only to maintain a popular light for their own personal preferences by disparaging anything different.

Don't expect too much from folks just because they own guns. I guess that should be applied to the subjects in the video as well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unfortunately, in some respects, they do. If you restrict the Westboro yohoo's from speaking their piece, who is next?
    I don't agree with the Westboro scum, and I surely don't condone the actions of the idiots in the article in question.

What I DO champion is free speech, for EVERYONE, whether I agree with it or not. I have no issues arguing my viewpoints intellectually.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend with my life, your right to say it."

Dont get me wrong, I agree with you. Westboro doesnt forfeit their right simply because we disagree with the message or delivery.

My point is those less liberty minded... you know, the masses... The ones that dont fully wrap their heads around liberty and constitution and say "Well, if THAT is what happens when they exercise the xAmendment, maybe that totally free exercise isnt such a good idea. We should restrict it to more 'reasonable' means."

Unfortunately the majority of voting americans are NOT like us by ANY stretch of the imagination, and will see these free exercises as bad things regardless of how protected they are and will try to regulate them based on a VERY small number of those who exercise their rights in a way that the ignorant majority deems offensive.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Aside from being stupid, what real law did they break? CIRV, they weren't violent, just stupid? No one arrested their parents for procreation, but at times, that should be a crime? A right is a right, and these dumbasses excercised it! Were they smart about it? Probably not but...

Top Bottom