• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Every group has a subset that will turn off moderates and give the opposite's sides activists something to latch on to in order to paint them as freaks and weirdos.

In your face open carry = Westboro = these guys
    taiwan_gay_pride_parade.jpg

Yup, its your right to do so. Its also within other peoples' rights to have an opinion about it and use that opinion to lobby against you.

Damn it man....some things can not be un-seen......eye bleach, I need I bleach

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Video doesn't work so well with my wireless internet service.

First, it appears that the guns are largely irrelevant to the presumed illegal activity. From the report without the video, I did not see any indication that they actually did anything to intimidate or menace anyone in particular, and did not see any mention of any actual confrontation with anyone. I see a danger here to reclassify otherwise legal carry of weapons into intimidation/menacing/disturbing the peace/disorderly conduct by virtue of possessing the weapon(s). If I am understanding the text version of the report correctly, there was no confrontation with anyone while they were taking their walk babbling among themselves.

There is no question that they are a pack of knuckleheads who need to grow up, but I fail to see how, with or without legally possessed and carried weapons, they engaged in criminal behavior by engaging in a conversation among themselves the recording of which offended the sensibilities of subsequent viewers of the video. One thing of which I feel certain is that the media capitalized on the opportunity to find the least sympathetic public faces of gun ownership to lampoon in a way that is hidden when done by the left's legions of idiots.

As I understand the net result of the action and subsequent charges, and lack of any identified victim--to the extreme that they had to find someone WHO HAD SEEN THE VIDEO WITHOUT BEING ANYWHERE NEAR THEIR LITTLE HIKE to hold up as a victim--they are being charged with violating the directives of the thought police.

In the end, do I enjoy having to defend these imbeciles? No. Not one little bit. The problem is that if I don't, then eventually the problem works its way up to me as the thought police tighten the noose given that I have my share of thoughts which are unacceptable to the thought police, and as indicated by being an INGO member, so do you.

So far as I am concerned, if the only "victim" they can find feels distressed from watching a video (!), the powers that be need to shake their collective head at the stupidity and move on to something more important which I am certain is available given that Cincinnati has a crime problem reminiscent of Detroit, only not so fully matured.

THIS! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    :+1:

I just got scolded for handing out too much rep today, but you certainly deserve it.

I would add that all the rights addressed in the First Amendment, the rights to free speech, press, assembly, petition, and religion, necessarily rest on the concept of freedom of thought, the very foundation being attacked from every direction in today's society. Further, the freedom of thought will necessarily default at some point to the right to unpopular thoughts and the right to be wrong, neither of which are presently accepted, further complicated by the fact that the latter is generally a matter of opinion rather than objective fact, leading to our present batch of thought police assigning judgment of 'right' and 'wrong' based not on objective fact, but their opinions which are held up as social standards and in some cases legal standards. It is generally not this bad yet in the US, but a pastor can be arrested in Canada (Britain also, if I am not mistaken) for simply reading the Bible from cover to cover including those passages which step on some toes.

You are absolutely right! Those individuals may be nitwits, but they are indeed entitled to their rights of free speech, bearing arms, and perhaps most important, their right to their own thoughts and beliefs, no matter how strongly they may clash with ours.

Thanks

Not every pro-gun person is pro-freedom. In fact, many here seem to actually despise the very concept of Liberty, seeking only to maintain a popular light for their own personal preferences by disparaging anything different.

Don't expect too much from folks just because they own guns. I guess that should be applied to the subjects in the video as well.

Well said.

Top Bottom