Oh, this is a bad idea. Clinton, Sanders and OBummer targets..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "proper behavior" is one of those meaningless terms favored by churches and governments. Ask a Southern Baptist what "proper behavior" is. Then go ask a Muslim what "proper behavior" is. Meaningless.

I can cover the Southern Baptist side of this. Ask away.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    They have the right, that doesn't mean you should stand beside them and defend their practices, which are patently un American (discrimination based on religion)

There is a difference between a normal religion and islam. Although islam has a very big religious component to it, it is an entire ideology that includes government, and laws. (Laws that are incompatible with western civilization)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There is a difference between a normal religion and islam. Although islam has a very big religious component to it, it is an entire ideology that includes government, and laws. (Laws that are incompatible with western civilization)

Explain that to the millions of Muslims who get along just fine not mixing their religion and politics. Explain to some members of this forum how you have a better understanding of their entire religion than they do.

Just as there are many flavors of Christian who interpret the bible in a variety of ways, so Islam is has different interpretations.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

There is no mention of "normal religion" in the First Amendment. :dunno:

0c2398a2-abfb-4797-be87-1f2280a02338.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    That law is for the government. The government cannot prohibit any religion. A store owner should be able to, but laws have been passed that do not favor freedom, even if it's just freedom to be an ass. I've been in their crap hole part of the world, (3 times) fighting both with, and against muslims, and I'll be an ass every day to prevent them from ruining the rest of the world like they did the middle east. I'm not a racist or bigot about anything... except islam. I feel it is a very real threat to human civilization. YMMV.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That law is for the government. The government cannot prohibit any religion. A store owner should be able to, but laws have been passed that do not favor freedom, even if it's just freedom to be an ass. I've been in their crap hole part of the world, (3 times) fighting both with, and against muslims, and I'll be an ass every day to prevent them from ruining the rest of the world like they did the middle east. I'm not a racist or bigot about anything... except islam. I feel it is a very real threat to human civilization. YMMV.

As a veteran you are fighting to protect millions of American muslims, you fight with thousands of muslims who are your brothers in arms in the US military (many who also fought during the Revolutionary War to make that country the great country that it is now) ... and you fight against crazy people who happen to be muslim as well.

Those muslim US soldiers are also fighting against evil, they are not fighting against a religion.
    Some men are good, some are evil ... regardless of their religious.

You also have Chrisitan terrorists, but you wouldn't say you are fighting against Christianity when you are fighting them. :dunno:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    As a veteran you are fighting to protect millions of American muslims, you fight with thousands of muslims who are your brothers in arms in the US military (many who also fought during the Revolutionary War to make that country the great country that it is now) ... and you fight against crazy people who happen to be muslim as well.

Those muslim US soldiers are also fighting against evil, they are not fighting against a religion.
    Some men are good, some are evil ... regardless of their religious.

You also have Chrisitan terrorists, but you wouldn't say you are fighting against Christianity when you are fighting them. :dunno:

Out of 2.2 million American service men and women, less than 6,000 identify as Muslim. And I'm betting that they are more the "Islam as a social club" types than the Jihadi types. Although Fort Hood proved that this isn't always the case.

More than 5,000 Muslims Serving in US Military, Pentagon Says - ABC News

Islam is dangerous because it lends itself so easily to violence. Christianity, while certainly annoying (to me) in it's own right, does not even begin to approach the word-for-word justification for violence against non-believers that is present in the Islamic texts.

Don't start with "the majority of Muslims" BS, either. Only 7% of Germans belonged to the Nazi party in the 1930's - 40s. We all know how that worked out.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Unlike, say, Hinduism? Atheism? Christianity? Judaism? They all do have a complete worldview. Variants of Islam may be very Draconian, but... Heck, Christianity has been at odds with Western civilization since the 1960's.

Use an elevator on the Sabbath in an Orthodox community or Try and get a steak in Mumbai and then come back to this thread.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Out of 2.2 million American service men and women, less than 6,000 identify as Muslim. And I'm betting that they are more the "Islam as a social club" types than the Jihadi types. Although Fort Hood proved that this isn't always the case.

Islam is dangerous because it lends itself so easily to violence. Christianity, while certainly annoying (to me) in it's own right, does not even begin to approach the word-for-word justification for violence against non-believers that is present in the Islamic texts.

Don't start with "the majority of Muslims" BS, either. Only 7% of Germans belonged to the Nazi party in the 1930's - 40s. We all know how that worked out.

Well, it started with xenophobia and identifying one religion as the source of societies evil...

- JK (The one that did not invoke Goodwin's Law)

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Unlike, say, Hinduism? Atheism? Christianity? Judaism? They all do have a complete worldview. Variants of Islam may be very Draconian, but... Heck, Christianity has been at odds with Western civilization since the 1960's.

Use an elevator on the Sabbath in an Orthodox community or Try and get a steak in Mumbai and then come back to this thread.

The other religions you mention all want their's to be the one everybody believes, but they are not as brutal as islam. They protect themselves, but don't try to dominate the world by lethal force and terror tactics against the innocent.

As far as this thread goes, I think I'll just say I disagree, and bow out of this one.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

For hundreds of years Christians managed to use the Bible to do just that. As a religion it's grown up, Islam is a few hundred years behind in some places.
    In neither case is a religious text inherently blameworthy, it's all in the interpretation.
    God had Moses commit genocide, that's justified Christians killing more than a few non believers in the past.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The other religions you mention all want their's to be the one everybody believes, but they are not as brutal as islam. They protect themselves, but don't try to dominate the world by lethal force and terror tactics against the innocent.

As far as this thread goes, I think I'll just say I disagree, and bow out of this one.

What the.....?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Our personal experience influence our judgements differently, I suspect.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    For hundreds of years Christians managed to use the Bible to do just that. As a religion it's grown up, Islam is a few hundred years behind in some places.
    In neither case is a religious text inherently blameworthy, it's all in the interpretation.
    God had Moses commit genocide, that's justified Christians killing more than a few non believers in the past.

What happened 1000 years ago is less concerning to me than what happened last week. "But they did it too" sounds like a Hillary Clinton argument. And I'm pretty sure that it's quite a bit more difficult to twist the words of Jesus to justify violence than it is to "interpret" the plain speaking of a violent warlord. Do you know what the meaning of the word "is" is?

If it can all be "interpreted," then what's the point of religion? It's all based on human opinion at that point.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What happened 1000 years ago is less concerning to me than what happened last week. "But they did it too" sounds like a Hillary Clinton argument. And I'm pretty sure that it's quite a bit more difficult to twist the words of Jesus to justify violence than it is to "interpret" the plain speaking of a violent warlord. Do you know what the meaning of the word "is" is?

If it can all be "interpreted," then what's the point of religion? It's all based on human opinion at that point.

Really? Because you just posted a complaint about some religious event 6000+ years ago.

As to "interpret", I find it odd that two atheist are arguing about this.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Really? Because you just posted a complaint about some religious event 6000+ years ago.

As to "interpret", I find it odd that two atheist are arguing about this.

This isn't an inconsistency, unless you take the statements out of context and add your own meaning. I was responding to the idiocy of playing a numbers game with regards to how many people have been killed by this or that group. It wasn't a complaint. Especially since I don't believe it ever happened, but the people who love to call out Mao and Stalin sure do. It is possible to mention an "event" from long ago to argue a point, but still believe that what happened last week is more important than that event, or any event from 1000 years ago.

Top Bottom