• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OK, I was one of the first people complaining about the Star Trek "reboot". But as I kept reading more and more comments about how people accept different actors as Batman, or Superman, etc etc I started softening my stance a bit. I ended up liking (not loving, but liking) the "new" Star Trek.

I think something like this could be done for Star Wars. If they were to make the actual 7 8 and 9, those happen after the Luke, Leia and Han sagas, and would have to include them being played by younger actors, unless they were made WAY in the future of the timeline..

Have you SEEN Carrie Fisher lately? I vote for a younger actress :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So the new Star Wars will be a Disney musical? Suddenly episodes 1,2 and 3 look great!! Lol

:facepalm:

Look what Disney has done with the Marvel license. They have managed to re-boot that entire series *cough* Avengers (with part 2 and 3 already in the works), Capt. American, etc...

OK, I was one of the first people complaining about the Star Trek "reboot". But as I kept reading more and more comments about how people accept different actors as Batman, or Superman, etc etc I started softening my stance a bit. I ended up liking (not loving, but liking) the "new" Star Trek.

I think something like this could be done for Star Wars. If they were to make the actual 7 8 and 9, those happen after the Luke, Leia and Han sagas, and would have to include them being played by younger actors, unless they were made WAY in the future of the timeline..

Have you SEEN Carrie Fisher lately? I vote for a younger actress :D

No need for new actors to play han/luke/etc...
    Disney already has the technology to make a younger version of the same actor.

TRON Legacy was the test of that tech. Jeff Bridges looks alike the image below but in the movie he plays his current age (image with beard) and he also plays the enemy CLU (who did not age as he is a program)

TRON_JBriges_Clu_Kevin-768x1024.jpg

They can do that with the current actors as well as introduce the children of han/luke/leia to do star wars 10-13 +

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hakuna Chewbacca?
    :rolleyes:

My understanding is that Lucas's original episodes 7, 8, and 9 wound up rolled up in 6, ROTJ, and that after the fact, Zahn's book trilogy follow on to ROTJ were canonized by Lucas as being what he considers to be what happened after his original movie trilogy ended, so if they are to do movie episodes 7, 8, and 9 without using Zahn's original kernel for their plots, they're likely gonna get a SW fan riot to make the reception eps 1, 2, and 3 got look like the reception eps 4, 5, and 6 got.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Correct the original outline called for 9 chapters to the sw saga. By the time lucas was working on chpater 6 (he skipped 1-3) he was going thru a divorce, running low on cash, and had several other projects so he rolled up chpt 7-9 into 6 and called it a day in order to get sw off his plate at the time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll have to send you the link (when Ifind it) to another board that talked about this and had the links to interviews with lucas and others on rotj. He was going thru a lot emotionally at the time of the divorce and was running short on cash. He basiaclly wanted out of sw at that time.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'll have to send you the link (when Ifind it) to another board that talked about this and had the links to interviews with lucas and others on rotj. He was going thru a lot emotionally at the time of the divorce and was running short on cash. He basiaclly wanted out of sw at that time.

From articles I read years ago, Lucas had money issues for a couple years. That was one of the reasons he sold off Pixar in the mid 80's.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    As a huge Star Wars dork, I am happy to see Disney buy the Star Wars franchise. Lets face it, ROTJ was not even that great (Ewoks), not to mention Lucas's last three Star Wars films. Lucas tried to do to much himself and surrounded himself with yes men.

I believe Disney can bring back the greatness of the franchise.

UPDATE: BREAKING: 'Star Wars' Returns -- 'Episode 7' Slated For 2015 And More Movies Planned As Disney Buys Lucasfilm - Deadline.com

I am already making my directors list. . in no particular order.

Joss Whedon
    JJ Abrams
    John Favreau
    Christopher Nolan
    Bryan Singer

I was even thinking of adding Spielberg to the list, but then I remembered Indiana Jones And the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. :rolleyes:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was even thinking of adding Spielberg to the list, but then I remembered Indiana Jones And the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. :rolleyes:

Oh you CANNOT blam Spielberg for that one. It was a 3 way debate between Lucas, Spielberg ahd Ford on how Indy should be done. In the end they could NOT resolve their differences and all 3 of their ideas were mushed into one film. The result was :puke:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Oh you CANNOT blam Spielberg for that one. It was a 3 way debate between Lucas, Spielberg ahd Ford on how Indy should be done. In the end they could NOT resolve their differences and all 3 of their ideas were mushed into one film. The result was :puke:

Maybe not totally. . I think it would have been better had Lucas not been involved. But in the end Spielberg was the director, the buck stops with him. ;)

Top Bottom