• ...and so much more!
  • kcruisin

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2024
    North Alabama
    I think used Taco's might be in more demand. The prices for new ones are insane. I love the looks of the redesign, but no way I'd pay that for a midsize truck.
    I agree, I started with a salvage, it was crashed on 3 corners. I don't need airbags, that saved me about 8k.
    The useful load for a Tocoma is under a thousand pounds. That doesn't leave much room for armor, after real bumpers and a winch, racks and RTT, and 2 slim people.
    That's the worst of the damage, just the bumper frame. Tocos seem to be built tough. About all the parts that I replaced needed to be upgraded.
    If your state isn't too picky about a Rebuilt Title, that's a good way to go.
    IMG_20240319_104203145_HDR.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I agree, I started with a salvage, it was crashed on 3 corners. I don't need airbags, that saved me about 8k.
    The useful load for a Tocoma is under a thousand pounds. That doesn't leave much room for armor, after real bumpers and a winch, racks and RTT, and 2 slim people.
    That's the worst of the damage, just the bumper frame. Tocos seem to be built tough. About all the parts that I replaced needed to be upgraded.
    If your state isn't too picky about a Rebuilt Title, that's a good way to go.
    View attachment 368846
    You can do a lot of suspension upgrades for the money you're saving and then carry what you need just right.
    Indiana seems to be a very free state when it comes to rebuilding, as far as I know. I'm amazed what I read on mud about how the license branch checks VINs on title, frame, and axle and whatever else and they have to match. ETA wasn't clear at first, meant checking numbers in other states, like CA.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You can do a lot of suspension upgrades for the money you're saving and then carry what you need just right.
    Indiana seems to be a very free state when it comes to rebuilding, as far as I know. I'm amazed what I read on mud about how the license branch checks VINs on title, frame, and axle and whatever else and they have to match.

Indiana’s pretty lenient on salvage anyway. I had a hail damaged vehicle awhile back that was determined a total loss by the insurance company. I was able to recoup the cost of the vehicle and buy it back for 1/10th the payout, and since the damage was cosmetic, I didn’t need a salvage title.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Indiana’s pretty lenient on salvage anyway. I had a hail damaged vehicle awhile back that was determined a total loss by the insurance company. I was able to recoup the cost of the vehicle and buy it back for 1/10th the payout, and since the damage was cosmetic, I didn’t need a salvage title.
    I realized my post wasn't clear at all; I had meant to say the way the license branch checks for matching numbers in some other states is ridiculous. Indianas pretty free. I'm assuming that I'll take my title in on my completely Frankenstein build and they'll never even come out and look at it. No way to be able to do that in some states, and I don't understand the logic behind all the numbers matching just to get plates.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I realized my post wasn't clear at all; I had meant to say the way the license branch checks for matching numbers in some other states is ridiculous. Indianas pretty free. I'm assuming that I'll take my title in on my completely Frankenstein build and they'll never even come out and look at it. No way to be able to do that in some states, and I don't understand the logic behind all the numbers matching just to get plates.
    Oh, yeah. I got that out of your post. I was just furthering the idea that Indiana is pretty free on stuff across the board, which it should be.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sold my Jeep TJ this past week and picked up a new Bronco. Quite the jump I know, but I'm looking forward to doing some trail riding and light off-roading in it. 24' Badlands Sasquatch package. Let the mods and fun begin. $$$
    View attachment 370420View attachment 370421
    I don’t usually think green looks good on a vehicle. But that’s a really good green.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Sold my Jeep TJ this past week and picked up a new Bronco. Quite the jump I know, but I'm looking forward to doing some trail riding and light off-roading in it. 24' Badlands Sasquatch package. Let the mods and fun begin. $$$
    What engine is in it.? Can it tie anything over 2k pounds? I love the look and the size is oerfect. I am sure the aftermarket is available right now as they have been out long enough. Just never researched what the new bronco is.
    Please tell us what is good/bad about it.

I have a old ranger ( 1994 ) that is over 250k miles so ford/mazda can make stuff that you can drive a very long time dependably.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    What engine is in it.? Can it tie anything over 2k pounds? I love the look and the size is oerfect. I am sure the aftermarket is available right now as they have been out long enough. Just never researched what the new bronco is.
    Please tell us what is good/bad about it.

I have a old ranger ( 1994 ) that is over 250k miles so ford/mazda can make stuff that you can drive a very long time dependably.
    It's got the 2.7 V6 EcoBoost. Pretty sure the towing capacity is 3,500 Lbs. but I'd have to double check that, I know it's in the 3,000 range.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Some Broncos look really small and sissified. This is not that, looks good.

Are there hardtop options for winter?

What mods would you like to do?

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Some Broncos look really small and sissified. This is not that, looks good.

Are there hardtop options for winter?

What mods would you like to do?
    Yes, they make a hard-top version but my Jeep was a soft-top and is not that bad in the winter. Just have to keep heavy snows from building up on it to prevent the weight causing it to sag.

Smaller mods are paint match letters, door sill protectors, window tint, front tow shackles, snubby attena, and maybe a hood deflector.

Some of the bigger more expensive mods are winch and winch mount, fog/ditch/off-road lights, and a different rear bumper. It's kinda odd that on this particular trim level it comes with a modular metal font bumper, but a plastic rear bumper.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Yes, they make a hard-top version but my Jeep was a soft-top and is not that bad in the winter. Just have to keep heavy snows from building up on it to prevent the weight causing it to sag.

Smaller mods are paint match letters, door sill protectors, window tint, front tow shackles, snubby attena, and maybe a hood deflector.

Some of the bigger more expensive mods are winch and winch mount, fog/ditch/off-road lights, and a different rear bumper. It's kinda odd that on this particular trim level it comes with a modular metal font bumper, but a plastic rear bumpe
    For light offroading and trail running east of the Rockies rarely are a winch and winch mount needed.(I say this but I have rear lockers and a trac) Stay out of the sticky mud /rivers in Arkansas. Not a must have but more of an extra. If a road/trail looks like **** smells like **** you don't have to taste it to make sure it is ****. Back up and turn around.

The approach departure angle and clearance above ground are important and the rear bumper with a swing out carrier if the spare is the lowest point under the SUV. Lift? Larger tires? Give more clearance but cost gas mileage and ride quality at highway speeds. I think many put them on because they do look very good.

A bull bar and ditch lights will help with the deer collisions which at least in this state is always an issue at least in November. Aluminum over steel for weight as I bet the GMVR is not huge on a bronco.

Get it off road on a track you have run with the jeep and see what it does. Make adjustments accordingly and to your

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    For light offroading and trail running east of the Rockies rarely are a winch and winch mount needed.(I say this but I have rear lockers and a trac) Stay out of the sticky mud /rivers in Arkansas. Not a must have but more of an extra. If a road/trail looks like **** smells like **** you don't have to taste it to make sure it is ****. Back up and turn around.

The approach departure angle and clearance above ground are important and the rear bumper with a swing out carrier if the spare is the lowest point under the SUV. Lift? Larger tires? Give more clearance but cost gas mileage and ride quality at highway speeds. I think many put them on because they do look very good.

A bull bar and ditch lights will help with the deer collisions which at least in this state is always an issue at least in November. Aluminum over steel for weight as I bet the GMVR is not huge on a bronco.

Get it off road on a track you have run with the jeep and see what it does. Make adjustments accordingly and to your
    I’ve had a few vehicles with winches and you’re right, it’s rare to use them.
    But I just have to have a Warn 8274 for my FJ build!
    Oh, the vanity.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Some of the bigger more expensive mods are winch and winch mount, fog/ditch/off-road lights, and a different rear bumper. It's kinda odd that on this particular trim level it comes with a modular metal font bumper, but a plastic rear bumper.
    Go portals or stay home!!!!!

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers

I have all of the smaller mods you mentioned on my 23 Wildtrack, but the one which is absolutely crucial is the hood deflector. I can't remember what the model I have is, but it is a Ford offering I think. Cosmetically, I don't really love it, but I will tell you that it keeps your windshield clean about 10x longer than without.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have all of the smaller mods you mentioned on my 23 Wildtrack, but the one which is absolutely crucial is the hood deflector. I can't remember what the model I have is, but it is a Ford offering I think. Cosmetically, I don't really love it, but I will tell you that it keeps your windshield clean about 10x longer than without.
    Already ordered the hood deflector, used my Ford points to get it. Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday!

Top Bottom