Official Status Update Thread 199 Is it Spring yet..??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi Act

Looks like everyone left you.

Busy day here today. Went and cleaned my parents' house after my son and I had a nice chat on the phone. Came home and hubby said we were going to Koontz Lake to have dinner with some friends...so off to the bar we went. I feel like I haven't gotten anything done here at home, but I did manage to do a few things before I left. Hauled in firewood and apparently forgot to flip the flue lever on the wood stove before I left. Luckily, I hadn't put a lot of wood in it so I didn't burn the house down. I kept thinking there was something I was forgetting but couldn't figure out what it was...until I got home and he told me that the lever was up....could have been bad.

I have no idea what we are doing tomorrow. I am hoping he has no plans so I can get a few things caught up before going back to work on Monday.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm glad I got the cleaning done today. Next week is going to be busier. Mom has issues with asthma type stuff so the dog hair bothers her. I think she has been coughing less since I've been helping with the cleaning.

We also had a good talk about some things related to their estate. My sister had someone interested in buying all of dad's leather carving tools. He had previously promised them to my son. Since his stroke, he doesn't remember that. I happened to overhear a phone call from my sister the last time I was there to clean that she had a buyer for all of his tools, etc. related to the leather carving/shop. It upset me that they were considering selling this stuff without asking family first if anyone was interested.

When I asked mom today about the situation and explained that my son was interested, she said they are his then and they won't sell them. So...we discussed what things in the shop they could sell...things like sides of leather that could be replaced fairly easily when needed, but mom and dad both agreed that the tools will not be sold. She has books she has been writing in as to which of the kids/grandkids will receive certain items when they are gone so it is now in the book. My son will be relieved. He really has a connection with my dad related to the artwork.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It seems that some things can bring out the worst in people. :(
    I'm glad your son is getting the carving stuff. It is a nice way of bonding.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It can. My sister made it sound like my parents needed the money. They assured me today that was not the case and that they had not even thought about selling the stuff until she called and said she had someone that wanted to buy it all. I assured them that it was important enough to me that I would be glad to pay them market value and/or have it subtracted from my share of the estate and given to my siblings. They appreciated it but assured me, that was not necessary. I was glad mom wrote it down so nobody forgets that we discussed it. Their memories are not good anymore.

My dad gave me the last two pictures he started carving before his stroke and asked me to save them in a safe place for my son to finish later. His hands shake too much for him to do the carving now, but I know my son would like to spend more time with him getting instruction, etc. I hope he returns at least for a visit while my dad is still with us.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It can. My sister made it sound like my parents needed the money. They assured me today that was not the case and that they had not even thought about selling the stuff until she called and said she had someone that wanted to buy it all. I assured them that it was important enough to me that I would be glad to pay them market value and/or have it subtracted from my share of the estate and given to my siblings. They appreciated it but assured me, that was not necessary. I was glad mom wrote it down so nobody forgets that we discussed it. Their memories are not good anymore.

My dad gave me the last two pictures he started carving before his stroke and asked me to save them in a safe place for my son to finish later. His hands shake too much for him to do the carving now, but I know my son would like to spend more time with him getting instruction, etc. I hope he returns at least for a visit while my dad is still with us.

That's awesome.
    I never met my mother's father.
    My dad's father died while I was in the navy. I wish I had talked to him more.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad night, Haven.

My son keeps asking if he should call my dad and try talking on the phone. After the stroke, he was hard to communicate with, but that has improved a lot. I asked my mom today if dad talks on the phone much and she seemed excited about my son taking the time to call. Dad has very few friends left and the ones that are, don't get out much so he has very few visitors. I'm going to talk to Anthony tomorrow and encourage him to make the call. I know my dad would love to hear about what he is doing and seeing since dad's family is from the area where Anthony is staying.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    A vendor had a new version of their application for us to deploy. The new version had an issue. I tried to fix it, but we were running out of time. So it was rolling back the deployment and we can try again in a few weeks.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I hate computer issues.

My mom had me look at their computer today. Dad mostly uses it to play games..solitaire. Mom has some files on it, but none of them will open. It appears that her Microsoft office is no longer installed. She has XP on it...so it is old. I may still have a disk around here that has that on it, but they don't have internet there so I'm not sure I could activate it even if I have a disk that might work. I told her I would save the files to a jump drive or external hard drive and bring that home so I can at least print off copies of things she might need.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I hate computer issues.

My mom had me look at their computer today. Dad mostly uses it to play games..solitaire. Mom has some files on it, but none of them will open. It appears that her Microsoft office is no longer installed. She has XP on it...so it is old. I may still have a disk around here that has that on it, but they don't have internet there so I'm not sure I could activate it even if I have a disk that might work. I told her I would save the files to a jump drive or external hard drive and bring that home so I can at least print off copies of things she might need.

I hate that. When you have files, and the program no longer exists, or is incompatible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom