• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Well, I've been hemming and hawing back and forth on what to make of my Ingo lower, but I finally made a decision. I decided to go basic, but with top notch components. I just ordered a Palmetto State Armory upper with mid-length gas system and standard hand guards. The best part is the barrel. It is made by FN and is cold hammer forged "machine gun steel", which is the alloy they use in the M240 and M249 barrels made for the US Military. It also has a chrome lining said to be twice as thick as typical or standard. I've read that BCM and Daniel Defense use the same process for a thicker chrome lining, but I'm not completely sure. Anyway, this upper is now on sale for $299, so I couldn't pass it up. I also ordered their premium bolt/carrier group with carpenter 158 bolt and 120 rounds of American Eagle Ammo for 99 bucks. That's hard to beat.

Most of my ARs have been PSA builds, including premium uppers and lowers with CMMG lower parts kits. They have all been 100% good to go, including the BCG's, so needless to say, I like their stuff.

For the rest of the build, I'll probably go with either a Magpul CTR stock or a Mission 1st Tactical lightweight. I'm also slightly tempted to go with a Magpul MOE rifle stock. (Maybe.) I've got a mid length PSA with that set up and the recoil reduction compared to a carbine is noticeable. Either way, I like simplicity and I don't hang a bunch of stuff like lights and lasers on my rifles. Ultimately, there will be a Trijicon MRO and flip up BUIS to complete the build.

It will be awhile, but I'll post pics when it starts to come together. I also have to pick an LPK for this one. I do like the CMMG's, if I can find one for a deal.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Getting ready for the INGO#3 lower group buy.

Got my upper assy on it's way, should be here by the end of the week. https://www.classicfirearms.com/ril...238525357&mc_cid=bbb5085396&mc_eid=a553634d01

Also ordered a Hogue grip & buttstock. https://www.classicfirearms.com/hogue-ar-m16-kit-stock-and-grip-15056

All I need now is a buffer tube assy, and a lower parts kit. On the lower parts kits, I've been looking around at a few but if haven't seen any that jump out at me just yet. I'd like to have a smooth trigger pull if I can find one for a fair price. I would like to stay under $200 if I can. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dave.

I know this reply might miss you but I like what I see at RedBarnArmory.com Buy your parts kit in custom pieces with the ability to choose your trigger, pistol grip, and safety selector.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    loctite on a fixed buttstock?

I'm changing out lower receivers on two builds, and just had a dickens of a time removing the A2 screw from my fixed buttstock.

The original kit had red Loctite on the buttstock screw (which I had forgotten). Apparently when I tried to tap out the screw the heat loosened it up enough to finally remove it.

Does it really make sense to attach the stock to the buffer tube this firmly? Or just tighten it down the old natural way?

Also, watching the MidwayUSA video on assembling a lower, Potterfield was using blue Loctite to mount the buffer tube to the receiver. Again, does this make sense?

What say the master builders here on INGO? :ingo:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm changing out lower receivers on two builds, and just had a dickens of a time removing the A2 screw from my fixed buttstock.

The original kit had red Loctite on the buttstock screw (which I had forgotten). Apparently when I tried to tap out the screw the heat loosened it up enough to finally remove it.

Does it really make sense to attach the stock to the buffer tube this firmly? Or just tighten it down the old natural way?

Also, watching the MidwayUSA video on assembling a lower, Potterfield was using blue Loctite to mount the buffer tube to the receiver. Again, does this make sense?

What say the master builders here on INGO? :ingo:
    The DIY youtubes I've seen actually said to put grease on the buffer tube threads so that's pretty much diametrically opposed to blue loctite. :scratch:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    INGO lower #33 checking in.

Magpul MOE lower with upgraded trigger option from Tom's tactical.

My first build ever. Overall it went good besides my punch slipping off the roll pin for the bolt catch release and marking the slide up slightly. My own fault, I knew I didn't have the right punches and proceeded anyways. Overall though it turned out good.

20161104_155246_zpsaar0md29.jpg

Here is a picture of it mated up to my M&P 15 upper for a function check. Everything checked out good!

20161104_161836_zpsrqar8pnp_edit_1478351090529_zps52hwlw9c.jpg

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    INGO lower #33 checking in.

Magpul MOE lower with upgraded trigger option from Tom's tactical.

My first build ever. Overall it went good besides my punch slipping off the roll pin for the bolt catch release and marking the slide up slightly. My own fault, I knew I didn't have the right punches and proceeded anyways. Overall though it turned out good.

20161104_155246_zpsaar0md29.jpg

Here is a picture of it mated up to my M&P 15 upper for a function check. Everything checked out good!

20161104_161836_zpsrqar8pnp_edit_1478351090529_zps52hwlw9c.jpg

Looks very nice.
    Still working on both of ours. SWMBO just got her 9mm pistol done this week. It was supposed be on an INGO lower but the Hahn block would NOT fit it either one. We had to take apart another rifle (a CMMG lower) and turn that into the 9mm. She's not sure what she wants to do with her's now.

Mine isn't built yet either. I planned on a 8-9" 300 Blackout pistol. It was just going to be a cheap range toy but I'm having trouble finding one in stock when I have the extra cash laying around. I'm probably going to end up with a Bravo upper, they seem to be in stock all the time.

Of course that adds extra cost for the reloading & casting dies, molds, and components.

3K medical bill kind of put a damper on things.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My build is finally done. Irons went on tonight. Daniel Defense fixed front site and MaTech flip up rear.

Now to go shoot it! :ar15:

20161118_180929_zpsdbyc5wyr.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My build is finally done. Irons went on tonight. Daniel Defense fixed front site and MaTech flip up rear.

Now to go shoot it! :ar15:

20161118_180929_zpsdbyc5wyr.jpg

Got her zeroed in this morning. I was a bit surprised that I had to dial the rear sight post almost all the way over to the right. Otherwise, I can tell this is going to be a tack driver.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Got her zeroed in this morning. I was a bit surprised that I had to dial the rear sight post almost all the way over to the right. Otherwise, I can tell this is going to be a tack driver.

Do you have any adjustment in your hand guard? Sounds likexciting perhaps there is a little cant in the front sight if you have to adjust that much windage to zero.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Do you have any adjustment in your hand guard? Sounds likexciting perhaps there is a little cant in the front sight if you have to adjust that much windage to zero.

I am thinking this may be the issue as well. I just mounted the front sight the other day. I need to double check that it's flush and flat on the rail.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I am thinking this may be the issue as well. I just mounted the front sight the other day. I need to double check that it's flush and flat on the rail.

Sounds good. Also check to see if you are able to rotate the handguard slightly. Many times due to manufacturing tolerances the flat top upper and top rail of a handguard won't be perfectly parallel to the bore axis. I have a M&P15 that is like this. Maybe only a 1 deg difference, but enough that I had a similar issue with windange being way out. I was able to rotate the handguard just a smidge and things came back in.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    ^^^That's from the 1st group buy on these...I just picked up my lower from the most recent one as well. It will hopefully become an 18" SPR unless I get distracted again...

Top Bottom