• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think they look nice but am wondering if the brass screws help or hurt it. I'm not sure. But, I am never sure about things like that. I really try not to think about it or I will spend an entire evening going back and forth. ;)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I didn't like the black screws with the stag, so I ordered the brass on ebay. Whether I use the black or the brass, I'm going to have to file them down just a hair because the stag is thinner than the rubber, and if I tighten them all the way, I can't drop the mags.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    IMG_20160622_175600284_zpssk9nzvlt.jpg

Small family here too. Just ordered steal rods and #14 springs for both from Cajun Gun Works thanks to T-DOGG.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I ordered the wood grips for the Compact, and they would not fit. I decided to hold onto them, and funny, they fit the PCR. What's even more funny, the rubber grips from the PCR fit the Compact. Just used the factory screws, so no scratches. Love my CZs!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I ordered the wood grips for the Compact, and they would not fit. I decided to hold onto them, and funny, they fit the PCR. What's even more funny, the rubber grips from the PCR fit the Compact. Just used the factory screws, so no scratches. Love my CZs!

I ordered wood grips for my 75 compact from Midway USA and they didn't fit. They also didn't fit the PCR or the P01. I sent them back for replacement and the new ones fit all 3 models.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I recently refinished this transitional CZ 75. This is my budget build gun. I bought the gun for $299 and added a lightened firing pin spring and trigger spring along with an extended firing pin. While apart, I did a bit of minor polish work to the internals, but it really did not need it. It was well worn in already. The hammer is out of my Compact 75B and has the hooks reduced to just over .020 from the stock .040 or more. The finish is a mix of a couple of bottles of Duracoat I had left over from past projects. I have a set of Meprolites on order. With the stock main spring, I'm getting 2.75lbs SA and 6.5lbs DA trigger pulls, with a buttery smooth action. So far, with gun, springs, firing pin, grips and sights, I'm into it for about $475.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I recently refinished this transitional CZ 75. This is my budget build gun. I bought the gun for $299 and added a lightened firing pin spring and trigger spring along with an extended firing pin. While apart, I did a bit of minor polish work to the internals, but it really did not need it. It was well worn in already. The hammer is out of my Compact 75B and has the hooks reduced to just over .020 from the stock .040 or more. The finish is a mix of a couple of bottles of Duracoat I had left over from past projects. I have a set of Meprolites on order. With the stock main spring, I'm getting 2.75lbs SA and 6.5lbs DA trigger pulls, with a buttery smooth action. So far, with gun, springs, firing pin, grips and sights, I'm into it for about $475.

Awesome CZ!psyko

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Awesome 88. For less than $500 you have a sweet handgun. If you can do the work yourself that is certainly the way to go.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. I'm quickly becoming a believer in the transitional 75s as one of the best made. You still retain the simple mechanical function while gaining the benefit of later enhancements like dovetail sights and easier safety lever removal.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm starting to like the transitionals more and and more, also. I was slightly disappointed I ended up with two when I'd rather have the pre B with the spur hammer and rounded trigger guard, but not now.

I've detail stripped one and am in the process of cleaning it up really thoroughly. Definitely liking it as well or better than my older pre B's.

I don't have the skills to make it look as nice as Tim's, but I look forward to some new grips, probably light colored wood, and gloss blue. I have had decent results with birchwood Casey believe it or not. And definitely sights. My RAMI was one of the many that came with the LPA rear, so I've long since switched it out. Maybe it will end up on one of these.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thanks guys. I'm quickly becoming a believer in the transitional 75s as one of the best made. You still retain the simple mechanical function while gaining the benefit of later enhancements like dovetail sights and easier safety lever removal.
    I love both of my transitionals. If someone out there is looking for one I think this is an interesting example. You will notice it has the easily changeable front sights and ring hammer but it still has the rounded trigger guard. I would guess this probably takes the A magazines but that is fixable. Something about this one just calls to me but I can't swing it right now. Someone "in the family" should pick this up. My gut, and I have a lot of it, tells me to get this. It doesn't lead me wrong very often.

Pre-B Transition CZ-75 Pistol 9mm para MFG 1992 : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

I like that, great job on it. looks sweet!

Top Bottom