• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My Blackwidow HS grip fits good, any sleeve would make it too fat. Gotta run it neked :(
    Did notice last year the synth stock on my 700 was a bit chilly on the cheek when yoting.
    I'm wussing out as I get older.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    went and scouted some public land for a couple of hours. Top of a ridge, big pines, LOTS of BIG tracks.

1489063_10151881562168528_1025834618_n.jpg

I'll be back

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Brown is finally down!! God its been a rough couple years hunting. Saw more deer in 1 group (5) last night that the entire hunting season till then. Good doe for the freezer. Field dressed at 102 lbs.photo.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    flooding in southern IN, didn't even mess with it today.

Might try to hunt tomorrow afternoon... be my like all of the big uns have shed their antlers, lol.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    IMG_20131222_160601_668_zpsyldj6tgx.jpg

Saw more deer in twenty minutes tonight than I've seen all season.

Watched a 4 point cross the little creek in front of me at 4:40, 2 does on the other side of the neighbor's fence at 4:45 to my left and then a young 6 point on the same trail as the 4pt at 5:05.

I was pretty miserable until all this kicked off. It wasn't raining when I arrived, so I let my treebrella in the truck.... yup, as soon as I get up, it's starts coming down and gets cold. The boy was nice and cozy in his blind, so I couldn't wuss out, lol.

I ended up taking off a glove and putting it over the end of my ML to keep it dry.

From 5:10 to 5:25, I had four BIG does work up towards me from a bottom through a bunch of thick stuff. By the time I could finally figure out which one was the biggest they were about 50 yards out heading to the field above me.

They grouped up just before entering the field and I pulled off the glove and put the crosshair on the biggest one and let the muzzleloader bark.

Smoke cleared and all four deer just stood there looking at each other... and "I could not have missed this close" goes through my mind... then I look and see a branch from the tree I'm in shaking... then I see where my bullet split said branch....

The deer had cleared all the thick stuff and I don't take into account what's right next to me, that's hunting, lol.

I'll be back in there with my bow later in the week.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My deer spot has a creek running through it, well more like a river now. That'll kill crossing traffic, but maybe contain some movement on field side.
    Might be worth a bowhunt or two.
    Dunno, aint shot the Widow for 3 weeks. Ugh.

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Freezer is full from an elk (cousin and uncle both shot one one their trip so they let me have all the elk meaty freezer could hold) and a buck so I have been doing some put and take upland hunts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      648 KB · Views: 17
    Top Bottom