• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wish I could get out there. I just hqve no place to go. I'm still learning but I'm dying to get out there, even if I don't see anything. I don't have tags or probably the best or right equipment but if its legal I will run it if need be to just get a chance to get something.

Make sure you are legal and start walking public ground.
    Now's the best time to cut your teeth. The banjos quit playing after gun season ends. :):

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Could get up the hills to get to the farm after the snow.

Heading out here in a bit to see if we can get out there and do some trailing, spot n stalk.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I'm ready to be done with deer and start blasting yotes.
    They are massing here for an attack. A few nights ago when the power finally cut out, like a bad SYFY movie they opened up as if on que the very second the lights cut out. They were only 30-40 yards away and I just shined the spot light in their direction. Had it not been 25 below and if they had been on my side of the river I would have headed out.

There is at least one other pack on my side but soon they will all use the frozen river to travel at night. Our paths will cross. The Wolf presence just up stream has increased greatly this year and I think they are pushing the coyotes my way. They have been just out of sight since we moved here in June. This early and very cold winter will have them looking for food where they can get it. I am looking to connect on a few.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    Man I love this time of year!!! Went out this morning and seen several but all just out of bow range. I think the deer are finally starting to move more, now that the boom sticks have slowed down.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Windy and cold, crappy day. Saw zero squirrel and rabbit (we drove around at dawn and saw the deer next woods over moveing to next next woods over LOL).
    Small 8 with 4 does. Our little deer thicket had none, and we've seen tons of rabbits.................but not a track out there, they've been down the holes the last 2 days.
    Probably be a zoo tomorrow............when we're at work.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Went out Sunday and saw nada, and had things on the hunny do list to cross off today. I'll be out trying them again tomorrow, fog is rolling in now and I hope its not too thick in the a.m..

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Saw a BIG feeder next to a woods way across the field from us. No shots heard from there opening of gun. Suspect another feeder at next woods (where we saw the 8pt with does). That would explain the lack of movement.................no pressure at those 2 places and plenty of cover as well.

I'm itchin' to blast one with my Python after Xmas. I know I need another if I'm gonna have any steaks to grill come better weather.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Pretty good morning in the stand. Had 3 does come across in into the woods about 10:15 but never came into bow range. Closest they got was about 75 yards. Got a good pic that I'll post up later. Lunch time now and warm up a bit then back out for the evening hunt.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Last night I saw 3 does around last last about 50 yards away in some thick stuff. They were moving towards a power line cut I was sitting next too, but they must have crossed instead of coming up to the field.

Gonna move down a little closer this evening and see how it works out.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    LOL, I got back up to my truck just after 6:00 and a BIG FAT DOE walks out onto the field about 125 yards away.

Love them "after last light" deer, they know when it's safe to move.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Here's the pic of the 3 does I saw this a.m..

Jumped up 2 more this evening on my walk to the stand. They were laying in a tall grassy spot catching some sun. The rest of the evening was a bust tho. Overall, great day in the woods.

Top Bottom