• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My new crossbow string, along with a spare string and stringer get delivered today.

Of course this sucks, because I have to go to the junior deerslayer's middle school band concert tonight ::crying:

I'll be at it after work tomorrow and some over the weekend.

I've already scheduled off Wed-Fri of next week for my first real attemp at hunting the rut.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Do you have to break in a crossbow string like a bow string?

My new crossbow string, along with a spare string and stringer get delivered today.

Of course this sucks, because I have to go to the junior deerslayer's middle school band concert tonight ::crying:

I'll be at it after work tomorrow and some over the weekend.

I've already scheduled off Wed-Fri of next week for my first real attemp at hunting the rut.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I ratteled in a basket 8 this morning @8:45. Had him broadside at 14 yds.
    Get out there guys, they are starting to respond.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    new string is on, will hit the archery range at lunch and make sure she's flying straight and hit the woods after work.

Excited? A little :D

tredwing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2012
    I ratteled in a basket 8 this morning @8:45. Had him broadside at 14 yds.
    Get out there guys, they are starting to respond.

Just wondering since your from northern Indiana, do you hunt there or some place else? Personally, I do some near Michigan City. I sure like it when the bucks get active and start the rutt.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Last week shot the bow for first time since last season, still good out to 50 yds. 5 trips out seen only 1 small forkhorn an yearling...this a.m. saw a buck 200 yds out in field, grunted several times but he was moving an didn't hear, grunted again at 5 min, then again....will crap, its too early...then I grunted 4 times as loud as I could an 40 seconds later out of the thick brush 35 yds. away came a buck straight for my tree! I barely got my bow an release on...sun was in bucks eyes, wind perfect....he stepped behind a big walnut an I drew, he went behind the next big tree an I aimed, he stepped out an came almost broadside at about 15 yds, had the Hoyts 10 yd. pin right on the spot, rock steady an release.....the Easton an Muzzy struck perfect double lung, suprized it wasn't a pass through, stopped at the feathers....then as almost always he ran 150 yds out in a field, turned broadside....an finally fell over.
    Called my son...he answered an said he was hunting too an had just missed a doe at 30 yds.....he came over an help me drag my buck back 100 or so yds wher we could pick it up...man I'm thankful for young legs cause I'm getting to old for this dragging. My poor son has help me drag deer since he could walk...lol....but true. He told me he had found blood on his arrow, so he didn't miss the doe. We went back to his spot an found the doe about 50 yds away from where he shot it...his first Bow kill !!!!

picture.php

notice the INGO sticker?

Last edited:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    My buddy got this buck this morning. 175 lbs. dressed. Still no luck for me however. He said it was all recorded as well. I will have to share the video when he posts it.

seansbuck.jpg

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Few does and a small 6 point this evening. someone beat me to the spot I wanted to hunt.

I'll be in my fav spot in the morning, will be my first morning sit there.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I had a guy out scouting around my neighbors woods today. He was driving greenways around woods. He doesn't have permission to hunt any of the surrounding woods. Gonna have to keep an eye out for him.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Hunting public land, and I got started late...I saw 2 deer around 3:15 one was a nice buck passed by at 70 yards heading to doe bedding area. Later 4:45 saw a smaller buck chasing 2 does, he brought them by 3 times but just out or bow range.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I been reading some of these post.
    I just have to say i love how some guys can field score ( the size) of a buck they see walking around in the wild.
    If they are that good I sure hope they do it for a living because i'm sure there are those who would pay money to have someone working for them that can field judge a deer (matter of factly) with out even putting a tape on them:D:D

Just like those that see deer that they can drive a pick up throught the main beams with the doors open and not hit a tine.:laugh::laugh:

I watched a 273 7/16 inch buck wlak by and i passed because It had 2 tater digger and I wasn't looking for a tater digger buck:cool:

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Hunted between 2 cedar thickets had a nice 8 with all his tine broke his right side come in and service a scrape,lick the limb,nothing else followed. Last year had 3 bucks do the same all in the span of an hour. Yesterday hunted the same place and he found a girl friend. Nothing else showed up. Been a rough year in my woods. Big 10 got hit by a car when they combined the corn. Then another buck got his head cut off in the same area.Dont know how big he was. Saw another buck yesterday, with his rack cut off 75 yds off road. Looked like a mature buck.Wide eyes.
    I saw one nice deer allyear he was a 120 class,and I passed on him.
    Still love to be in the woods,just havent seen the deer that we usually do.
    Found a nice 8 skull mount too. He would have been a nice one this year.

picture.php

Top Bottom