• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    i just got some carrots out of the garden this week. Some of them were pretty oversized, but they still taste good. i had kinda given up on them.
    i have lettuce and spinach in a small cold frame, and some cilantro.

this year, i've been thinking about trying some new things and was wondering if anyone else had tried them.

Mache or Corn Salad
    Egg Plant I've never been a big fan, but once in awhile I like it, sometimes it is too bitter. I am a big fan of grilled veggies though, so i thought maybe i should give it a try. Are there any varieties someone would reccommend?
    Cabbage maybe, would like a smaller variety. I normally don't do all that well with things in the brassica group, like broccoli, brussels sprouts and cauliflower.
    Kale
    Strawberries want a variety that would work in one of those growing bags, so i can keep it away from the rabbits. Last time I tried some, the rabbits destroyed almost every one.

Anything healthy and good on the grill is a plus! I typically grill zucchini, tomtatoes, peppers, onions, asparagus and corn on the cob. I'm probably forgetting something.

I like potatoes, but don't have a huge property, so don't know if it would be worth it, and we only eat them 1-2 times a week. I wish I liked some of the winter squashes more, but so far, i don't. They're OK, but i'd probably just let them spoil. Anyone ever tried Ground Cherries?
    I have a ton of seed catalogs to choose from.
    I am making more work for myself, i guess!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    i just got some carrots out of the garden this week. Some of them were pretty oversized, but they still taste good. i had kinda given up on them.
    i have lettuce and spinach in a small cold frame, and some cilantro.

this year, i've been thinking about trying some new things and was wondering if anyone else had tried them.

Mache or Corn Salad
    Egg Plant I've never been a big fan, but once in awhile I like it, sometimes it is too bitter. I am a big fan of grilled veggies though, so i thought maybe i should give it a try. Are there any varieties someone would reccommend?
    Cabbage maybe, would like a smaller variety. I normally don't do all that well with things in the brassica group, like broccoli, brussels sprouts and cauliflower.
    Kale
    Strawberries want a variety that would work in one of those growing bags, so i can keep it away from the rabbits. Last time I tried some, the rabbits destroyed almost every one.

Anything healthy and good on the grill is a plus! I typically grill zucchini, tomtatoes, peppers, onions, asparagus and corn on the cob. I'm probably forgetting something.

I like potatoes, but don't have a huge property, so don't know if it would be worth it, and we only eat them 1-2 times a week. I wish I liked some of the winter squashes more, but so far, i don't. They're OK, but i'd probably just let them spoil. Anyone ever tried Ground Cherries?
    I have a ton of seed catalogs to choose from.
    I am making more work for myself, i guess!
    Wanna beat the rabbits? Pee around the garden occasionally or buy granular bobcat urine....I have a bunch of "training scent" used for training dogs that works well too, I have lion, bobcat and bear that all seem to work. The stuff I have is made by "National Scent Co.".

Top Bottom