Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The law doesn't force me to carry it, as said earlier. It's another one of those "Well do it anyway to prove you aren't bad" sorts of situations. If they're going to detain me, they can look it up themselves. I wasn't breaking any laws as far as carrying my firearm went.

similar to saying "Well, just CC anyway then you won't have problems."

"Good judgement comes from experience, Son"
    "How do I get experience, Dad?"

"Generally comes from bad judgement"

Get your doo doo together b4 you hit the street. Then you don't have to come here and suffer the appropriate abuse dished out to the unprepared. Sure, you can choose to be right and have to deal with situations like you've described. Or you can save yourself the aggravation and be right with the appropriate paperwork that says you're right. Second option is usually preferred.
    But it's your life. Screw it up as you see fit.:dunno:

And for the record OC is OK with me. I do it some too. Just use your noodle.

Last edited:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    ...and this is why i conceal carry...and have a valid drivers license

Please read my sig line, and line under my Username... JFC and get over it!!!

CC, OC... it doesn't matter, the Ill tempered, ill-informed, superior feeling LEO will still hassle you if given half a chance! We as a community and as society have got to quit bickering and support each other! We all ***** and whine about how bad the country has gotten, but yet here wee are shredding a citizen who was doing nothing wrong, not guildty of anything other than a bureaucratic SNAFU! We should be supporting each other, contacting the CO of the officers who harassed and embarrassed a citizen for no reason to demand better treatment! We should be petitioning our elected officials to change the existing laws, not scrutinizing every last move and choice of our compatriots!

We need to organize and begin applying pressure on our government... I mean we have over 26,000 people... surely even half of those numbers should garner some attention.

Can we not try and put some of our opinions and differences aside and work for our greater good?

Last edited:

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I don't know, maybe that little pink card called a permit. The entire situation could have been simplified by not forgetting it in the first place.

1. It's not a "permit".
    2. You don't have to carry it.

If you are the police, please learn the law before you cost the taxpayers alot of $$.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Nice and fresh incident, about 10 min ago.

I walk into Subway on 86th st. Two ISP officers were eating. One nodded at me and said "Do you have your permit?"

I said I didn't have it on me, but I am licensed. The other said "You have to have your permit to carry."

The first one told me to raise my hands as he got up. He unholstered and removed my magazine. I sat down at the next booth as they talked to me.

Place was full of people, everyone staring. He asked for my ID so he could see if they could run in and check if I'm licensed. They got on the radio.

During this time, the officer on the radio asked me if I've taken any classes. I said I have not, as it isn't required in IN. He said "Does that make you proud? Carrying this around like that? Are you proud of that?"

Radio got back and verified I was licensed, but showed my DL was suspended (BMV f*ckup, not mine). Officer said "Did you drive here?" I said yes. He said "How are you leaving here?" I laughed a bit, and said I'm not. He said to find another ride, and gave me the gun, magazine, and chamber round back. He said if I don't, I'll have two troopers on me, they don't have anything else to do for the next couple hours. Said he could take me to jail for not having my LTCH, and that's how they prove the good guys from the bad, etc.

The officer on the radio "Let us handle the safety of this place."

I left, very shaky and embarassed. As I was on the phone, they walked out and left. Another customer that was there pulled his truck up and offered me a ride to work. The officers kept my license.

The guy that drove me back to work saw it, and said he OC's as well. Gave me a card of a firearms lawyer he works with. Very cool guy, very helpful. Said he hates seeing cops harass people about carrying.

Now I'm at work.

Driving on an expired license inc OC'ing without your LTCH? And you feel like they were harassing you?? I don't get it...

ThoughtPolice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    St. Joe County
    1. It's not a "permit".

If you are the police, please learn the law before you cost the taxpayers alot of $$.

1. Define permit.
    2. You may not have to carry it every time you carry, but if he didn't want the police to disarm him and verify he is legally permitted to carry then maybe he should have had it on him.

Oh yes let me tell you, if costs quite a penny to verify a permit. Holy cow the humanity.

No I am not "the police"

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    At least they only dropped the mag. My last encounter with IMPD was dropping the mag, removing every round, and field stripping the gun to hand me back a pile of parts that I couldn't contain in two hands and had to have my friend take a pile.
    But they did that i the best interest for your safety:D

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    1. It's not a "permit".

Absolutely correct.

Now for another perspective...I would prefer to never be caught dead, or alive in a foreign country without my U.S. passport on my person (or within reach if still breathing). Regarding the LTCH, my view is that it's prudent to carry that pink card, and consider it your pass to transport. :D

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Absolutely correct.

Now for another perspective...I would prefer to never be caught dead, or alive in a foreign country without my U.S. passport on my person (or within reach if still breathing). Regarding the LTCH, my view is that it's prudent to carry that pink card, and consider it your pass to transport. :D

I don't need a pass to transport, the law allows me that now. I need a license to carry a handgun, which is dumb, but that's a story for another day. I do not need it on me, but I carry it anyway. It saves me the hassle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is exactly why I do not OC. I do not need to make a point to anyone and definitely do not want to invite LEO to a discussion on my rights. They will win any such arguments in the end. Been there....done that....will not do it again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom