• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That's why I prefer my military training...shoot now, shoot a lot, shoot until everything stops moving. Legal ramifications? WTF they were the enemy. I would still hold to that.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    "We own these streets"
    Then it's pretty much time to either, 1. Let the animals run the zoo, then after all the death and destruction is over, come in and kill or arrest the survivors(after all, itpf they are still there, they did something illegal) or, 2. Man the hell up and take back the streets neighborhoods and towns from the savages that think they own them!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The irony of this whole BLM mass-stupidity is that they are actually supporting black criminals, with the inevitable result that law abiding black people will pay the price with upward spiraling crime rates on them.
    When John Gotti went down for good, aside from a few racially obsessed (see a pattern here?) locals, not a soul was upset about it.
    Why is this so different?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    She died?

No, but this was her quote: “She looked at me and said she thought she was going to die,” he told the audience at the awards ceremony. “And she knew that she should shoot this guy. But she chose not to because she didn’t want her family or the department to have to go through the scrutiny the next day on national news.”

Maybe that's really what she thought. I don't know. It sure fits the narrative quite conveniently.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, but this was her quote: “She looked at me and said she thought she was going to die,” he told the audience at the awards ceremony. “And she knew that she should shoot this guy. But she chose not to because she didn’t want her family or the department to have to go through the scrutiny the next day on national news.”

Maybe that's really what she thought. I don't know. It sure fits the narrative quite conveniently.

I don't see why it's so hard for it to be what she said it is. I don't see a compelling reason to doubt it, especially for the reason that it too conveniently fits a narrative. There needs to be something compelling with it to make me believe she's lying.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Ok fill us in on the flip side. What else is the reason?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Chicago has setup a new "Use of Force" proposal that is currently up for public comment. Here are some comments by a Chicago cop:

The initial reading makes this an obvious "Run Away!!!" order.

If you cannot "create safe space" you will be disciplined. This is the "Baltimore Provision," i.e. "Room to Destroy"

If you use any amount of force when other options were available, you will be disciplined.

If you don't render aid after using force, you will be disciplined.

If you display your gun, you will be disciplined.

All of this will be judged by civilians, politicians, lawyers, fake "priests" and assorted activist *******s with 20/20 hindsight and hundreds of hours to dissect your actions that were taken in mere tenths of seconds.

Does anyone setting up these rules have any experience at all in the field?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's time for police to start going on strike.

When large groups publicity keep painting a target on the back of our police officers, I think it's time for those groups to experience a world without police there to save them.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If the police really wanted them to die they would just withdraw from the crime ridden neighborhoods and wait...it would sort itself out. No one would even undertake the delivery of food.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    Here is the deal,

Until the police develop new tactics that are effective, WITHOUT the excessive force issues, it is only natural for cops to pull back. You are going to see A LOT more police following the unofficial CPD motto of "stay fetal" and not aggressively go after bad guys. The natural result is that criminals are going to be more brazen. However there are a few things to consider.

1) Now that we have concealed carry in Illinois, many (but not all) law abiding citizens will have the OPTION to PROTECT THEMSELVES. I live in Chicago and the reality is this, whether it is a car jacking, an armed robbery, or a home invasion, I can get to MY GUN for help faster than the police can come with THEIR GUNS to help me. If cops don't want to be aggressive anymore, that is fine. If I get attacked I will handle it myself and call them afterward to make a report and clean up the mess.

2) While innocent people are sometimes killed, the VAST MAJORITY (77% in one study) of people killed in Chicago are other criminals. In some cities like Milwaukee and Baltimore, that number jumps up to 90%+. It sucks for them and their families, but I don't have a criminal record and neither do my family and friends, so we are somewhat (but not completely) sheltered from this violence.

3) Most of this violence is EXTREMELY ISOLATED geographically. I am not talking about Southside or Westside. I am talking about small neighborhoods within those parts of Chicago. The reason why I bring this up is that there could be a massive uptick in murders and the combination of being limited to criminals and in certain neighborhoods means that the majority of Chicagoans are not really going to be affected by it.

So if the cops decide to "stay fetal" in order to avoid being on CNN for the next questionable shooting, even though I live in Chicago, I am not going to be particularly worried about it. Then again, I grew up during the "crack era" of the 80's/90's, so this uptick in violence is nothing to me. I felt A LOT more in danger back then.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I don't see why it's so hard for it to be what she said it is. I don't see a compelling reason to doubt it, especially for the reason that it too conveniently fits a narrative. There needs to be something compelling with it to make me believe she's lying.

In the heat of the moment, she decided that she would rather die than face media criticism? Maybe. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Ok fill us in on the flip side. What else is the reason?

She panicked and froze up. It happens all the time. But now instead of looking incompetent, she can look like a martyr.

And you're basing your skepticism on how many years of experience as a LEO?

Zero.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying this is truth. I'm completely speculating, and she could be completely truthful in her statements.

Top Bottom