• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    hI really feel bad for officers, they can't win either way.
    I do too. :(

I have a very good friend in Australia. We often do video calls so we can talk to each other over the web. Last time we spoke he asked me about this item in the news, and I told him this very thing. His parents,while they were watching the news there one night, told him how terrible it was that the police here in theUSA were so corrupt and how it would be horrible to be here with the police always shooting people just because they were poor or lived in a bad area.My buddy though was so easiy taken in and would tell them the news there was making more out of it than it really was and he asked me to talk to them. So I did.

They told me their news there was portraying this as shooting people who were unarmed and surrendering. I showed them many videos and news reports HERE in the US that showed these people were armed and drawing a weapon. They were not surrendering, they were attacking. At first they didn't believe me but as we worked through the list of folks whose names they remembered, it began to dawn on them they were being lied to by the news in Australia.

By the time we were through they were convinced that this wasn't what they were being told but rather a bunch of left wing propaganda.

Yes, there are bad cops. There are bad plumbers and lawyers and everything else too. One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch good as the Jackson 5 used to say. I feel horrible for the policeman and when I see them out and about in the community I tell them I support them and wish them well.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    From now on, this will probably be the excuse given by every officer who panics and freezes in the face of confrontation.

I'm not saying that necessarily happened in this situation - but I find it hard to believe that in the moments preceding a violent altercation, your brain is running through legal and media scenarios before you finally make the decision to die instead of fight.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    "Hands up, don't shoot" was a lie from day one.

And you are called a racist for pointing out that FACT. Imagine this in other instances:

Them: WOHOO BEARS WON THE SUPER BOWL! WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!!
    you:Uh, The colts won that game. The score was 29 to 17. See, here is the official score from the NFL, its also on si.com, etc.
    THEM: You're just a Colts fanboi. You dont know what you are talking about. BEARS WIN! BEARS WIN!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    From now on, this will probably be the excuse given by every officer who panics and freezes in the face of confrontation.

I'm not saying that necessarily happened in this situation - but I find it hard to believe that in the moments preceding a violent altercation, your brain is running through legal and media scenarios before you finally make the decision to die instead of fight.

She's actually had over a year to observe and think through scenarios like this.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't want that job nor do I have the temperament for it.
    My guess is that she didn't need to be in that part of the job either.
    The uniform and badge don't keep you safe.
    I hope she's ok and re-evaluates where her future lies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Thoughts like "I'm going to let myself be killed so I don't get media attention"?

No, she was paralyzed by fear of having her life turned upside down and dragged through the mud because she dared defend herself from a piece of ****.
    They don't want "justice" they want free reign.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No, she was paralyzed by fear of having her life turned upside down and dragged through the mud because she dared defend herself from a piece of ****.
    They don't want "justice" they want free reign.
    "We own these streets"

Top Bottom