• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    the puppy never barked, I didn't know that was a requirement to prove the dog was charging.

Last week I heard a mans voice yelling "Get him away, Get him away, Get your dog, Get him away" This kept going, over and over again. I turned to look and saw the mailman being charged by a pitbull. I never heard the dog bark but I sure saw him circling the mailman and charging at him. The mail man continued to swing his bag at the dog with every charge and was able to keep him at bay.

So tell me again how a dog charging must bark?

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Sounds like a good shoot from what little information the obviously liberalized, sensationalized, anti-LEO story provides.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    From the way it sounds I would have shot the thing also. Everyone the suffers a loss from police incidents always seem to have some sob story. Like.... Tyrone was a good dude...he would steal and burglarize homes but he won't ever hurt anyone. Or Steve leads police on a HS chase after robbing the local 7-11, crashes and draws down on the police and gets smoked. Family is interviewed by local news and says Steve was a good guy and would never hurt anyone unless they were chasing him...even though he was a ten time felon he only carried that stolen gun because he was scared.

Get my drift? I highly doubt the officer just decided to shoot a dog 8 times just for the fun of it. Which is more believable? The dog charged and got shot or the officer just decides to shoot a dog for no reason knowing full well what comes with doing so? You decide.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Cops: Drug dealer gets shot while dealing drugs on the street corner as his 9 kids run amok.

Family: Young entrepreneur and loving father of 9 is senselessly gunned down while on his way to church.

images

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    From the way it sounds I would have shot the thing also. Everyone the suffers a loss from police incidents always seem to have some sob story. Like.... Tyrone was a good dude...he would steal and burglarize homes but he won't ever hurt anyone. Or Steve leads police on a HS chase after robbing the local 7-11, crashes and draws down on the police and gets smoked. Family is interviewed by local news and says Steve was a good guy and would never hurt anyone unless they were chasing him...even though he was a ten time felon he only carried that stolen gun because he was scared.

Get my drift? I highly doubt the officer just decided to shoot a dog 8 times just for the fun of it. Which is more believable? The dog charged and got shot or the officer just decides to shoot a dog for no reason knowing full well what comes with doing so? You decide.

You would shoot a dog running down the street?

I would doubt that a 4 month old puppy was attacking anyone. What I "think" happened, is the dog was running to "play", the officer saw a scary pit bull and shot it.

Sadly, he was correct though. It would never have happened if the owners had the dog leashed. Letting a dog run free in the city is beyond stupid.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    the puppy never barked, I didn't know that was a requirement to prove the dog was charging.

Last week I heard a mans voice yelling "Get him away, Get him away, Get your dog, Get him away" This kept going, over and over again. I turned to look and saw the mailman being charged by a pitbull. I never heard the dog bark but I sure saw him circling the mailman and charging at him. The mail man continued to swing his bag at the dog with every charge and was able to keep him at bay.

Been dog bit several times.....not one time before being attacked and bit did they bark. The last one that attacked was a Rot an he wasn't barking either......I only had to shoot once with the Mossberg......its all about shot placement.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ah yes, the typical ornithologist pitbull. As was said, leash removes this story and gives them a dog back.

Two years ago in a rental house I opened my garage door and our 13yo black lab took off running at a landscape guy 60' away. He has never bitten anyone but likes to go bark and get pet by people. The worker took a defensive position and raised his shovel to hit my dog. I yelled and the dog stopped, then I got mad at the guy (in my head) for about striking my gentle giant of an old lab. Then I realized a few mins later it was totally my fault and it would have been on me if the dog got a beating.

Everything is someone else's fault now though. The only thing I'd say here is the officer should have called it in and had another officer issue the citations based on his account.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette

Who cares if it barks. We are talking about a 4 month old puppy. People are so stupid these days.

Marksman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    NWI
    It's all about owners responsibility, keep them on a leash. I have two pitts, one of them a 7month old pup that also likes to play..yet his barking sounds very mean that scares strangers. Both of them I keep on a leash.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Who cares if the dog is four months old. Is that something you know before you react? What's the cutoff on pitbulls? Five months? Six? Seven? How can you tell when it's running? 21 foot rule likely shorter with animals...

Here's a 4-month pitbull. I could not tell you how old the dog is by looking at it standing still.

americanpitbullterrier_munoz.jpg

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    No reason to shoot a puppy 8 times. If the guy who did it was shot 8 times I would think twice about it. I understand you don't want to get hurt and dogs can cause damage but there are many many other ways to subdue a dog and not cause life threating issues. morons....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Once you get a reputation for dirty tricks, nobody is going to take you seriously, even if you are telling the truth, as one of Aesop's fables attests.
    The wolf had accused the fox of theft but the fox denied that she was guilty of the crime. The presiding judge was a monkey. Each of the plaintiffs pleaded their case and the monkey is then said to have pronounced the following verdict: 'As for you, wolf, I do not believe you lost the goods claimed in your suit; as for you, fox, I am convinced you stole the goods, no matter how firmly you deny it.'

People do stupid things. There is no question that restraining the dog would have prevented this situation. I also get sick and tired to an extent that defies language to express hearing the notion reinforced that whenever a LEO is anywhere near we should be perfect is all that we do and walk on eggshells in the hope of not spooking the f**king moron so he does a mag dump on us.

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Who cares if the dog is four months old. Is that something you know before you react? What's the cutoff on pitbulls? Five months? Six? Seven? How can you tell when it's running? 21 foot rule likely shorter with animals...

Here's a 4-month pitbull. I could not tell you how old the dog is by looking at it standing still.

americanpitbullterrier_munoz.jpg

You might not be able to tell how old it is by looking at it standing still but you would still be able to tell if its a puppy or not. Here is my 8 year old male Pit. Your telling me you cannot tell the difference between an adult and a puppy?
    picture021ng.th.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    you guys defending this guy are ......... well I dont want to get suspended so fill in the blank.

it is a 4month old puppy..... haha really? this cop was an idiot. where is the cut off on self defence if a 4-5 yo is trying to bite me or kick me should I dump a clip into him? (going in dog years) a puppy deserves a kick not 8rnds haha and anyone that thinks you can justify that........................................ your a fool.

Mac-1917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    After reading the story in it's entirety I doubt anyone that has posted would take kindly to any dog charging/chasing their kid on a bike. A 4 month old medium/large breed dog does have the tools to do damage. Since Cesar Milan wasn't right there when it happened to tell you what the puppy is going to do! Some of us might have acted differently but you still would have taken action that would not have ended well for the dog or owner.

An on duty supervisor is the one who issued the citations. The officer who shot the dog was on vacation. The owner was held "ACCOUNTABLE" for her negligence. Pets rarely suffer for any other reason then negligence of the owner or a criminal.

With the amount of tin foil on this board I find it amusing that the media's account of the story is considered to be accurate.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

you forgot his was just getting formula for his baby.

Bob

Top Bottom