• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I think the law does cover us on this but most of us don't have cameras in our cars or on our person so we had better have a reliable witness if it ever happens. But I've said before I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 or have any of my family killed because I hessitated when in fear of my life to mentally review Indiana code that I could never as a regular guy understand all of it anyways. I'm not a show off hot shot and I know the dire reaponsibility carrying a gun comes with, so I know myself well enough that if I ever sadly have to be inthe position to pull my weapon it will be justified.
    You could have video tape of someone running over your foot and driving away, and then you putting two shots into their vehicle and guess who is getting arrested.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    IMO, right now...

Sounds like the driver knew he was a police officer (probably uniformed) and he had given the driver instructions and the driver didn't comply so then he was issuing an official ticket so it was an official detainment or stop and the driver flees and in the process strikes the officer and the officer fires on a driver he believes just tried to kill him but for certain is fleeing the scene of a traffic stop, or maybe could swing back around and kill him. The officer said he was in fear of his life. Sounds like a good shoot to me. I'm surprised people are defending this driver.

The only way this guy is getting out of this one is if the driver can prove the cop didn't properly identify himself as an officer (officers aren't ever REALY off duty when they make a stop). I think the guy deserves what he gets. I have more faith in the cop than some here I guess based on the info so far. Still until all the facts are out we won't know 100%.

:+1:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You could have video tape of someone running over your foot and driving away, and then you putting two shots into their vehicle and guess who is getting arrested.

Yeah but I wouldn't shoot at someone driving away from me or running away or just because they stole my car or my radio, bla bla bla. Yes I know common sense law thanks.

But that doesn't mean that cop wasn't justified.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you would not be justified why should/would an officer be anymore justified?

Because I am not a law enforcement officer with the legal ability to detain someone. If you were a cop on a stop and the driver slammed the gas pedal and the car starts fish tailing with you right next to it is that not a potentially deadly situation? You have no place to go without being hit, deadly force may be needed.

We don't know how fast or in what manner the driver drive away. There is scenarios that make a fleeing CAR that's weighs thousands of pounds a deadly weapon. The officer was struck!!!!
    Glad some of you have lived your entire lives behind computers and haven't experienced the big bad world, but your mistake is judging others who have prematurely.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But it was his feet. Not really a life threatening injury.

What.....Your feet are very close to the rest of you and they carry you through the rest of your life.
    Again, accidental is one thing on purpose is a whole new ball game with a new set of rules.

As mentioned up thread, if I shot someone in the back as they fled from robbing or assaulting me I would face a different set of consequences than our injured LEO. The law should be the same for all of us but all to often is not.
    Still, if you try and run me down I will defend myself with whatever is at hand.
    Bank on it.

Edit...in this case I have to say that there was a bucket load of idiocy involved.
    1)...only A$$ Clowns sit in parking lots and jamb so hard as to annoy others.

2)...if asked to turn it down by a representative of the property owner then do it or just leave and annoy someone else. It is what these fools do...annoy.

3)...If he was getting a ticket he had to know it was LEO at the window. To run off was idiotic. More going on here as in drug/alcohol or firearm related.

4)...silly LEO, stand away from the car. I just can not get my head wrapped around that part.

5)...shooting at the car in a parking lot, not to sure about that one either. If we did that it would not end well for us.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Can anyone find out if the officer has any injuries at all besides a bruised foot and a bruised ego? How do you get your foot(not feet) run over standing next to a car and not get hit by that car? Was the guy driving an open wheel race car?

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Sounds like the driver knew he was a police officer (probably uniformed) and he had given the driver instructions and the driver didn't comply so then he was issuing an official ticket so it was an official detainment or stop and the driver flees and in the process strikes the officer and the officer fires on a driver he believes just tried to kill him but for certain is fleeing the scene of a traffic stop, or maybe could swing back around and kill him. The officer said he was in fear of his life. Sounds like a good shoot to me. I'm surprised people are defending this driver.

The only way this guy is getting out of this one is if the driver can prove the cop didn't properly identify himself as an officer (officers aren't ever REALY off duty when they make a stop). I think the guy deserves what he gets. I have more faith in the cop than some here I guess based on the info so far. Still until all the facts are out we won't know 100%.

:+1:

Based solely on what the sensationalist liberal media story provides, it appears to be a good shoot.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    The way it was stated on Fox news this AM, the officer was talking to the driver about having his Automobile stereo music too loud in a Mall parking lot. Didn't state whether he was on or off duty or in uniform. Although I HATE the loud noise (I won't call it music) that rattles my home windows when one of these idiots drive by on the street in front of my house, I hardly would call it a Felony. I would like to hear the whole story before I would state an opinion about the actions of either the driver or LEO on this one. It could be one of the few AholXX Leos or possibly one out of uniform - I would also question why his foot was under the car when the guy drove away? Could be an AholX driver too? I really wonder if the LEO ID himself as an officer, as the driver went home and called the police?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Too much of a coward to do the job? I don't know how you can say this about this officer based only on the info released?
    The facts will be weighed and the officer I'm sure will be put to the fire to justify his actions especially since IMPD is working real hard to change their public perception, so as a citizen of Marion county I am confident in the decision the department makes.
    We do not know all the facts and I think it's unfair to call a trained professional a coward and irresponsible at this time.

Maybe it will be determined the discharging of his weapon was too much, A big maybe. But it certainly wasn't a cowards move I don't think.

Your illustration of coming over to my house to me makes no sense in comparison here.

I stand by my conclusion. If he were truly in fear for his life from someone running AWAY from him, he is a coward. I prefer to believe that it is the standard CYA verbiage, but I certainly don't know that.

Top Bottom