• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Perhaps I am ignorant, but if you put in your time before the season, and only take an ethical shot, why would you have to try and put two more into a moving deer?

The buck did not kick showed no sign of being hit but was running dead. The third shot was not required but look below and tell me you would not have shot more than once yourself. My shots were not unethical.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The buck did not kick showed no sign of being hit but was running dead. The third shot was not required but look below and tell me you would not have shot more than once yourself. My shots were not unethical.

I wish I could see something that big in the woods I hunt.
    Nice buck.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would not have shot more than once myself. But with something like that in front of me I sure would want to. I hunt w/ a ML during gunseason.

I normally won't shoot a deer more than once either.

That said, I have shot a deer more than once, on more than one occasion.

You want to talk ethics? I won't let a wounded animal suffer.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I wasn't trying to insult him. I was always curios by the rapid fire gunshots you hear in the woods. I always put ALOT of time in to where I feel comfortable with EVERY shot I am going to take. I am not going to say I will never miss a deer in the future, but I have never missed a deer yet.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Same here. Saw nothing until about 430 and then 1 tiny doe after another. I passed on all of them. I thought the first 2 were coyotes they were so small when they first came through the brush.

But then, the woods around me sounded like a firefight from 4:30 to about 5:15pm. There must be deer stacked 6 feet high down there. Or, a lot of misses.

Brown County.

Rickmill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Mitchell
    I wasn't trying to insult him. I was always curios by the rapid fire gunshots you hear in the woods. I always put ALOT of time in to where I feel comfortable with EVERY shot I am going to take. I am not going to say I will never miss a deer in the future, but I have never missed a deer yet.
    Multiple deer?

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    in stand all day, didn`t see the first deer till about 130 pm then ended up seeing 7 does and 2 bucks.. too bad the bucks weren`t a bit bigger..lol
    jmarriot congrats on a great buck.. btw what rifle are you hunting with?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Perhaps I am ignorant, but if you put in your time before the season, and only take an ethical shot, why would you have to try and put two more into a moving deer?
    Maybe he likes copper/lead flavored dear? :dunno:

On another note....nothing here in south park county. Didnt even see a squirrel. Really windy today. Me thinks they know the storm is coming and they keeping it tight to the bedding areas. If the weather breaks any tomorrow that will be the time to do an ambush!

woodwalker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Brownstown
    I got a decent 13 pt buck at 930 am not real wide but tall tines. We had seen him on camera all summer. He was leaving the whitetail clover and was at the pond taking his last drink. My dad missed a buck this morning. it was the third one he saw. saw another buck while driving around the block at 230pm.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    My son picked up an 8 pointer at 1700 today from my favorite stand. He saw 3 bucks & 4 does. In fact 2 of the does bedded down across the clearing from the stand for a while this afternoon. They were pretty small.

Top Bottom