• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Coming south on I-69, if the underpass is closed then get off at 82nd street Eastbound, turn right onto Shadeland (about a block east of the offramp) and take Shadeland to 75th. 75th west to Binford. It's not a huge detour, it's like 1/2 mile extra and puts you back on Binford just south of the underpass.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    How will the explosion affect the 1500?

INDIANAPOLIS --
    A large propane tanker truck explosion and fire on an Interstate 465 on-ramp Thursday morning caused the closure of that interstate and Interstate 69 on Indianapolis' northeast side and injured at least two people.Flames surged hundreds of feet into the air immediately following the explosion, which happened just after 10:30 a.m. on the ramp from southbound Interstate 69 to southbound I-465.

Hank Hill is disappointed.

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    How will the explosion affect the 1500?

INDIANAPOLIS -- A large propane tanker truck explosion and fire on an Interstate 465 on-ramp Thursday morning caused the closure of that interstate and Interstate 69 on Indianapolis' northeast side and injured at least two people.Flames surged hundreds of feet into the air immediately following the explosion, which happened just after 10:30 a.m. on the ramp from southbound Interstate 69 to southbound I-465.

My son was on I-69 going southbound when it happened this morning and he called to say "I believe a large plane just crashed near the junction of I-69 and 465 south because there are huge flames and smoke all over. Even billboards are blazing and it looks like a war zone!"

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Thanks for the heads up on the accident,Thats the way i would have come down ,maybe cleaned up by saturday I hope .Inlaws were at a funeral in indy & on the way back north they were forced by police to take a alternate exit.Now I know

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Traffic info

State Police Release Traffic Plan

Commuters were encouraged to find an alternate route home on the northeast side Thursday. State police issued a plan to re-route traffic in the area. The plan is expected to be implemented all day Friday.
    The plan is as follows:

Traffic northbound on I-465 will be restricted to that traffic which is going to continue north bound on I-69. I-465 westbound from I-69 will be closed.

Also, traffic eastbound on I-465 on the north side will be rerouted onto U.S. 31. There will be no east bound traffic allowed east of Allisonville Road on I-465. Traffic south bound on I-69 will be allowed to travel west bound onto I-465 or south bound on Binford Blvd.
    According to INDOT officials motorists should expect the same traffic pattern during Friday morning’s commute as well as Friday evening. Click here for the latest traffic info.

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Depending on which way you are coming in it might be a good idea to just skip that "corner" of the loop all together. Coming from the north you might want to hop on Meridian/31 and go south until you hit 38th st. Then its just a quick jaunt east on 38th to the fairgrounds and Indiana gun show mecca.

draben

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Can a non-Indiana resident purchase a firearm at the 1500? My brother is temporarily located at Wright Patterson in Ohio, but is coming to town for the show. I'm not sure how the rules work.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Can a non-Indiana resident purchase a firearm at the 1500? My brother is temporarily located at Wright Patterson in Ohio, but is coming to town for the show. I'm not sure how the rules work.
    If he's buying a handgun, it will have to be shipped to a FFL dealer in OH for him to take possession of it lawfully.

Blessings,
    Bill

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Wright Pat eh? I went to school near there. Ask him if he's familiar with Cedarville University. It was always interesting to watch the various aircraft fly over campus.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    obama_gun_show.jpg

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Very much enjoyed the visit with Fenway, Bill of Rights, and Jahred with his very tolerant wife.......

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yep, good to talk with Fenway again, shat with BoR and meet Angelfire!

HH

:eek: Well, Hawk, I enjoyed chatting with you today, but I must admit that I do not recall having shat with anyone else, as I prefer to take care of my bodily functions alone. ;) :):

I was pleased to meet so many INGOers and was not at any point upset by anyone noticing my INGO hat or fleece and wanting to strike up a conversation. ;)

I also would like to thank everyone who stopped by and contributed to the site, whether by buying hats, patches, or stickers or by becoming/renewing site supporterships or by contributing to the new server fund while I was manning the table.

:ingo: RAWKS!

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:
    Top Bottom