• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I bought my Sig P238, I picked up a spiffy little OWB holster for it. I have no idea why. At the time, I already had my Kimber Ultra, so I have no idea what scenario I thought might bring me to OC the little Sig instead of the .45. The only time I tried it was when driving down to Vincennes, I wore it as a cross draw thinking it would be easier to get to and more comfortable. It wasn't.

The best reason I could think of for carrying a small weapon OC might be if the carrier had a physical handicap such as if he/she were arthritic and an OC small gun was easier to reach. In the end, you have to applaud any type of responsible carry whether by necessity or by choice.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    In the end, you have to applaud any type of responsible carry whether by necessity or by choice.

Thanks for saying that.
    I usually carry my P3AT in my strong side pocket
    in a Uncle Mike's. On rare occasion, necessity dictates
    that I switch it into a DeSantis thumbbreak on my belt.

Thanks

Mark

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    OC a Ma Deuce? That makes me tired just thinking about it. But they would definitely call you SIR!

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I started OCing a XDm 40 and got tired of pulling it and my pants up every 5min. The G19 I usually carry is lighter with a comfortable print that doesn't catch onto everything and the ballistics of the 9mm are still acceptable. If I wear shorts I may switch over to the PF9... it is by far the smallest and most comfortable.

Im not too put off by some who would question about its size. It still looks like a gun and therefore retains its crime deterrent factor and that is reason enough for me to display it. Some of you might wanna worry more about shot placement with what you carry than the size of others.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When I OC, which isn't all that often, I carry my CZ 97B in an El Paso Saddlery rig. It took a bit to find a holster in which I could carry such a, um, substantial gun. I used to carry my old 4566 in a Smith shoulder rig. I have a few smaller guns but I have never looked into buying a belt holster for them. I don't OC too much. I guess because I am currently in between 1911s. Generally, when I think OC I think 1911.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I started OCing a XDm 40 and got tired of pulling it and my pants up every 5min. The G19 I usually carry is lighter with a comfortable print that doesn't catch onto everything and the ballistics of the 9mm are still acceptable. If I wear shorts I may switch over to the PF9... it is by far the smallest and most comfortable.

to me, a proper gun belt is in order. that would fix your "pants falling down" issue. :dunno:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If I OC'd one of my typical carry guns then instead of scaring women they would twitter and giggle. I am lately carrying a Ruger sp101. I would OC that one but only because it's a magnum. (it's not the size of the swizzle stick, but how hard you stir). If I was OC'ing I would go ahead and load on the .45. If It is hanging out already I might as well be bold and pack some pig-iron.

Well, if we really are going to let it all hang out, and size does matter, I guess I could strap on my Remington 870 Express or Ithaca 37. But it would just encourage some guy to strap on his :ar15:. So in interests of not launching an arms race, I guess I will just stick to my Taurus 24/7 when I OC. :):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I guess I could strap on my Remington 870 Express

BOOT Carry, FTW!!!

JokieBootCarry-1.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I OC, which isn't all that often, I carry my CZ 97B in an El Paso Saddlery rig. It took a bit to find a holster in which I could carry such a, um, substantial gun. I used to carry my old 4566 in a Smith shoulder rig. I have a few smaller guns but I have never looked into buying a belt holster for them. I don't OC too much. I guess because I am currently in between 1911s. Generally, when I think OC I think 1911.

A CZ 97 is a gun that should only be open carried. It's just not right to hide a gun as good looking as that. It would be like dating Kate Beckinsale and asking her to wear a burka whenever you went out. It just wouldn't be right.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I OC/CC a full size 1911 .45 daily. I have never carried smaller than a Commander size .45...but always carry a Government Model 1911 .45.

I think some pistol companies are making their pistols TOO small. Could it just be a fad and in another year or two we won't see it dominating the market so much..? The younger generation of shooters are used to seeing it this way, but those of us who have been around for a long time understand the point I am trying to say.

GONZO!!!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    A CZ 97 is a gun that should only be open carried. It's just not right to hide a gun as good looking as that. It would be like dating Kate Beckinsale and asking her to wear a burka whenever you went out. It just wouldn't be right.

Great minds and all that. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom