• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I OC my Walther PPS. I got the slim PPS mostly because CCing a full size XDm would be... difficult. I find that even when OCing, the PPS is significantly more comfortable when I'm in the car! Another reason to OC a small pistol is in the situation where you prefer to OC but CC occasionally. It is very nice (familiarity, training, etc.) to use the same weapon for both cases.

These are valid points. Plus, if you wanted to switch from OC to CC you could probably un-tuck your shirt with a compact sidearm and you would be "CC".

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i OC my Colt Government 380 from time to time...

1zlg040.jpg

Last edited:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    What's the point?

Small guns trade off shootability, sight radius/accuracy, capacity, and sometimes reliability for ease of concealment. If you OC, you're trading off those things for no apparent reason.

Unless that's what fits your hand, you are comfortable with it you shoot it well. Also, if it's the only one you got and believe in advocating OC. My girlfriend carried a P238 openly everywhere except work. I OC my SP2022 fairly regularly...

Size doesn't matter as long as you know to operate it and can do it effectively.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    If I OC'd one of my typical carry guns then instead of scaring women they would twitter and giggle. I am lately carrying a Ruger sp101. I would OC that one but only because it's a magnum. (it's not the size of the swizzle stick, but how hard you stir). If I was OC'ing I would go ahead and load on the .45. If It is hanging out already I might as well be bold and pack some pig-iron.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I have seen a PF9 OCed. I OC my G19, nothing smaller. I would carry a G17. but I shoot the G19 better.

Even SBPD carries compacts. Sig P229 .40.

And I will NEVER carry a 1911A1 full stop.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Utah class at Gander in Fort Wayne

OC-ing an LCP

Guy was kinda a tool

lives in Illinois.

If this is the same guy I *think* it is...I've argued with him before about carry method of 1911s.
    First I was all :dunno:, and he was all but all I heard was .

Then I said and he just so I .

Whatevs. I know who is right. :): :popcorn:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Know a guy that OCs a little Beretta 32acp. With the leather holster it looks like most anything else that would hang on belt. Kind of hides in plain site.

Top Bottom