• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It would be hard to debate percentages so I will just put forth that I suspect more median numbers and that what area you are in would play a large role. Walk softly while carrying the big stick but hiding it or leaving it the car are not the only options. May be the best option for some folks though. I support their decision.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    :rolleyes:
    So the premise of your argument is that it is irresponsible and inconsiderate to be so open (OC) about your status of carrying a weapon when going to a sale. You have a pre-conceived negative view of this tool called a pistol. You, because of your own fears, and the fears of what others may think, think it is wrong to allow that pistol to be shown. :dunno:

Every store or garage sale you go to is on "private property"...I'll give you a minute to digest that.
    So the poster is doing nothing illegal. The private property authority (may it be the Target store manager or the garage sale home owner) has the right to ask anyone on the private proper to leave, for most any reason. This is no different.

SALLY? Excuse me? You are just regurgitating the same old drivel.

Start using your brain or quit posting. Can you act civil? YOU are exactly the person I am talking about and I'm glad you've crawled out from under your rock.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Uhhh...
    JosephR You are being a little argumentative today. Step back and take a deep breath and discuss this without turning it into an argument please

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Did I turn this into an argument or just a discussion? Maybe the child who called me "sally" turned this into an argument. I'm no angel, but at least I do provide help and support maybe 50% of the time I post. I've seen his postings and more often than not they are simply incendiary in nature. He acts (or is?) ignorant and just starts in on one person or subject until 10-15 people are trying to explain something simple to him and he refuses to understand. I've seen him do it and kept my mouth shut but now he's after me so I refuse to. Other people are after all, understanding my point.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am going to chime in here but not contribute to the "arguement" rather i am going to put my personal beliefs on the table....

is there a less chance of needing to protect yourself at a garage sale than at a gas station? I think NO as we can never predict when and where a firearm will be the proper tool to protect ourselves... they invited the public onto their property and if they are offended by the firearm then its THEIR responsibility to tell the person carrying to leave or lock up the firearm. if someone approached me i would tell them that its my right based on the indiana constitution that i am allowed to carry a firearm on my person and if they wished that i not exercise that right then i will leave and not participate in their sale... this is the same thing i would tell a store manager before i left their property. displaying a firearm is not a crime when done legally.

catering to the public to try and make everyone happy is what has brought our country to the place it is today... seat belt laws, cig and alchy tax's.... substandard loan approvals... everyone is trying to please everyone and not a whole lot of good is coming out of it... maybe if the people at the garage sale saw 50 percent of the people there with a firearm some of the stigma of these tools being unsafe and dangerous would dissapear. i have walked into neighbors homes before carrying and they never said a word about it... the ones that did say something got an education and realized that they had rights that they didnt even know existed. i say good for the OP he exercised his right as an american and some good came out of it...

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    SALLY? Excuse me? You are just regurgitating the same old drivel.

Start using your brain or quit posting. Can you act civil? YOU are exactly the person I am talking about and I'm glad you've crawled out from under your rock.

Yeah, that was uncalled for and I apologize. I changed the name to Sally when I quoted you in my response as a joke to your being extremely sensitive to others opinion, unnecessarily in my opinion(and others). No harm meant by it. I hope you accept my sincerest apologies.

I would like to hear your response to the rest of what I posted:
    "So the premise of your argument is that it is irresponsible and inconsiderate to be so open (OC) about your status of carrying a weapon when going to a sale. You have a pre-conceived negative view of this tool called a pistol. You, because of your own fears, and the fears of what others may think, think it is wrong to allow that pistol to be shown. :dunno:

Every store or garage sale you go to is on "private property"...I'll give you a minute to digest that.
    So the poster is doing nothing illegal. The private property authority (may it be the Target store manager or the garage sale home owner) has the right to ask anyone on the private proper to leave, for most any reason. This is no different."

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Well just so you know, I'm not one for "Dumbing down" the US so stupid people can live longer. F*ck 'em and let them die. I couldn't care any less about stupid people or people afraid of guns.

I was just throwing an idea out there and for anyone to dismiss it immediately just so they can stand tall and beat their chest about being a proud gun owner is a little ridiculous.

I carry concealed, maybe I'm biased.

This to me is just one more reason that CC is better. You still have your firearm, you aren't causing a stir and you certainly won't prevent anything by OC'ing.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Don't be stupid. I of course don't think any of what you've said. You've scrambled words that I've used to create something absolutely absurd. I'm not going to respond to any more of your bullsh!t. I've watched you rope so many other poeple into arguments here. I won't feed the little fire you have raging in your childish heart.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Post #12 you say:
    The polite thing to do would not put them on the spot or offend any of their other customers and think about CC'ing.

Post #14 you say:
    You SHOULD as a responsible gun owner also be responsible enough to be considerate.

And you top it all off with:
    Well just so you know, I'm not one for "Dumbing down" the US so stupid people can live longer. F*ck 'em and let them die. I couldn't care any less about stupid people or people afraid of guns.

I am totally confused about how you feel on the issue...
    Nothing "scrambled"...just your own words.

Don't know how you come to your conclusions like that about me, 50 posts since August, mostly read..average a whopping 9 posts a month.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I'm not surprised you don't get it. You read what you want to and see only words and put them together as you see fit in your peanut.

What I said is clear- you should be considerate and thoughtful and responsible and respectful. None of those have anything to do with changing rules or making it easier for people to exist.

You must be caught up on the word "easy".

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington

I was just throwing an idea out there and for anyone to dismiss it immediately just so they can stand tall and beat their chest about being a proud gun owner is a little ridiculous.

I carry concealed, maybe I'm biased.

This to me is just one more reason that CC is better. You still have your firearm, you aren't causing a stir and you certainly won't prevent anything by OC'ing.

Lighten up, Francis!

What's better for you is fine. Others have a different opinion and that's fine as well. One isn't any better or worse than the other, or else our "all-knowing" Barbara Streisand government would tell us so.

Before you get offended by Francis, remember the movie Stripes?

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I don't remember the movie well but I know the quote.

And FWIW I was giving you a little insight into my reasoning. If you chose not to understand it and see that I'm coming from somewhere other than an advocate for OC, you may realize I'm not saying you should hide your guns from the sheeple but that perhaps there are better ways of going about carrying in some situations.

Thanks for the "Francis"

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    AGAIN In post 12 you say:
    The polite thing to do would not put them on the spot or offend any of their other customers and think about CC'ing.

Then you say:
    you may realize I'm not saying you should hide your guns from the sheeple but that perhaps there are better ways of going about carrying in some situations.

What is the "better way of going about carrying in some situations" if you're not saying to "hide your guns from the sheeple" and CC? Is there a third way to carry? Or are you saying leave it in the car?

Not trying to be antagonistic as you think I am...seriously trying to understand what you think should be done here. The reason "I don't get it" is because of the contradictory posting that seems to change.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    CC'ing isn't "hiding" anything. It's being responsible if the situation calls for it.

I can't wait to see you in the newspapers. Have a great life.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I can't wait to see you in the newspapers. Have a great life.

I dont remember ANY time i saw someone in the paper or on the news for OCing.... i am not an OCer, I CC exclusivly, and have never open carryed... but i will stand up for someone who chooses to excersize that right.... name one thing... anything... that someone was arrested for OCing?

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Well, I knew who/what you were a long time ago. Thanks for opening your mouth and proving it to me and the other folks watching.

CC'ing isn't "hiding" by any means. If you don't get that then you truly are, well...

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I dont remember ANY time i saw someone in the paper or on the news for OCing.... i am not an OCer, I CC exclusivly, and have never open carryed... but i will stand up for someone who chooses to excersize that right.... name one thing... anything... that someone was arrested for OCing?

For the record, I have NEVER OC'd. CC for me only.

Yet I fully support the OC movement. :yesway:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    So people who OC are irresponsible and inconsiderate?

Are you going to play young's game of "stupid and literal" too?

Please don't be offended by that statement.

You're taking a very small part of what I said and turning it into a general rule as opposed to an exception.

Go right the f*ck ahead and OC, I really don't care. BUT you have to admit there may be a better time to OC and CC may be a better option in some cases.

Are you all this black and white?

Top Bottom