• ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    SNIP

Not to defend anyone but I thought that you got your point across when you talked to him on the phone... e-mailing him then just pushes the issue and tends to irritates people.... but if you feel the need to do so then feel free but next time use spell check before you hit send..... you look more profesional that way (no I don't use it on forums but do in e-mail).

SNIP

I don't think emailing him pushes the issue, I relate to as clarification of their rules in writing.

Now TD the only, and I mean only grammatical error reported in his reply was "can not" by MS word, also no spelling errors noted by it, or by my internal dictionary in Fire Fox, you on the other hand should take heed of your own advice.:D (highlighted in red for you)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't think emailing him pushes the issue, I relate to as clarification of their rules in writing.

Now TD the only, and I mean only grammatical error reported in his reply was "can not" by MS word, also no spelling errors noted by it, or by my internal dictionary in Fire Fox, you on the other hand should take heed of your own advice.:D (highlighted in red for you)

I also stated that I do not use spell check on forums :D

They were not flaged because only one was a spelling error.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Indy Beerman hit it on the head. My decision to push just a bit more was for three reasons.
    1. I usually can't say what I really want on the spur of the moment. I hope that by writing it out I clarified what I said on the phone.
    2. I wanted give him an opportunity to see what others would have to say about this by directing him to this site. (Don't let me down guys!)
    3. I'm hoping, by asking him to define and write down his view point rationally he might change his mind. Frankly I'll be surprised if he does, but you never know.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Bill Horne just sent me a short email.
    I copied and pasted it below.
    JC,
    Thank you for your thoughtful response. Let me read it and digest it thoroughly before responding.
    Bill

W.R. (Bill) Horne
    Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    people are still gonna carry guns in all of their stores. now we will just be doing it concealed. LOL

so where as before they may have known a customer was carrying, now they will have no clue. if thats what they like :)

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Bill Horne just sent me a short email.
    I copied and pasted it below.
    JC,
    Thank you for your thoughtful response. Let me read it and digest it thoroughly before responding.
    Bill

W.R. (Bill) Horne
    Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer

Looking forward to the response

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Of course. Disarm law abiding citizens. Allow criminals who don't obey your signs shop.... That being said, I carry everywhere anyways.

Old Greg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    I think people forget that those of us who are licensed to carry have been authorized to due so. +1 to archbishop in that criminals don't abide by those laws. When licensed citizens have to "disarm" and criminals don't, your store isn't as safe as you think!

Top Bottom