• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country

Not trying to be a jerk or anyting, maybe some spell checkers are better then others? This was with Outlook spell check.

FYI, it was grammar checking and not spell checking that would catch those errors. It is under your language tools of your word processor/MUA/whatever software you are running.
    Never substitute human eyes for computer logic in language checking.
    For the same reason 'right' was used when you wanted the homonym 'write'.
    No big deal.

PS, Firefox web browser has Spellchecking capabilities

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Company policies, and laws for that matter, operate on the principle that those to whom the policy apply, agree to modify their behavior, according to the policy. In other words, they agree to be governed. As such, policies and laws only have teeth after the fact, when punitive response is used. Those who do not agree to stay within the policy, or the law, have chosen not to be governed by them. In this sense, modification of behavior from choosing not to be governed, to being governed is unlikely at best. To that end, policies need to be evaluated as to whether the desired effect is achieved. I'm not sure what particular effect is desired here. To make employees feel safer? to make customers feel safer? To actually make the place safer? As has been discussed, the latter cannot be achieved with a "no guns" sign. It may make the employees feel safer, but that is just an illusion. Just as many armed robberies will happen...there is no doubt about that. :)

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    Mr. Horn himself may not be anti-gun, the company may not be anti-gun in general but their policies most certainly are. Companies are dam*ed if they do and dam*ed if they don't when it comes to law suits and insurance HOWEVER companies who respect the 2nd Amendment and our rights under it use common sense realizing that criminals are not going to follow any law or policy. Good companies don't, through anti-gun policies, encourage criminals attack their place of business by creating "gun-free" zones.

I will not be shopping at a Cash America Pawn until their anti-gun policy is changed and I will encourage everyone I know to not as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom