• ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You guys never compromise :D

Leaving my property is a compromise, but this one is very worth it to me. ;)

Still very tiny compared to say... military service, where your liberties are extremely restricted while you serve.

Would you have joined if you'd known how often you would be disarmed? :dunno:

Some things are worth it even if we don't completely agree.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Would you have joined if you'd known how often you would be disarmed? :dunno:
    I was 18 years old WTF did I know then :D
    Probably not much less then I do now.

Some things are worth it even if we don't completely agree.

I suppose but that doesn't mean I have to like it.:D

I sent my son's 10/22 to the gunsmith IndyGunWorks (plug) to get tech sights and setup for an appleseed. I guess I will have to wait in the car while you guys teach.

Last edited:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Another example is Appleseed, and da*n it, it sticks in my craw every time I have to tell a shooter when they exit their car to leave any handguns they may have on them there. The facts are, though, that this is a rule of the organization, the shooters will be down on the ground, wiggling into a good prone position, and while down, their holstered pistol is pointing back behind them.... which is where the instructors (us) are walking around, checking positions, etc., and where any bystanders are. Since we never point a firearm at anything we don't want to punch holes in, and since (hopefully!) no one wants to put holes in the instructors, that's the rule. It also may be an insurance thing, but I don't know that for a fact.

And as I said, it still bothers the hell out of me to enforce it, but as an instructor, if I'm going to be down on the ground with the shooters to help teach this or that concept, my pistol (and probably my holster) come off my belt before I do, and if I forget, I'm embarrassed, but I thank the person who told me.

If there is no prone shooting, I see no reason to disarm anyone.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill
    So if my wife had a handgun in her purse she might get in trouble with the Appleseed instructors?

Top Bottom