• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I was carrying at Hibachi Grill in Mishawaka. The hostess who seated us asked, "Are you guys cops?" (My girlfriend OCs as well.) I said, "Nope," and smiled.

She said, "But you guys have guns..."

"Yep, we're just every day people."

She was good with that.

Later today, at Walmart, a guy was eying our Glocks, and said, "Wow, you guys are packing heat!"

I said, "Of course!"

Then he said, "Good for you!"

Most of the time it goes like that.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    When ever I am asked why I carry or why I have guns I always jokingly answer "because I am too lazy to get in a fist fight" that answer always seems to shut em up

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    So open carrying a k frame won't make me look like I'm trying to get attention? It has a short barrel (3 inch) but is kinda bulky. I honestly don't want attention, I just want to carry in peace. I don't care to explain myself, I'm just not looking for attention.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So open carrying a k frame won't make me look like I'm trying to get attention? It has a short barrel (3 inch) but is kinda bulky. I honestly don't want attention, I just want to carry in peace. I don't care to explain myself, I'm just not looking for attention.

I'd consider it good attention if someone takes the time to notice and comment on a nice wheelgun.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Just say.....

8a997ada83473950a84989dbf206123a_zps96af41db.jpg

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis

I was at the Carmel Meijer with my Smith model 65-5 once and an old timer asked if I was a detective with Carmel. I responded with I wasn't law enforcement and was just a citizen exercising my right to bear arms. he just smiled and that was it.

It all just goes back to what was said before.

Act like you belong and carry yourself well and 99% of the people will never notice.

lyons0425

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    So I need some advice, I've been debating cc vs oc for months now. I know the arguements behind both and I support both, however, oc is uncommon around where I live. I'm trying to get the courage to do it, but to those of you who do, how do you respond to people who ask you questions? Such as, why do you need that, or what are you scared of, or simply the looks people gives you? What should I do in such a situation?

I've been having the same debate with myself now for a while. I've gotten extremely comfortable with CC and rarely leave the house without my SIG. For those of you who live on the North side of Indy burbs (Zionsville, Carmel, Fishers), any big issues or places to watch out for? I plan on OCing around the house more to get comfortable with it, any other suggestions? Anyone who OCs now want to put together an OC event at a Starbucks in Carmel? I imagine you would have a lot of people out to pop their OC cherry with more support.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'm going to agree with the fact that it's VERY rare that anyone notices.

I totally agree that it's important how you carry yourself. Confident. Open. Friendly. Smile!

I have a canned response that I got on INGO (sorry but I can't recall who to credit for it right now) when I get the "are you a cop?" or "why do you carry?" questions.

I just smile and say that I'm in charge of security for a very important South Bend family.

If they ask who, I say "MINE!"

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I agree with the other posters. I've been OCing for a long time now and I have ever had only three people say anything. A few people have seen my gun but not said anything, just yesterday I saw a guy in Wal-Mart do a double-take and stare at by Ruger, but he just walked off and didn't say a thing. The three people who said anything at all were all supporters.

My grandson asked once why I carry and I told him that in violent situations you have two options, run or fight. I'm too old and fat to run, so I have to fight. But I'm too old and fat to fight, so I carry a gun. He laughed and said "You're not OLD Papa!", so I guess that means he does think I'm fat.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Just yesterday a stranger actually thanked me for openly carrying my gun and commented that more people need to it. This was at Low Bob's on Lincolnway in Mishawaka. I've not had a negative interaction while ocing, just curious and positive.

Wine Country

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I got called out for the first time for poorly OC'ing last night (fat man in a little shirt). The gal at the gun counter, who used to be a neighbor, said "What's that?" I said, "A weapon." She said, "What caliber?" Went awfully well, I reckon.

Top Bottom